Anthem - Still issuing wrist bands for vaccinated?

cruz_happy

6 minutes ago, cruz_happy said:

Can someone tell if Anthem is still issuing/requiring wrist bands for vaccinated guests?  If they are, can you please tell me what color the wrist bands are or do they vary by deck or otherwise?  Thank you in advance.

They change week to week. 

9 minutes ago, cruz_happy said:

Can someone tell if Anthem is still issuing/requiring wrist bands for vaccinated guests?  If they are, can you please tell me what color the wrist bands are or do they vary by deck or otherwise?  Thank you in advance.

With the changes to masking, etc effective on Feb 25, no one knows what will happen after then.

The wristband colors have nothing to do with deck #.  We had green one week on our b2b and white on the next and everyone had the same for each cruise.

BTW, what difference does it make?  Why do you care what color?

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

We had white, blue, green and white again. Last year. 
Now bracelets are slightly different. We had all plastic, but last time majority of people had cloth 

6B599E28-80A7-4486-8ED1-CB25B0067E7D.jpeg

49AD3229-0B02-4D48-A568-DEA8203286F1.jpeg

I hate the cloth ones. Luckily we saved our blue and purple rubber ones and we will wear those instead. Unfortunately we never received a white or green rubber one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruz_happy said:

Yes, fleetwide.  My last 2 cruises on Mariner and Allure they were both white.  

10 hours ago, BND said:

With the changes to masking, etc effective on Feb 25, no one knows what will happen after then.

The wristband colors have nothing to do with deck #.  We had green one week on our b2b and white on the next and everyone had the same for each cruise.

BTW, what difference does it make?  Why do you care what color?

Since you asked, I want to bring my tool to put snaps on the wristbands if they are cloth, paper or coated plastic (not the rubberized kind).  I'd prefer to match the color (or blend) so the snaps don't stick out; this way, I have a sense of which color snaps to bring.  (I have a lot of colors to choose from.)  I prefer to have easy removal of these if required to wear them around the ship. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruz_happy said:

Since you asked, I want to bring my tool to put snaps on the wristbands if they are cloth, paper or coated plastic (not the rubberized kind).  I'd prefer to match the color (or blend) so the snaps don't stick out; this way, I have a sense of which color snaps to bring.  (I have a lot of colors to choose from.)  I prefer to have easy removal of these if required to wear them around the ship. 

You can also just not pull them tight around your wrist so that you can slip them on and off easily.  If they end up too tight and are uncomfortable guest services will give you another one. And with our two recent cruises they were a synthetic cloth band.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I hate the cloth ones. Luckily we saved our blue and purple rubber ones and we will wear those instead.

16 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Pretty sure they would want you to wear the ones they issue.  

I would hope they will not allow anyone to wear whatever wristband they feel like wearing. The color means that you have met all of the health protocols and testing for that specific cruise.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You can also just not pull them tight around your wrist so that you can slip them on and off easily.  If they end up too tight and are uncomfortable guest services will give you another one. And with our two recent cruises they were a synthetic cloth band.

That's what we did both weeks on our b2b.  Easy to do and easy to remove that way.  Don't have to overthink it.

31 minutes ago, cruz_happy said:

Wow, can you do mine too pleeeeese😁😁

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have had the cloth bands and a small pair of scissors to cut the dangling part off otherwise it gets in the way when eating, etc.         

Just to be clear to the OP,  the wrist bans used for vaccination purposes in our experience have all been the cloth type.  Have not seen rubber or any other type used for this specific purpose.

And your suggestion of cutting off the excess band portion is a good one as that is the more annoying part of wearing them.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just to be clear to the OP,  the wrist bans used for vaccination purposes in our experience have all been the cloth type.  Have not seen rubber or any other type used for this specific purpose.

And your suggestion of cutting off the excess band portion is a good one as that is the more annoying part of wearing them.  

We had the rubber ones on the Oasis in September and the cloth ones on Symphony in November. The SotS was a b2b and we got a different color for the 2nd half,  We did trim off the dangling ends of the cloth ones to prevent dangling chads while eating.

Edited by PigsCanFly
typo

17 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

We had the rubber ones on the Oasis in September and the cloth ones on Symphony in November. The SotS was a b2b and we got a different color for the 2nd half,  We did trim off the dangling ends of the cloth ones to prevent dangling chads while eating.

Interesting.  Our first cruise with the return to cruising was also Oasis, but early October (4th Oasis return itinerary) and cloth was in use then - and subsequently in December on Allure.  So I guess maybe the rubber ones were short lived.

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Interesting.  Our first cruise with the return to cruising was also Oasis, but early October (4th Oasis return itinerary) and cloth was in use then - and subsequently in December on Allure.  So I guess maybe the rubber ones were short lived.

We got off Oasis on Oct 3rd.  I still use the rubber 'TheROYALComeback' band on my drink cup at home for the grip.