Cancelled cruises -Double points applied

To our Crown & Anchor Members impacted by the recent sailing cancellations.

Last week, we announced cancellations of several sailings and received many questions regarding the Double Point promotion.    Please note as soon as the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) issued for these cancellations is applied to an upcoming booking, we will automatically apply the Double Points. There’s nothing you need to do to ensure the points are applied. 

We know many of you booked your vacations because of the Double Points promotion, and we look forward to seeing you back onboard.

Michael Bayley on FB 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Yeah, would be nice, but we couldn't take the FCC cause we wouldn't have had it in time to rebook for a different cruise. I think anyone that books again that was on a cancelled cruise SHOULD be provided the double points as well, for 1 cruise in place of the cancelled one.  Just saying and wishing.

Erika

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Yeah, would be nice, but we couldn't take the FCC cause we wouldn't have had it in time to rebook for a different cruise. I think anyone that books again that was on a cancelled cruise SHOULD be provided the double points as well, for 1 cruise in place of the cancelled one.  Just saying and wishing.

Erika

Erika my TA and the Resolution department said if they would check into the DBL points and if they are going to take care of those impacted by the canceled sailings, they will make sure  I get the dbl points. 
Not sure if you booked direct or through a TA but I would make sure they work on it for you!!  

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I wonder if this applies to just the current cancelations or will go back.  

That would be a minefield... but I suspect a lot of people are calling C&A asking why they can't have their double points for their previously cancelled cruise.

He's tried to do the right thing (for which I am truly grateful if my 96 point cruise disappears) -  but I think he may have opened a can of worms. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

Now I’m irked.  Was on the serenade 5 March cruise that got cancelled.  Requested a refund instead of more fccs as I have a bunch of fccs (some were applied to the serenade cruise and will be coming back to me).  Turned around and booked a cruise on Odyssey for cash and no double points.  Why can’t they decide this stuff when they do the cancellations?  Lost out on 28 points as I was booked solo.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, little britain said:

That would be a minefield... but I suspect a lot of people are calling C&A asking why they can't have their double points for their previously cancelled cruise.

He's tried to do the right thing (for which I am truly grateful if my 96 point cruise disappears) -  but I think he may have opened a can of worms. 

I agree.   I really didn't book for the points but I am sure it is important to others. If I remember the next time I call C&A I will ask but will not want to spend much time pursuing it.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

In the COVID era, when C&A cruisers make up the great majority of passengers, you gotta keep them satisfied.

Biker, who wonders when the promo will make a comeback.

I'm wondering if you have a year to use the fcc, does that mean you can book a year from now and get double pts ... past the end of the promo.

Every new tie in of a new policy will add chaos and bugs in the IT systems that issue and process FCC.

If you are issued such FCC with double points attached, make sure you get in writing your new booking has the double points promo attached to it, and don’t misplace that correspondence.

There are so many possibilities on how that New FCC with the promo attached can be used outside of it 100% being applied to just 1 cruise “happy path”. Say if you were issued 1000 FCC that has the double points promo on it, how would Royal manage splitting that FCC in such a way that only one booking will receive the promo and others will not if used for say 2 future cruise deposits? These things need to be coded and managed properly.

Spur of the moment business process changes cause havoc within defined systems and code.

I like the customer focus, but from people’s history with booking glitches that applied  FCC that magically cancel, I can see this becoming a huge headache for both the customer and the customer support reps when things go sideways, which they seem to do quite often. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Big difference between Royal cancelling the cruise for passengers who were prepared to sail vs passengers who cancelled voluntarily.  They have been through this numerous times with differences in FCC or lift and shift options over the past 21 months and stuck to their original offer.  I don't expect any leeway for guest who voluntarily cancelled.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, binro01 said:

If you are issued such FCC with double points attached, make sure you get in writing your new booking has the double points promo attached to it, and don’t misplace that correspondence.

Good luck getting anything in writing.  When you cannot even get a written notification that they have cancelled your cruise for a refund or  cancellation number I highly doubt you will ever see anything in writing about the double points.  The best you can do is take a screenshot of MB's FB post and save that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I learned my Symphony cruise was cancelled on Cruise Critic.  Is it unusual that I have not received any communication from RCCL  regarding my cancelled cruise?  No email... nothing.  I find this hard to accept.

I do know if you use a TA then all emails will be sent to them. I wish RC would send to both TA and cruisers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Serious question. Can someone please explain what the good perks are cause I'm not seeing what the big deal is when I look at the C&A breakdown? Or is it just bragging rights on forums like this

Diamond only a welcome beverage and balcony discount

Diamond plus, bogo pay dining, 25 more balcony discount, I know it varies, free amenity gift

I cruise solo and at 340 pts 50% off 2nd fare and 2nd gift, 2 free bottles of wine for instance

Crystal block at 140 pts, and 70 thereafter

Pinnacles get free wifi, a free cruise every so many pts. Diamond gets 24 hours free wifi, not sure diamond plus. I used my free wifi to contact my ta, came in handy for a price drop. I think they get into coastal kitchen and some other stuff. 

Diamond or possibly pinnacle lounge is nice with free snacks at 5 pm. The free daily drinks are very nice too, 4 5 or 6. Enjoyed my specialty coffee. 

These are the things important to me, especially the solo discount at 340. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I learned my Symphony cruise was cancelled on Cruise Critic.  Is it unusual that I have not received any communication from RCCL  regarding my cancelled cruise?  No email... nothing.  I find this hard to accept.

Cc is how I found out my jewel or liberty cruise b2b way last year was cancelled. I read it on cc. Never did hear from rcl. It's very normal. 

9 hours ago, little britain said:

To our Crown & Anchor Members impacted by the recent sailing cancellations.

Last week, we announced cancellations of several sailings and received many questions regarding the Double Point promotion.    Please note as soon as the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) issued for these cancellations is applied to an upcoming booking, we will automatically apply the Double Points. There’s nothing you need to do to ensure the points are applied. 

We know many of you booked your vacations because of the Double Points promotion, and we look forward to seeing you back onboard.

Michael Bayley on FB 

Good stuff.  Now all they need to do is extend the dates of FCCs.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Big difference between Royal cancelling the cruise for passengers who were prepared to sail vs passengers who cancelled voluntarily.  They have been through this numerous times with differences in FCC or lift and shift options over the past 21 months and stuck to their original offer.  I don't expect any leeway for guest who voluntarily cancelled.

Especially those of us who were packed, COVID tested and in route 

• Like 1

I have been lucky enough to not have any FCC’s and been able to Lift and Shift. I do have 3 cruises that originally were slated for 2020, and been moved a few times, now to 2023. They still retain original booking numbers when booked in 2019. I would love to get my double points on those (solo), as they are longer cruises.

1 hour ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Can someone please explain what the good perks are cause I'm not seeing what the big deal is when I look at the C&A breakdown?

Perk value is in the eye of the beholder, but when compared to other lines, RCI is quite generous in their loyalty program. 

• Like 1