My call is very important to them 🤣

RickT

just taking a moment to vent about a “first world problem” while on hold (90 minutes and counting).

The start of the call held great promise when a Celebrity Rep answered the phone within 5 minutes.  She unfortunately explained that my request (looking to upgrade beverage package) would need to be transferred to the Enhancement Dept.  She assured me the hold would only be 3-5 minutes……lol

I realize Celebrity is experiencing staffing issues but it boggles the mind that in this day and age their website isn’t capable of allowing me to upgrade (perhaps it’s due to the 10% Elite discount) nor do they offer a call back option.  To further aggravate me the discount is only available pre-cruise. 

For those of you that will suggest I try calling at a different day/time please note that I have…. Usually giving up after 30 minutes.   Oh well, in the time I’ve been on hold I’ve made lunch, cleaned the dishes, cleaned my bathroom and got caught up on the world news (thoughts and prayers to the people of Ukraine 🇺🇦).

Perhaps I should now start binge watching something on Netflix?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RickT said:

just taking a moment to vent about a “first world problem” while on hold (90 minutes and counting).

The start of the call held great promise when a Celebrity Rep answered the phone within 5 minutes.  She unfortunately explained that my request (looking to upgrade beverage package) would need to be transferred to the Enhancement Dept.  She assured me the hold would only be 3-5 minutes……lol

I realize Celebrity is experiencing staffing issues but it boggles the mind that in this day and age their website isn’t capable of allowing me to upgrade (perhaps it’s due to the 10% Elite discount) nor do they offer a call back option.  To further aggravate me the discount is only available pre-cruise. 

For those of you that will suggest I try calling at a different day/time please note that I have…. Usually giving up after 30 minutes.   Oh well, in the time I’ve been on hold I’ve made lunch, cleaned the dishes, cleaned my bathroom and got caught up on the world news (thoughts and prayers to the people of Ukraine 🇺🇦).

It’s easy to do on board…

• Like 1

I made a call for the same reason last weekend and after being transferred 3 times and while waiting about an hour, I was told that dept was closed and to call back on a weekday. 
Others have said you can make the upgrade on-line after logging into the website. I couldn’t find the option to upgrade and I want my 10% discount.  So I guess, I will call in next week - maybe early in the morning?

4 minutes ago, blueboro said:

Was on 2 hours and 15 minutes to get the 10% elite discount 

I applaud your patience…. I’ve run out of patience and called it quits at the 2 hour mark.  

Edited by RickT

For a 7 night cruise the upgrade costs $84.  To me, the aggravation of being on hold, not getting the correct department, etc. etc. for what I'm reading could be more than 2 hours is not worth the $8.40 savings.  it's not worth $8.40 to me to be on hold for such a long amount   My time  and blood pressure level is worth way more than $8.40.  But that's just me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, RickT said:

The best Celebrity "on hold" binge show on Netflix is Stargate SG1. Over 200 hours of quality TV!

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Odd- I called in and the rep answering the phone upgraded my drink package and my friend from classic to upgraded non-etoh with no forwarding me to another wait line. Didn’t know how blessed I was. 

There are several numbers to reach Celebrity. I find 1-800-647-2251 usually gets me through most quickly. Not quickly, but better. 

1 hour ago, RickT said:

I applaud your patience…. I’ve run out of patience and called it quits at the 2 hour mark.  

You must call back......you can't let them win.......don't give up........don't ever give up...........🤪

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Haha 1

Celebrity is suffering from the same ills as other parts of our country due to lack of workers. I just traveled twice in the last three months from Pa to Florida and dealt with closed Dunkin Donuts at 3 in the afternoon on Saturdays. Many other closures and delays due to lack of workers.  Going to be awhile before this stops.

• Like 1

Celebrity sent me an e-mail letting me know that I could upgrade my wifi and get 30% off for being Elite--but only if I called. I called the number on the e-mail and was on hold (true story: I was also on hold with Truist {bank} at the same time [one cell, one landline]). I had the phone(s) on speaker and did some housework while I waited. I gave up on Celebrity after 2 hours.

I called again last night, was on hold for maybe 40 minutes, got a guy who sounded like he was in an empty submarine, was transferred to a guy who must have been in a library because he was whispering, and spent a torturous additional 35 minutes waiting for him to figure out how to do the upgrade with the discount. He kept putting me on hold and I was sure that I would get disconnected.

I get shortages -- but wow, it was not a pleasant experience to respond to an e-mail offer Celebrity sent in the first place to use a discount that I've "earned."

(And Truist wasn't much better. Got a person who hung up on me after an hour, called back, waited another hour, got someone else who insisted that she couldn't do what I asked her to do because she needed Mr. DHD [not his real name]. Sigh.)

Edited by hrhdhd

22 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Odd- I called in and the rep answering the phone upgraded my drink package and my friend from classic to upgraded non-etoh with no forwarding me to another wait line. Didn’t know how blessed I was. 

There are several numbers to reach Celebrity. I find 1-800-647-2251 usually gets me through most quickly. Not quickly, but better. 

This is the same experience that I have had.  Maybe if the rep can't do the upgrade, a better approach would be to ask for the supervisor.  I'll bet the supervisor can do it and maybe even educate the rep for the next guy.

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Would the Celebrity Engagement Center e mail be able to do this for you, I wonder? Or perhaps leave a phone message asking for them to do this?

I emailed them earlier in the week after my previous failed attempts to call and purchase the upgrade. It took a couple of days for them to “Thank me for my email”. Their response included the following:

We will be reaching out to you in 12-15 business days to address your request. If you have an urgent matter and need assistance right away, please don't hesitate to contact our Engagement Center at, U.S. and CAN: 844-418-6824 or outside of the U.S. and Canada: 1-316-554-5961.

At least they are consistent 😋

I spent an hour and 15 minutes on hold trying to book a shore excursion (the departure time offered online conflicted with the schedule for being in port). Finally, gave up.

The worst part of any customer service on hold experience is constantly being chastised that I should be doing this online. If I could have, I certainly would have.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1