Gender and Title???

tlbutler33

That's bizarre.

I have never had an issue on any cruise line with requesting one bed even though we are a male couple. There were 1,500 LGBTQ+ passengers on the Millennium on a charter in January and I am not aware of anyone having such and issue. I suspect there is a weird bug in their system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, tlbutler33 said:

So when I try to put our beds together online, I get this error. Celebrity better be mindful how this can be interpretted.

I've seen this before. It had nothing to do with the bed configuration. Check the guest profiles. Somebody may be listed as Mrs. but chose Male for gender or something along those lines.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

That's bizarre.

I have never had an issue on any cruise line with requesting one bed even though we are a male couple. There were 1,500 LGBTQ+ passengers on the Millennium on a charter in January and I am not aware of anyone having such and issue. I suspect there is a weird bug in their system.

I don't think the error is saying 2 men or 2 women is an "error", it is saying someone said, for example, "woman" but gave a title of "Mr."

Yes, I know it shouldn't work that way...not trying to start anything here...just trying to explain the error.

I also was getting that error, and I never could figure out what in my profile was causing it. I couldn't find a conflict. 

In any case, your room attendant can fix beds however you want them. 

I only remember our bed being separated once. My parents have had to ask many times that they want their beds separate. Room attendant make the changes while we were off at lunch.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

2 hours ago, tlbutler33 said:

So when I try to put our beds together online, I get this error. Celebrity better be mindful how this can be interpretted.

image.png.2904472abbbee2a02b53b341827efb5f.png

It has NOTHING to do with same sex couples in one bed. NOTHING 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Never had a problem as a Gay couple.   The normal is the beds are together and it will be that way unless you specifically request singles.   Even then I understand they are in a double configuration when guests arrive and the Stateroom Attendant separate them during turn down service on first night.

No real need to do it in advance just ask you attendant. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Never had a problem as a Gay couple.   The normal is the beds are together and it will be that way unless you specifically request singles. 

IIRC, you two would be better separate with an anechoic barrier between them.  Oh ... I forgot.  Iain is sure he doesn't snore, right? 😁

Obtained a set of your nighttime sound solution last week.  Still working with them but promising so far.  Thanks once again for some useful advice.

Also two males, but we've found that the beds are almost always together when we arrive despite pre-cruise request for separate.  The attendant changes it that first day to whichever way it needs to be.  Has happened that way every time on HAL as well.  Wonders of modern technology...

5 hours ago, tlbutler33 said:

image.png.2904472abbbee2a02b53b341827efb5f.png

The error message is exactly what it says: Title and Gender don't match

If you select Mr. then you have to select Male

If you select Mrs. then you have to select Female

It is a simple as that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

The error message is exactly what it says: Title and Gender don't match

If you select Mr. then you have to select Male

If you select Mrs. then you have to select Female

It is a simple as that.

In this day and age I’m not sure that is an accurate assumption either….

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

In this day and age I’m not sure that is an accurate assumption either….

I think you can opt to have no title too. Most businesses online seem to have that now when you check out. Haven't registered for a Celebrity cruise in over 3 years so can't remember if they do.

frankly I do not even understand why they ask for gender or title.

ANYONE on the reservation should be able to dictate the wishes for bed configuration.

period.  sometimes computer programs are silly.

Like when I ask to be picked up for a shuttle, why do they need the time of arrival at home airport.

All they need is the time your flight leaves say like from Orlando if you are at a theme park.

Just so stupid and overkill with information

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

ANYONE on the reservation should be able to dictate the wishes for bed configuration.

Like when I ask to be picked up for a shuttle, why do they need the time of arrival at home airport.

All they need is the time your flight leaves say like from Orlando if you are at a theme park.

The gender/title issue is not about bed preferences.  You indicate those preferences on the screen where you fill out a bunch of other stuff, and the program is telling you that there is a mismatch in information elsewhere in your registration.  I agree that gendered titles are a bit passé at all (why does the company even need that info?), but one doesn't have to do with the other.  It's just bad design and programming, really.  Nothing new to X's website.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:08 AM, canderson said:

IIRC, you two would be better separate with an anechoic barrier between them.  Oh ... I forgot.  Iain is sure he doesn't snore, right? 😁

Obtained a set of your nighttime sound solution last week.  Still working with them but promising so far.  Thanks once again for some useful advice.

I wish he didn't snore but I got those super duper Bose Sleep Buds.   I use them often at home as well as when cruising.

I recently purchased a set of Apple AirPod Pros.   I've yet to try them at night but absolutely love their ANC.   Someone recommended them for sleep and I will have to get some white noise and see how they work. 

On 2/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, WonderMan3 said:

Never had this issue but have had us show up a few times with the beds separated we are guessing because they saw two men listed for the room and made assumptions…

We have never had our separated on Celebrity but often at Hotels, the desk receptionist simply say I noticed the reservation is for one King is that OK.  

We were chuckling on our last cruise because about the only Junk Mail we now receive on our door is from Park West and they always addressed me as Mrs.    Right into the bin they went.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2022 at 2:58 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

Gender is for security purposes. Even if it seems like it's getting outmoded, many authorities still require listing it on the passenger manifest. 

Asking for title is a matter of courtesy and an acknowledgement that they cannot read your mind. 

6 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Gender is for security purposes. Even if it seems like it's getting outmoded, many authorities still require listing it on the passenger manifest. 

Asking for title is a matter of courtesy and an acknowledgement that they cannot read your mind. 

Some who have had a doctoral dissertation accepted are especially 'particular' in this regard 😒

• Haha 2

On 2/11/2022 at 3:58 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

Simple...if you're not at your pick up location, they can track your flight number to see if your flight was delayed or cancelled.

This has nothing to do with gender.  It has everything to do with ID of people (as males and females) in the case of an emergency.

If there is a mismatch, your ID won't match up with your Passport info, which is probably the case here.