The Daily for Wednesday 02/09/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for all the new photos of Waitangi!  Just beautiful as is everywhere in New Zealand.

And I have to agree with those who think your credit card fraud should be reported to the police.  That is a criminal who is working as an aide and as was mentioned, ripping off those most vulnerable.  If they aren't stopped then they are doing it again today to someone else.

I absolutely agree.

If the thief gets away with this he will do it again to someone else.

Maybe if he had been reported earlier by someone else Carol might not have had this theft happen to her.

Graham.

• Like 20

Please Carol @mamaofamibe sure to let the police know just in case something else happens. This person as a caregiver has all kinds of personal information, access to your home and phones and could do real damage by creating a fake identity. If not to you then maybe his next client. And if something were to happen you would already have it reported for insurance. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good evening dailyites! I was offline for a bit while we made a quick trip back up to Michigan for business. I managed to stop at the Total Wines in Grand Rapids and bought some wine that was mentioned last week - the Ruggeri 2020 Rosé Prosecco. Looking forward to drinking it!

I found it strange that I could find everything on my shopping list up there, between Meijer and FamilyFare, but can’t find ANY of those items here in West TN. 😡

I like everything about the days today, the wine, the saying, and the food! 

Quite exhausted by the long drive and then unpacking all the groceries. I am now relaxing with a glass of San Rocchettto Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico. Very nice sipping wine, with some Tuscan Crisp crackers that I found at Home Goods (LOVE that store!)

Glad to be home in the warmth. 

• Like 22

3 hours ago, Tbay said:

I lent a book to the owner of the wet book, and her dog chewed it.

I had to laugh at this one.  At one time Marley ate paper - when I thought he had stopped I made the mistake of leaving my address book and my roll call listing on the table.  They were completely demolished.  I think he used to like the sound of ripping paper - he grew out of it thankfully.

But, this was pre-ipad days and my Meet and Greet list and cabin numbers were on this piece of paper.  I scrolled through my emails as best I could and knew I was missing some so can you imagine the embarrassment when I posted on my roll call - “HELP - MY DOG ATE MY HOMEWORK”. Then I had to say I was serious and had to ask certain people to email.  My head was hanging in shame but most of the roll call was LOL.

And there were a few memes posted along with laughing about it.  Good thing I had a kind and humorous roll call 😉 

12 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Please Carol @mamaofamibe sure to let the police know just in case something else happens. This person as a caregiver has all kinds of personal information, access to your home and phones and could do real damage by creating a fake identity. If not to you then maybe his next client. And if something were to happen you would already have it reported for insurance. 

I so agree with you.  Identity threat is scary.  Definitely please follow the advice and notify the police.  If they can’t do anything so be it - but make the call and the report, please.

• Like 23
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Some happy news today.  No cancer in Dad’s bone scan.  Thank you for your prayers.  💐

That  is  wonderful  news indeed

Jim.

• Like 12

Thanks for all the daily news, recipes, humour and photos.

We have visited Waitangi several times by ship, also on land visits, have stayed in Paihia for a few days a couple of times.  @Vict0rianndriving on Ninety Mile beach is no longer permitted.

@garlictown   October wll be springtime here in NZ.

@ger_77 hope that your new mattress will be satisfactory. 

@*Miss G* good news that the Bone Scan is clear.

@smitty34877good that Tana is gradually improving.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, kazu said:

I had to laugh at this one.  At one time Marley ate paper - when I thought he had stopped I made the mistake of leaving my address book and my roll call listing on the table.  They were completely demolished.  I think he used to like the sound of ripping paper - he grew out of it thankfully.

But, this was pre-ipad days and my Meet and Greet list and cabin numbers were on this piece of paper.  I scrolled through my emails as best I could and knew I was missing some so can you imagine the embarrassment when I posted on my roll call - “HELP - MY DOG ATE MY HOMEWORK”. Then I had to say I was serious and had to ask certain people to email.  My head was hanging in shame but most of the roll call was LOL.

And there were a few memes posted along with laughing about it.  Good thing I had a kind and humorous roll call 😉 

Blue used to tear up paper, but at least he didn’t eat it. He never tore up something as important as your roll call and Meet & Greet lists but he did tear up a recipe for mussels that a kind server wrote down for me when we were on PEI. I still have the tiny pieces in a baggie. 😉

7B81A1F7-BBC6-4969-85F6-3C602DC5EDCE.thumb.jpeg.97e75a7eb1695f3e4caa80886d9ac8b2.jpeg

5A6BA111-BA6A-4D5E-B0DC-74D6060F844B.thumb.jpeg.602a70b5a4a45843888e57e363c96fe2.jpeg

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Some happy news today.  No cancer in Dad’s bone scan.  Thank you for your prayers.  💐

Such great news!

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

After sis and her DH got home from work today, we drove from Jacksonville to Orlando (stopping at Cracker Barrel for dinner) and are staying at Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa for a couple nights. Tomorrow we are going to see (wild) manatees in a canal (they come when it’s cold) and then going to Disney Springs. 

Having a great time with mom, sis, and sis and her DH. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Blue used to tear up paper, but at least he didn’t eat it. He never tore up something as important as your roll call and Meet & Greet lists but he did tear up a recipe for mussels that a kind server wrote down for me when we were on PEI. I still have the tiny pieces in a baggie. 😉

7B81A1F7-BBC6-4969-85F6-3C602DC5EDCE.thumb.jpeg.97e75a7eb1695f3e4caa80886d9ac8b2.jpeg

5A6BA111-BA6A-4D5E-B0DC-74D6060F844B.thumb.jpeg.602a70b5a4a45843888e57e363c96fe2.jpeg

Loving these pictures.   My sister's dog, Critter, eats paper, paper towels, toilet paper, kleenex, you get the picture.  Everything has to be put up out of his reach.  He also likes to sing with us.  We sit on the couch with him in the middle and sing a song and  he howls along.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 9