What time is lunch served in Luminae on Boarding Day?

Cruise a holic

Pretty much when you get on board, I would guess noon to 2:30 or so. Try the burger, one of the best you will have. Also if you on too early, just go to retreat lounge.  Prior to eating you can go to your room, drop off carry on and picK up room keys. Really easy.

• Like 1

In our experience Luminae is fairly quiet until about 12.45 then suddenly fills up. As there are often several guests on board unfamiliar with the menu (and the drinks package) service can slow somewhat.
We tend to aim to board early, collect cards, champagne in the Retreat and be seated in Luminae at 12.30. We usually skip hotel breakfast so we have room for the burger (it really is good) and skip dessert so we can enjoy our first dinner on board!

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chemmo said:

In our experience Luminae is fairly quiet until about 12.45 then suddenly fills up. As there are often several guests on board unfamiliar with the menu (and the drinks package) service can slow somewhat.
We tend to aim to board early, collect cards, champagne in the Retreat and be seated in Luminae at 12.30. We usually skip hotel breakfast so we have room for the burger (it really is good) and skip dessert so we can enjoy our first dinner on board!

Pretty much what we do.

3 minutes ago, 39august said:

The time can vary. Equinox in Sept.  was 11:30 to 1:00 or 1:30, not sure. About the lobster roll, I always just ask for lobster salad, no roll. You get more lobster that way. 

Darn - there you go giving away secrets again.    Love the lobster salad.  

@39august  Yes, there are something that should go unsaid 🙂   

We moved to this area from Hawaii, where we were living when I retired from the Navy, in 1996.  Moved to Ashburn in 1999 and then to our current location in 2017.  I prefer the suburbs / rural areas.

Edited by DaKahuna

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Our App for Silhouette is showing 11:30 to 2:00 on boarding day.

That's what my App is showing for Silhouette for April 8 TransAtlantic.   

I think it has always been open when we drop our things at the room and go down to lunch.

46 minutes ago, 39august said:

The time can vary. Equinox in Sept.  was 11:30 to 1:00 or 1:30, not sure. About the lobster roll, I always just ask for lobster salad, no roll. You get more lobster that way. 

Yeah the Luminae lobster roll is so skimpy on the lobster that it is more of a light appetizer.  Need to order two!  Or next time I will order the lobster salad with a roll on the side.😀

Does anyone have an up to date Luminae menu?  I want to book Murano when I cannot find anything on the Luminae menu that I like.  I think there was only one night that I did not enjoy last time.  Luminae is spectacular and one of the the reasons why we book a suite.

2 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Does anyone have an up to date Luminae menu?  I want to book Murano when I cannot find anything on the Luminae menu that I like.  I think there was only one night that I did not enjoy last time.  Luminae is spectacular and one of the the reasons why we book a suite.

Look in the App. The menu is available based on day of the cruise.