The Daily for Saturday 01/22/2022

richwmn

4 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I exchanged texts with my DSIL yesterday and she is feeling better after having the IV Antibodies. I think it also helped that it was caught before getting to her lungs. With her history and COPD she sure didn’t need that. 

That sounds promising 🙏🏻 

Hoping she recovers easily.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

But at least I don't have to have a hip replacement, although that was a bit of a letdown, too, now what do I do?  The doctor says says to stick with the glucosamine until next month, and if it doesn't help at all, he'll send me for some physio.

I know you don’t think so right now, Ann, but not having a hip replacement is a blessing.  There’s a lot of rehab and physio after that.  I think you will find physio and exercises will make a world of difference, at least I hope so 🙏🏻

Thanks on Jose and Marley - lots of mountains to climb yet but I will take any positive news I can get right now.

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Squirrel day and cat questions all in one.  " How can we get to him? " 

we want to eat him '12.jpg

I think that’s chipmunk day and cat question all in one 😉 

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Another cat question. When are you going to find me a home? My stray I am trying to re-home. 😿

IMG_20220121_142303871_MP.jpg

IMG_20220120_122620029_HDR.jpg

Beautiful cat.  Sure deserves a fur-ever home.  ♥️ 

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Just checking in before heading over to the sail-away thread.   I just re-read my post from this morning and have to apologize to everyone - I came across sounding like a whiney, uncaring brat.  Obviously I was reveling in a pity party and apologize for that behaviour. 

Hello?  You were not whiney nor a brat.  Nor in a pity party.  If anyone has done this on that thread it is me.

I totally got your disappointment and worry at the same time for your DH.  ♥️. We’re here for you and feel free to vent any time.  And NEVER feel you are whiney or a brat.  You are far from that.

58 minutes ago, bobpatj said:

Sure hope to be boarding Rotterdam VII, tomorrow!

Pat

I hope so too!  I’m going to be optimistic for you and wish you Bon Voyage!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Just checking in before heading over to the sail-away thread.   I just re-read my post from this morning and have to apologize to everyone - I came across sounding like a whiney, uncaring brat.  Obviously I was reveling in a pity party and apologize for that behaviour.  I would much rather have to cancel a cruise than lose my DH; we can celebrate our 45th anniversary on the date it was intended (April 9th), rather than ahead of time on a BHB.  I know our turn will come to step aboard one of those fabulous cruise ships, as we're not canceling our trans-Atlantic out of Barcelona on the Oosterdam scheduled for November this year.

Edit:  And I just realized the sail-away from FLL is tomorrow.  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry 

You came across as VERY 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷, not whiney.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

While a couple of the big three shows started earlier this week, the really big draw, the Sports, Vacation and Travel Show, aka the Big Tent or The RV Show, started today.  It is always a mad house on the first morning, but this afternoon even about 12:30, it was unbelievable.  It's been several years since the attendance at the shows by shoppers and vendors was what it was 10-15 years ago.  That has changed this year.  It seemed to us that there were double the number of cars and shoppers over the big turnouts in years past.   At least, the vendors should be happy and may want to return next year.

Fortunately, by the time we got to the area, the traffic was not backed up as far as we've seen it in the past, but it still took us about 15-20 minutes to go a mile or less.  Later, the traffic in that area was backed up even further, but we were looking at it from the Interstate.  It was easier to take it from one end of town to the exit past the free camping on the west side of town.

We did not stop to go through any of the vendor sites.  First, we would not have been able to find a parking place, and second, too many people did not have masks.  Even outside, when it's this crowded, we want to see masks.

I took some pictures all of the cars parked in the wash on both sides of the street, but they really don't tell the story that well.  I couldn't get any pictures of the people and vendors because of the traffic, but I got some of the groups camping in the desert.  They are not only filling the area close to us, but the other free areas around town, and the paid LTVAs (long term visitor areas).  The merchants in town must be happy too.

BTW, you can see that our sunny skies have changed to heavy clouds.   The chance of much needed rain is back, but I'm not holding my breath.  Woo-hoo!  We're getting rain.  It started just after I posted this.  Just hope it keeps up enough to settle the dust, and glad I dusted the car earlier.

Just a glimpse of the cars, trucks and ATV's parked down one branch of the wash, and it was the same all over the wash on both sides of the road.  We were taking bets on how many had gotten stuck, which is easy to do in the soft sand and gravel.  (We know from experience.  😁)  The next picture is the traffic and cars approaching the vendor area.

20220122_123926.thumb.jpg.3c9463a21add68c0c21114eb1f80c710.jpg

20220122_124053.thumb.jpg.76e867842374e654e38504543e43fe42.jpg

Campers long the road parreling the Interstate, and we could see more groups stretching back from there.

20220122_132440_HDR.thumb.jpg.54de129bee5e4e13e9e6517d052db210.jpg

20220122_132910.thumb.jpg.9e3544efc1556c9ac86f9d3d0874f8b7.jpg

These were in the same camping area, but across a wash and along the road to our neighborhood.

20220122_133406.thumb.jpg.f3878c749edb639fc8ec87e4ee080218.jpg

We boondocked (no hookups) in the desert for two winters.  We had solar panels and a wind generator for power.  We'd have to get water and dump about every ten days.  It was fun, but that was also 23 years ago.  Now, I like our nice warm house here.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good Saturday morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

It's -10C with a snow squall watch for us.  Bertie may get a shorter walk than usual this morning.

Interesting quote.

Blonde brownies sound like a good idea.  I don't have a cat to talk to.  I don't think I have anything with polka dots.

The dinner suggestion sounds good.  Hope the drink and wine are tasty too.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

Winter has really hit the Great Lakes the last few weeks.  I have been able to see ice flowing down the river on the web cam at Port Huron.  Hope you guys are doing well!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Blonde Brownie Day?  To me they're not brownies any more; give me chocolate!  I try to answer Sochi's questions, but some days she doesn't like my answers.  Love polka dots - when I was a little girl, my mom made me a fabulous dress, black with coloured polka dots; I remember feeling like a princess whenever I wore it.

We had more snow overnight and I didn't even have to open the curtains to know that; you can tell just by the amount of light reflecting into the house to know there's been another snow drop.  Our temperature isn't bad right now (-13C or 8.6F), and I hope it stays in that area, as it's quite comfortable for us.

Well, today I have to do something I've never done before.  I have to cancel our Panama Canal cruise that we were to board next Sunday out of San Diego.  I'll be speaking with our TA this afternoon and have it taken off our account.  DH has been having health issues that are going to require both a pacemaker and a couple of stents, so that's taking us off the travel map for a while.  I'm sad, because we really needed this trip - all I wanted was for someone to take care of us for 2 weeks, cooking our food, serving our drinks, making us feel pampered, etc., but it's going to have to wait.   DH has another appointment on Feb 8th for an echocardiogram, and we'll see after that when he will have the procedures done.  On the bright side, I look great, having had my nails, hair and pedicure done this week!  LOL   I guess I'll work off my unhappiness by going out and shoveling snow - it beats eating worms.

Neither DH nor I are great fans of gnocchi, so I'll take a pass on today's menu suggestion.  I don't feel much like cooking today, so I think I'll check the online menus to see what looks good and will order in dinner for us tonight.  Maybe something expensive.  LOL   And wine.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Tyler.

@mamaofamiyou could write a book about your horrible experiences with aides; hopefully you'll luck onto a good one, and soon!

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jose, his medical team, Jacqui, and all our Dailyites who have health issues.  We'll raise our glasses tonight to cheer on all on the happy list.  Stay safe, keep warm, wash your hands, wear your masks, get your boosters, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Sorry to hear of your need to cancel your cruise.  I'm sure you needed it!  

• Like 9

We are enjoying our dry and mild (in the 40s) weather here.  I thought we have visited Nagasaki and I looked for pictures, but could only find some of Hiroshima.

Our log house went on the market today.  The photographer finally got the drone photos yesterday.  I bought the property from my cousin 32 years ago; it was built in 1932 on property my uncle's parents settled on about 1900.  Kind of mixed emotions on selling something that has been in the family so long.  However, at 82, it is no longer fun being a landlord.  It is supposed to be a hot seller's market here, so we will see what happens.

• Like 18

There is nothing quite like the smell of the desert after it rains.  It's hard to describe except that it is a clean, fresh smell.

@USN59-79  Good luck with the sale of the cabin.  Thanks for the pictures.  Love the fireplace.  Are the stairs as steep as they look?

Lenda

• Like 11

Good evening, everyone!

Thanks to everyone here for making The Daily such a friendly and caring spot on the internet.  Sincere healing thoughts and hugs 🤗 to those on the care list and cheers 🥂 to those on the celebratory list.

I have several polka dot tops, so in honor of polka dot day, I wore this top to a tea with a special lady today 😉.  (Sorry for the fuzzy pic.)

C30C3DC5-AAD7-4C93-ABF3-8C4B7A9E9755.thumb.jpeg.37905e32bb30a20bac96e91b0ca4cc0a.jpeg

Edited by kb4683
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

There is nothing quite like the smell of the desert after it rains.  It's hard to describe except that it is a clean, fresh smell.

@USN59-79  Good luck with the sale of the cabin.  Thanks for the pictures.  Love the fireplace.  Are the stairs as steep as they look?

Lenda

Yes, they are.  The roof also.  Before the picture was taken it had a cedar shake roof which I slid off one unhappy day.

Ray

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Just checking in before heading over to the sail-away thread.   I just re-read my post from this morning and have to apologize to everyone - I came across sounding like a whiney, uncaring brat.  Obviously I was reveling in a pity party and apologize for that behaviour.  I would much rather have to cancel a cruise than lose my DH; we can celebrate our 45th anniversary on the date it was intended (April 9th), rather than ahead of time on a BHB.  I know our turn will come to step aboard one of those fabulous cruise ships, as we're not canceling our trans-Atlantic out of Barcelona on the Oosterdam scheduled for November this year.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

You are not a whiner at all!  Of course you have some disappointment at not going on this much needed getaway. But you know that your husband will be much better when he gets this very important surgery.  And then you have the excitement of planning a new cruise.  We support you all the way. ❤️

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobpatj said:

Hello from Ft Lauderdale!  We had an early morning flight from very cold CLE to nice and warm FLL.  I think I saw Nieuw Amsterdam from the air as we were landing.  We had our Covid tests yesterday afternoon, and can’t be sure if we’ll get our results before boarding time, tomorrow.  We’re staying close to the hotel, since we can get all our meals, here.  Sure hope to be boarding Rotterdam VII, tomorrow!

Pat

Hope you fail that test, if you don't get the results HAL will test you.  Have a wonderful, fun cruise!

• Like 12

4 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Blondies?, no thanks. I love chocolate Brownies. Both the drink of the day and the wine look interesting. Gnochi and pesto, I don't know having never eaten gnochi. I probably should try it someday. I am wearing a grey sweatshirt with multicolor polka dots and I talk with both of my cats several times a day. I guess that I am answering all their questions as they don't seem to get mad at me.

@Quartzsite Cruiserthank you for reposting your photos of Nagasaki.

@ger_77I am sorry you had to cancel your cruise and I pray for a good outcome for your DH.

@smitty34877does the hospital Tana is in have any family counseling service or even any discharge planners who could suggest a counselor for her son?

@grapau27you did it again with your food photo. I will be thinking I am starving all day.

@StLouisCruisersI had a similar experience one time when I went to the hospital to see my husband and when I got to his room I was told , oh he isn't here anymore. I had to call his Doctor to find out that he had been transferred to another facility. It was a very frightening experience. I will be praying for your DSIL's mother.

Thank you for your prayers.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@StLouisCruisers That's awful that they moved DSIL's DM and didn't tell the family! Of course one would think the worst seeing someone else in that bed. Sorry to hear she has so many issues and maybe a poor prognosis. Prayers for her and the family.

@ger_77 We understand. I think you were disappointed, and we can all understand that. And of course DH's health come first.

Your prayers are much appreciated!

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@ger_77 Jeez.. you DID sound like a whiny brat!

Lol, no you didn't.  Don't be silly! All of us need to vent a teeny bit now and again. That's one of the reasons we all love our Daily so much. There's no judgement here. 

A productive Saturday. Close out of our yearly ledger for our neighborhood.  (I'm treasurer) Hooked up the new printer, works like a charm. Downloaded and printed some tax statements, and getting ready to make rib eyes for dinner with a friend coming over. I forgot a few ingredients for a smashed potato dish but will substitute a few herbs.

Sandi wishing your family issues come to a halt and we see you on the celebration list soon. Happy Birthday to your Tyler! There's a celebration!

Prayers and blessings for you Jacqui, Jose, Marley.

Prayers for Tana and all on our Roy's list.

Congratulations to those sailing away this week. Have fun!

It would be wonderful to have all these family issues over with.  Thanks for the good wishes.

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sandi, I'm sorry your DSIL's mother is not improving.  And what a scare to find someone else in her bed, and then to learn she had been transferred to a different hospital without their being notified.

We had that experience once with my father, but it was not that bad since had been moved from  acute care room to a normal room. 

I am sending very positive thoughts that your DSIL's doctors and find the problem and can help her.

Gerry, you did not come across as a "whiney, uncaring brat".  We all understood you were disappointed to have to cancel your cruise, but that your DH came first.  As many of us, including you, have told others, we are here to commiserate and support each other when things don't go as planned.  By November, your DH should be as good as new, and you will enjoy your cruise all the more, knowing you don't have to worry about his health.

Bon voyage tomorrow. Enjoy your cruise.  If all else fails, you could explain things and get a covid test at the pier.

Lenda

Positive thoughts help a lot.  Thanks Lenda.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

No need for apologies.  You certainly didn't sound whiney at all.  We all understand the disappointment of cancellation, but you wouldn't be cancelling if your DH's health didn't come first.  You have the right priorities.

Oh, my gosh!   That would be terrible for someone with a weak heart.  So often it isn't what they do, it is how it is done that causes the problem.  Prayers for DSIL that his mom may be comfortable and peaceful.  

Happy Birthday to Tyler!

Thanks Debbie!  It's great to have so many friends here to sooth us when we have these problems.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Yes!  Since it's already happened it won't go on the list but Happy Birthday.

Roy

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Tyler.  No more birthdays until March!

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

A couple of pictures of the old log house.P1040261.thumb.JPG.d675a74e11254c888c41c60c8fe46807.JPGP1040267.thumb.JPG.e860192a048a4d8f609616759601f37a.JPGP1040271.thumb.JPG.8854dc81bfa0d451e5fb4427afd9531e.JPG

You can tell that's an authentic log cabin.  Someone will snap it up for sure.  That bent tree trunk made quite a useful hand rail!

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

While a couple of the big three shows started earlier this week, the really big draw, the Sports, Vacation and Travel Show, aka the Big Tent or The RV Show, started today.  It is always a mad house on the first morning, but this afternoon even about 12:30, it was unbelievable.  It's been several years since the attendance at the shows by shoppers and vendors was what it was 10-15 years ago.  That has changed this year.  It seemed to us that there were double the number of cars and shoppers over the big turnouts in years past.   At least, the vendors should be happy and may want to return next year.

Fortunately, by the time we got to the area, the traffic was not backed up as far as we've seen it in the past, but it still took us about 15-20 minutes to go a mile or less.  Later, the traffic in that area was backed up even further, but we were looking at it from the Interstate.  It was easier to take it from one end of town to the exit past the free camping on the west side of town.

We did not stop to go through any of the vendor sites.  First, we would not have been able to find a parking place, and second, too many people did not have masks.  Even outside, when it's this crowded, we want to see masks.

I took some pictures all of the cars parked in the wash on both sides of the street, but they really don't tell the story that well.  I couldn't get any pictures of the people and vendors because of the traffic, but I got some of the groups camping in the desert.  They are not only filling the area close to us, but the other free areas around town, and the paid LTVAs (long term visitor areas).  The merchants in town must be happy too.

BTW, you can see that our sunny skies have changed to heavy clouds.   The chance of much needed rain is back, but I'm not holding my breath.  Woo-hoo!  We're getting rain.  It started just after I posted this.  Just hope it keeps up enough to settle the dust, and glad I dusted the car earlier.

Just a glimpse of the cars, trucks and ATV's parked down one branch of the wash, and it was the same all over the wash on both sides of the road.  We were taking bets on how many had gotten stuck, which is easy to do in the soft sand and gravel.  (We know from experience.  😁)  The next picture is the traffic and cars approaching the vendor area.

20220122_123926.thumb.jpg.3c9463a21add68c0c21114eb1f80c710.jpg

20220122_124053.thumb.jpg.76e867842374e654e38504543e43fe42.jpg

Campers long the road parreling the Interstate, and we could see more groups stretching back from there.

20220122_132440_HDR.thumb.jpg.54de129bee5e4e13e9e6517d052db210.jpg

20220122_132910.thumb.jpg.9e3544efc1556c9ac86f9d3d0874f8b7.jpg

These were in the same camping area, but across a wash and along the road to our neighborhood.

20220122_133406.thumb.jpg.f3878c749edb639fc8ec87e4ee080218.jpg

We boondocked (no hookups) in the desert for two winters.  We had solar panels and a wind generator for power.  We'd have to get water and dump about every ten days.  It was fun, but that was also 23 years ago.  Now, I like our nice warm house here.

Lenda

Many years, 1980, since I really spent time around the show in Quartzite. Thanks for the memories.  I know many have gone this year.  I am glad I went cruising instead. Much safer. Thanks Rich and Roy. I spent a lot of time looking at a house down near Mobile. My son is really ready for me to move down there and went on a walking tour so I could see a house that fit me. With all the cold here it seems nice. Who knows. Life is full of surprises. 

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hope you fail that test, if you don't get the results HAL will test you.  Have a wonderful, fun cruise!

Relax  and  have a  fantastic  time  on  your  cruise. 

Jim.

• Like 9

Thanks for all the daily reports.

@rafinmd good news  that your PSA is heading down.

@smitty34877  encouraging news of Tana, hope counselling can be organised for her son.

@JAM37hope your DD and Licy quickly recover.

@ger_77 sorry that you have cancelled your cruise due to health issues,  from experince I know how disappointing that is, best wishes to your DH for successful treatment.

@StLouisCruisers Happy 24th  Birthday to your DGS Tyler.

Appalling that relatives were not notified that your DSIL's mother was transfered to another hospital.

@bobpatj Bon Voyage.

@USN59-79 good luck for a quick sale of the log house.

Omicron has spread from the border control into the community, the PM this morning held a press conference to announce that the entire country moves toTraffic light RED  at 1159 pm tonight. Telling the population to get vaccinated or booster, wear masks, social distance, get tested if any symptoms etc.. Her wedding has been delayed.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Well, maybe it is my opportunity to be whiny. Except I have no one to blame but myself for forgetting to take my meds yesterday.

I have been suffering all day with my pains in my shoulders and arms.  Since taking the prednisone every day, the pains were manageable. Just forgetting for one day set me back more than I could imagine.  I had trouble sleeping last night due to the pain. Finally got up at 6 am. Had something to eat and took the meds thinking it would get me back on track.  No such thing.

Still in pain all day. God nothing done.  

I really hope this doesn’t screw up the blood work on Tuesday.

I am not a happy camper.  

Didn’t think missing my meds one day would do this to me.

Say a prayer. Please.

Terri

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Since no one has posted pictures of Nagasaki and since we have new Dailyites since April 8, 2021, when it was the port of the day, I thought I'd repost what I shared way back then.

These are pictures of the Peace Park, an extensive area and these are just a few of the monuments.

The bomb was dropped on August 9, 1945 at 11:02 am.

IMG_1052.thumb.JPG.3685949743f01f99a79fcf5605ee83e5.JPG

As in Hiroshima, a portion of a building was left standing as a memorial.

IMG_1054.thumb.JPG.914591a07a2500700a784569a57038b8.JPG

These are just a small sampling of the Peace Park.

IMG_5125.thumb.JPG.01365bf0adcafc0e56dffe2be196e10d.JPG

IMG_5127.thumb.JPG.82265da47db02e650b71aa87c85fd43c.JPG

IMG_5131.thumb.JPG.a9efa1379e71ef088e68e7b1bd6ca00f.JPG

IMG_5133.thumb.JPG.c5e38640927b46400c5e1f1b1cbf0a93.JPG

IMG_5138.thumb.JPG.f2a0b3e1a019b2a43e70478a3474a1f2.JPG

The park and the entire cruise commemorating the various battles to take back the Pacific Islands was a very moving experience.

There will be more in another post.

Lenda

Thank you for the pictures of Nagasaki. Very touching. 

7 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

My favourite thing in the whole world is bacon and mushrooms on toast for breakfast.   I'm sticking with oatmeal for the time being though.  

Good morning, Dailyites, I haven't posted for a couple of days because I have PCSD (Post Covid ...).  We are now supposed to "learn to live with it", and not worry, the only people most at risk are those over 80, yeah, right, and I'm over 80.  But at least I don't have to have a hip replacement, although that was a bit of a letdown, too, now what do I do?  The doctor says says to stick with the glucosamine until next month, and if it doesn't help at all, he'll send me for some physio. I have to go in in February for my prolia shot, so we'll discuss it then.

DS came in a few days ago with Oskar (I think I posted a picture) and then called the next day to say someone at work had tested positive.  We hunkered down for a  couple of days, but then Dr. Bonnie announced that anyone who had come into contact with someone infected with Covid didn't have to isolate, so we went out again.  We are careful masking, but it is very annoying that we are old.  And DS seems to be okay.

Gerry, sorry about your forced cruise cancellation, but it will be wiser to wait until your DH has no chance of infection after surgery.  We are booked for the PC cruise on NA in October, we picked it because it goes out of Vancouver.  And @mamaofami, what an ordeal you are going through - the aides from hell must be making things worse than they already are.  One of my California cousins is in the hospital, they are trying to figure out what is wrong with her confusion and garbled speech (they think it may be MS), her husband has Alzheimers; they have a wonderful aide who was "lent" to them by a friend and they have now taken on full time.  

That sun-dried tomato pesto with pistachios sounds wonderful.  I sent the recipe to DD as we have a surfeit of pistachios at the moment.  We'll see if she decides to make it.  Love gnocchi.  And Graham's food porn makes we want to go off the January diet.

The sun is shining, and will be for a few days, the down side is that it will get really cold at night, Pat brings in the hummingbird feeders so they don't freeze, and then has to get up at the crack of dawn to put them out.  The birds are waiting for him and sometimes land on the feeder before he can even hang it up!

Jacqui, I went back and read all I had missed from yesterday's thread.  I'm happy Jose didn't break his elbow and Marley is cancer free.  

I remember the picture of Oskar and thought it was a unique spelling for a cute little puppy.  And I agree about the sun dried tomato pesto. Looks like a keeper. 

7 hours ago, garlictown said:

😎Good Morning from Oahu. We decided to hop on over to Hawaii...✈ about 5 + hours ( photo of 3 happy people waiting at airport).

😉Yesterday, I saw the Ruby Princess in port and on the 23rd the Koningsdam will arrive here. 🛳 

Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists. 🙏Prayers to all in need.🙏

Katie

20220120_124928.jpg

Katie!  Have a great time. Tell your cohorts Aloha from me and Craig. 

6 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

A fancy feeder visitor today. Pileated woodpecker. 

3538 (1).jpeg

We have woodpeckers but they aren’t as colorful as yours. Ours are ugly and nasty. 

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

OMG!  I never once thought you were whining. I would have been much more than whiny, and I don’t think anyone wants to see a cranky whiny Sharon. 

5 hours ago, bobpatj said:

Hello from Ft Lauderdale!  We had an early morning flight from very cold CLE to nice and warm FLL.  I think I saw Nieuw Amsterdam from the air as we were landing.  We had our Covid tests yesterday afternoon, and can’t be sure if we’ll get our results before boarding time, tomorrow.  We’re staying close to the hotel, since we can get all our meals, here.  Sure hope to be boarding Rotterdam VII, tomorrow!

Pat

Pat & Bob — have a great time and Bon Voyage!

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@Seasick Sailor What printer did you get? I'm shopping for a new one and not sure what to get.

Vanessa we just recently got an 

HP Envy 6455e and it is working really well. I don’t know all the ins and outs but I like that it has an enclosed paper tray and is WiFi compatible. We had to get a new one in a rush in December when we were printing boarding passes and luggage tags!

2 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

A couple of pictures of the old log house.P1040261.thumb.JPG.d675a74e11254c888c41c60c8fe46807.JPGP1040267.thumb.JPG.e860192a048a4d8f609616759601f37a.JPGP1040271.thumb.JPG.8854dc81bfa0d451e5fb4427afd9531e.JPG

Beautiful, just beautiful!  I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could. 

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

I agree Lenda. The desert after a rain smells like nothing else. I think it’s the creosote. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, maybe it is my opportunity to be whiny. Except I have no one to blame but myself for forgetting to take my meds yesterday.

I have been suffering all day with my pains in my shoulders and arms.  Since taking the prednisone every day, the pains were manageable. Just forgetting for one day set me back more than I could imagine.  I had trouble sleeping last night due to the pain. Finally got up at 6 am. Had something to eat and took the meds thinking it would get me back on track.  No such thing.

Still in pain all day. God nothing done.  

I really hope this doesn’t screw up the blood work on Tuesday.

I am not a happy camper.  

Didn’t think missing my meds one day would do this to me.

Say a prayer. Please.

Terri

Terri, tomorrow is another day. Wait and see. I’m sure you will feel better soon. And you are not being whiny. 

• Like 12