Are jeans appropriate in the MDR?

brwneyedgirl72

I am scheduled to sail on Regal Princess at the end of January, and was wondering if jeans are acceptable attire in the MDR (not formal night) and specialty restaurants.  I have been sailing Celebrity almost exclusively for the past several years and jeans are acceptable in the MDR.  This is my first sailing on Princess in quite some time and I don't want to be dressed inappropriately.  Many thanks!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, brwneyedgirl72 said:

I am scheduled to sail on Regal Princess at the end of January, and was wondering if jeans are acceptable attire in the MDR (not formal night) and specialty restaurants.  I have been sailing Celebrity almost exclusively for the past several years and jeans are acceptable in the MDR.  This is my first sailing on Princess in quite some time and I don't want to be dressed inappropriately.  Many thanks!

Absolutely dressy ones. No holes or rips. 

• Like 6

We were on the Regal for its transatlantic crossing back in August.  I wore jeans almost exclusively the entire sailing...but did "dress up" a bit with khakis and a nice shirt on "formal" nights.  Nobody said a word to me and as far as I know...I did not get any dirty looks! LOL

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Jeans are fine for formal nights, too. 

I’ve never worn anything but jeans over the years on both formal and non formal nights. Don’t let the fashion police intimidate you!!

I told my husband to buy black jeans the last time & he got his standard old blue jeans. At least the black ones don't stand out so much. 

• Like 4

I'm piping in only to say I love seeing how this thread went. I've been around here long enough to remember when this simple question would have set off an epic flame war (right up there with smoking). 😉 Glad that's not the case any longer, and I - for one - am glad the dress codes have relaxed a bit. Happy cruising everyone. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

Here we go...the simply answer is NO!

Dress Code:

There are two recommendations for evenings and dinners:

Smart casual:

Dress the same way you would do for a visit to a restaurant at home. Skirts, dresses or “trousers” with t-shirt or blouse for ladies, “trousers “ and shirt or polo shirt for gentlemen. Shorts and swimwear are not allowed in restaurant.

Formal:

Evening gown, cocktail dress or pantsuits for ladies, suit, combination or dinner jackets for gentlemen.

*jeans are not “trousers”....call me “old school”...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I'm piping in only to say I love seeing how this thread went. I've been around here long enough to remember when this simple question would have set off an epic flame war (right up there with smoking). 😉 Glad that's not the case any longer, and I - for one - am glad the dress codes have relaxed a bit. Happy cruising everyone. 🙂

lol i am right there with you. i was expecting it to go downhill very quickly.To the OP, my husband did wear black jeans and a collared shirt to the MDR,  even on the 1 formal night we ate there,  on the Enchanted last month. I wore dress pants and a nice top. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

I see you are concerned about fitting in. I noticed comedian Jeff Foxworthy usually wears newer jeans, boots, western belt and an open collar shirt with a nice sport coat. I adopted that look for smart casual nights and I never feel out of place, land or sea. Formal nights on the ship I wear a tux, but both are up to you.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

Dress Code:

Smart casual:

Dress the same way you would do for a visit to a restaurant at home. Skirts, dresses or “trousers” with t-shirt or blouse for ladies, “trousers “ and shirt or polo shirt for gentlemen. Shorts and swimwear are not allowed in restaurant.

Formal:

Evening gown, cocktail dress or pantsuits for ladies, suit, combination or dinner jackets for gentlemen.

OK, You’re “old school”.

Dress CODE = Dress SUGGESTION.  Thinking you might be much happier on Cunard. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

Dress Code:

Smart casual:

Formal:

This is the correct response…… 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2