On Reflection Now - Masks are Required Indoors

Corgi Girl

We just boarded and received a letter stating that on the prior cruise there more than1% tested positive for COVID-19.  Affected crew and guests were removed from the ship.  This cruise all are required to wear masks indoors.

Still planning to have a great trip!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Corgi Girl said:

We just boarded and received a letter stating that on the prior cruise there more than1% tested positive for COVID-19.  Affected crew and guests were removed from the ship.  This cruise all are required to wear masks indoors.

Still planning to have a great trip!

Sorry to hear but love the attitude.  Hope you stay safe and healthy.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We had to wear masks indoors (when not eating or drinking) on Silhouette in September, it really was not an issue. We did feel very safe with the mask rules.

Different time then prior to the massively contagious Omicron. These mask rules unfortunately aren’t going to be enough if indoor dining continues as normal and no strict social distancing rules are employed outdoors on the ship.

51 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Thanks for the update…enjoy your cruise..did they say if this was a fleet wide policy or is it a ship by ship decision?

Just read the following on Equinox thread that started yesterday "Yesterday they said mask need to be worn at all times except while outdoors or actively eating/drinking" Pretty sure this is now a fleet wide policy. No longer bummed we cancelled our January 9 Equinox sailing!!!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Different time then prior to the massively contagious Omicron. These mask rules unfortunately aren’t going to be enough if indoor dining continues as normal and no strict social distancing rules are employed outdoors on the ship.

I am sure you are right…I was just trying to reassure guests presently on board, or about to board, that having to wear a mask doesn’t need to spoil a cruise, nor is it oppressive. On our September cruise strict mask wearing and social distancing was in place and was respected and adhered to by both staff and guests. 

As you say Omicron is different….Masks and social distancing still have a role to play.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Just read the following on Equinox thread that started yesterday "Yesterday they said mask need to be worn at all times except while outdoors or actively eating/drinking" Pretty sure this is now a fleet wide policy. No longer bummed we cancelled our January 9 Equinox sailing!!!

Also reported from the Equinox that about 25% are not wearing masks and no sign of enforcement. 

Same thing on the Edge. Boarded today, got the letter while on line. Not much impact for us since so much time is spent outside. Most people are distancing indoors and out, but Sunset bar is  shoulder to shoulder. Definitely not a very full ship, though 

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The spacing was the same last month and in all photos posted.   They just assigned pretty much every other table.

Every other table sounds like pretty good spacing.  Thanks for the quick answer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

I canceled 6 days ago, in part because I thought the mask policy would change. No mask indoors in Virginia for quite some time so doing it on board a cruise with significant $ spent was always a no go. Just too uncomfortable for me personally.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

I canceled 6 days ago, in part because I thought the mask policy would change. No mask indoors in Virginia for quite some time so doing it on board a cruise with significant $ spent was always a no go. Just too uncomfortable for me personally.

I agree. I’m on the apex now (final night) and this would have been a miserable experience if I had to wear a mask on board. I cancelled three 2022 bookings on NCL after they reinstated their mask mandate and I had planned to shift them to Celebrity but I’m going to hold off until mid-February to see how this plays out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Steve_MI said:

I agree. I’m on the apex now (final night) and this would have been a miserable experience if I had to wear a mask on board. I cancelled three 2022 bookings on NCL after they reinstated their mask mandate and I had planned to shift them to Celebrity but I’m going to hold off until mid-February to see how this plays out. 

We are scheduled for Apex this Saturday.  I am so bummed if they institute masks and will have to make that decision about cancelling/not cancelling if they let us know ahead of time.  I work in tourism and watching people touch their masks all over the area where germs are collecting is just gross - and half the time, they are below the persons nose... not to mention the masks left everywhere....

• Like 4

With the limited number of guests onboard, masks should really not be required. I can understand possibly requiring them in elevators but other than that I don't think that wearing a mask while walking to and from your dining room table will make any difference to onboard numbers at all. If they really want to cut back on positive cases, testing for Covid-19 at the port directly prior to boarding would help much more than any kind of mask requirements.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I'm on Reflection right now as well.  I'm not surprised by the new mask mandate but I am disappointed that we were not alerted before entering the cruise terminal.  This decision was obviously made before we arrived.  We received five or six alerts this morning before getting to the pier about making sure we watched the safety video and check in at our muster drill.  I know many aren't bothered by wearing masks at all....but others are. A notification before getting inside the terminal should have been sent as we are traveling with people who may have decided to stay home.

They've also changed a port of call (expected these to happen).  Dropped St. Croix and added Nassau. Ports aren't nearly as important as they once were to us so we're not bothered by this change or other changes that may likely pop up this week. 

But I think the bottom line for many is they aren't going to deliver the cruise experience people paid for.   We'll see how it goes and then I'll compare since I've sailed Summit and Equinox since August.  

I was told by the maitre 'd in Murano that they expected to sail with approximately 1,000 passengers this week and las week they had about 1,600.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

I'm on Reflection right now as well.  I'm not surprised by the new mask mandate but I am disappointed that we were not alerted before entering the cruise terminal.  This decision was obviously made before we arrived.  We received five or six alerts this morning before getting to the pier about making sure we watched the safety video and check in at our muster drill.  I know many aren't bothered by wearing masks at all....but others are. A notification before getting inside the terminal should have been sent as we are traveling with people who may have decided to stay home.

They've also changed a port of call (expected these to happen).  Dropped St. Croix and added Nassau. Ports aren't nearly as important as they once were to us so we're not bothered by this change or other changes that may likely pop up this week. 

But I think the bottom line for many is they aren't going to deliver the cruise experience people paid for.   We'll see how it goes and then I'll compare since I've sailed Summit and Equinox since August.  

I was told by the maitre 'd in Murano that they expected to sail with approximately 1,000 passengers this week and las week they had about 1,600.

But why the “quiet” announcement while boarding and not a regular corporate announcement a week in advance. I’m sure some were surprised at embarkation snd would have canceled under CWC outside the 48 hours,

• Like 1

Just now, Virginia100 said:

But why the “quiet” announcement while boarding and not a regular corporate announcement a week in advance. I’m sure some were surprised at embarkation snd would have canceled under CWC outside the 48 hours,

There was no announcement.  We were handed a sheet of paper with the information.  I bet some didn't even bother to read it.  I think we would have definitely had a few in our group cancel had we been told.  We'll make the best of it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

The good thing about Omicron, it’s the sniffles for the most part..especially with vaccinated folks. I’m pretty sure I had right after Christmas..doing fine. 

Y’all need to get this cleared up before my late March Apex cruise.. 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

So glad we made the decision to cancel this one when final payment was due in Oct! Having had the Reflection Suite booked it was a tough choice, but now with all the issues of cancelled flights, pre boarding covid tests, port changes, now having to mask indoors and the possibility of catching covid and having to leave our suite to quarantine, I am happy to be sitting on my sofa in my sweats watching football! 
There will definitely be other cruises in our future which will be stress free and more enjoyable! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

So glad we made the decision to cancel this one when final payment was due in Oct! Having had the Reflection Suite booked it was a tough choice, but now with all the issues of cancelled flights, pre boarding covid tests, port changes, now having to mask indoors and the possibility of catching covid and having to leave our suite to quarantine, I am happy to be sitting on my sofa in my sweats watching football! 
There will definitely be other cruises in our future which will be stress free and more enjoyable! 

You lucky, we just made Final Payment two weeks ago on the last day so we now wait for FCC  snd refund for airfare. Next is Beyond on 8/8, so we paid in effect very early when we apply our FCC in 2 months.