Elites mini bar setup

tourismtessy

You can exchange like for like…10 alcohol for other alcohol; 10 non-alcohol for other non-alcohol.

You can exchange the entire minibar for 2 coffee programs, a limited number of bottles of wine ($40 max) or 😎 1.5 liter bottles of water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VibeGuy said:

Two Dos Equis 12 oz bottles

2 ea 50 mL bottles whiskey, Vodka, Gin, Cognac (most recently Dewars, Skyy, Beefeater, Hennessy, can vary)

2 ea Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water, Perrier, Still Water

Diet Coke isn't in the fridge anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. Last month the Cognac was Courvoisier

13 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

We had Diet Coke on four out of four B2Bs on Ruby in Dec

When boarding Majestic in October (LA) there were no DCs in our minibar because they were waiting for it to be delivered to the ship during turnaround day. After the ship was resupplied we received the 10 cans of DC.

On the Regal on 1/6, we got 2 Diet Cokes, 2 Sprite, 2 Lemon Tonic Water, 2 Dos Equis, 2 Bud Light and 4 mini bottles of Gin.  

On a side note, our Elite bathroom amenities were just 2 Face scrubbers.

I think there are still supply issues.

Still supply issues on my two cruises last year. On one, I received just beer and vodka for the alcoholic beverages. They also did not have Perrier available initially, but I was able to trade my sodas for it later in the cruise. On the other, they gave me 1-liter bottles of tonic water and club soda instead of two cans each of tonic water and sparkling water. 

Edited by geoherb

17 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

You can exchange like for like…10 alcohol for other alcohol; 10 non-alcohol for other non-alcohol.

You can exchange the entire minibar for 2 coffee programs, a limited number of bottles of wine ($40 max) or 😎 1.5 liter bottles of water.

I’m hoping they continue to allow the exchange for coffee cards.  We’d much prefer this!

15 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

We had Diet Coke on four out of four B2Bs on Ruby in Dec and Jan, but tonic was mysteriously absent on the first segment.  

my fave cognac substitution was when Remy XO made a brief appearance.  

Just like many other aspects of Princess Cruises there are inconsistencies. They don't detract from the cruise experience but it sometimes makes it harder to plan. I always bring one diet coke with me at embarkation to have with lunch because there hasn't been a diet in the mini bar for as long as I can remember. Later in the day I exchange my mini bar for 20 diet cokes. 

On the Majestic in October, they weren’t charging non-Plus passengers for espresso drinks at the International Cafe (too busy, I presume), so coffee cards might be a waste. I visit an Oxo minimart in Cabo or Mazatlan and get a 2L Coke Zero (sin azucar). So I might do a beer/diet sprite setup on Majestic today. Has anyone tried swapping for beers other than Dos Equis?

10 minutes ago, bren51 said:

We have never received whiskey in mini bar setup and we have been on 30 cruises with Princess.  Is this something new?  

Luck of the draw I guess. We had mini bar with and without.

Theo

1 hour ago, rj59 said:

On the Majestic in October, they weren’t charging non-Plus passengers for espresso drinks at the International Cafe (too busy, I presume), so coffee cards might be a waste. I visit an Oxo minimart in Cabo or Mazatlan and get a 2L Coke Zero (sin azucar). So I might do a beer/diet sprite setup on Majestic today. Has anyone tried swapping for beers other than Dos Equis?

We traded four gin for four Heineken on Majestic.

On the Sky in December we didn't receive any Vodka. I inquired about it and was told that they were out of the small bottles, but that if I wanted Vodka, they could provide it, but I would have to trade in 4 of the small bottles. I am a vodka girl, so it wasn't an issue to trade in my 3 gin and a cognac. The Absolute Vodka I received was 375ml.

• Like 1

On Emerald Princess in December, we were able to switch out for coffee cards for what seemed to be the usual mini-bar set-up. 

Then, on Enchanted Princess, also in December, there were no small (what I call airline-size) bottles of alcohol, but there was a 375 ml bottle of Jack Daniels plus the usual assortment of sodas and two bottles of water.  

There has DEFINITELY been an impact with supply issues.

35 minutes ago, mjmalino said:

On the Sky in December we didn't receive any Vodka. I inquired about it and was told that they were out of the small bottles, but that if I wanted Vodka, they could provide it, but I would have to trade in 4 of the small bottles. I am a vodka girl, so it wasn't an issue to trade in my 3 gin and a cognac. The Absolute Vodka I received was 375ml.

You made out. Traded 4 x 50ml = 200ml for 1 x 375ml.