CIVITAVECCHIA TO ROME

sarellen8385

Yes, they do offer a transfer but we’ve always booked with Rome in Limo.  Very reputable driver service.  We booked online and prepaid.  Driver was there waiting with a sign exactly at the right time.

• Like 2

We did Uber both to/from the port and the airport.  We had excellent experience using Uber throughout our stay in Rome.  Every car was either a Mercedes or BMW.  The difference between regular Uber and UberX was the age of the car.  UberX cars were either current or prior year.  

We didn't go from port to Rome, but the other way around, from our hotel in Rome to the ship in Civitaveccia.  We used RomeCabs.  Cost was 130 Euros for us with a lot of baggage.  Very nice vehicle, great driver.  Excellent service.  

4 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, they do offer a transfer but we’ve always booked with Rome in Limo.  Very reputable driver service.  We booked online and prepaid.  Driver was there waiting with a sign exactly at the right time.

We have also used Rome in Limo -really good. With luck you'll find some people on your roll call who also want a transfer and you can reduce the cost.

Cannot recommend the train. We did it once and the train is not set up for luggage storage. As we got closer to Rome the poor locals were getting on the train and having to climb over luggage to move around. We started off placing our luggage on the seats however as the train got full we removed them but then blocked the passageways. Take a private transfer if you can.

• Like 2

In 2019, I took Princess post cruise excursion that had tourist stops in Rome with a drop off at the train then the airport.  I had the Hilton hotel attached to the airport for the night with a flight the next morning.

We have taken the train-quite a neat experience, but definitely a little challenging for us westerners who aren't used to  train travel--or speak Italian..  We walked, with our luggage to the station--quite a few stairs, both getting to the ticket office and then to our train.

The train was crowded and we had to leave our luggage in the section between trains and had to stand for a while--later we managed to get seats close enough that we could watch our luggage.

It was very cheap and I'd do it again if I thought we could do it now--a lot of difference between 66 and 76!  After arriving at Termini we had quite a long walk to our B&B.  Perhaps we were crazy, but spent three days there and walked everywhere, no taxis.  It was a wonderful experience.

We have also used Bob's Limo for transfers from the ship to the airport--once shared, once not.  I know they also go to Rome, and were very good.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

32 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Wherever we are in the world, we always book transportation with Blacklane.  A great company based in Germany.  Their app and web based site is very easy to use.

outstanding service 👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We have taken the train-quite a neat experience, but definitely a little challenging for us westerners who aren't used to  train travel--or speak Italian.. 

OMG, on our very first cruise when we were in the port for Florence (Liverno), I got us on the train going the WRONG way. As you said, the signs are in Italian. DW figured it out and we did get back and at least saw Pisa, but not Florence. That cruise was for our 25th anniversary, and I was truly worried that my art teacher DW was then going to ditch me. (Luckily, she loves me, and still does almost 20 years later.😊)

Ten years later we did a similar cruise and we made sure we got to Florence by taking a ship's Florence on Your Own excursion.