What do you wish Celebrity would do that other cruise lines do?

Vagabond Knight

1 minute ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Holland America has the best laundry solution for a mainstream brand barring self-serve facilities - unlimited laundry for $7/room/day for the length of your voyage ($9/day in certain regions).  Laundry comes back beautifully laundered/pressed/folded either in a hanging garment bag or in a wicker basket wrapped in tissue with a gold HAL foil seal

That seems very fair to me...

Coffee

Cafe al Bacio's coffee is better than room service or what you can get in the OV Cafe. Since our cabins have most often been midship and a quick elevator ride away, DH, who rises before me, would bring me coffee from there! But on last September's Alaska cruise, the time difference had me rising early enough to join him at a window table at C.a.B. I found this a very relaxing way to begin the day before heading for breakfast.

Initially the idea of a Nespresso or Kuerig in the cabin as others have suggested was appealing. But it is a minor inconvenience to brew a cup, kinda like making coffee in a hotel room....

5 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

This one confuses me.  Been on 60+ Celebrity cruises and have gone to several shows on each and have never, ever waited in line.  

Hi

Just asked my wife who goes to the theatre for the 21:00 show,,whilst I have a quick one in the Passport Bar.

She informs me she queues up at 20:45 every night before they open the doors at 21:00.

Maybe you turn up at 21:01 after those queueing have gone in and got their favourite seats.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Coffee

Cafe al Bacio's coffee is better than room service or what you can get in the OV Cafe. Since our cabins have most often been midship and a quick elevator ride away, DH, who rises before me, would bring me coffee from there! But on last September's Alaska cruise, the time difference had me rising early enough to join him at a window table at C.a.B. I found this a very relaxing way to begin the day before heading for breakfast.

Initially the idea of a Nespresso or Kuerig in the cabin as others have suggested was appealing. But it is a minor inconvenience to brew a cup, kinda like making coffee in a hotel room....

You trained him well.  Congrats.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Imagine the normal guests using them..I've been in enough public laundromats back in the day to say no thanks..as someone else on this thread said, doing laundry is not luxury cruising.  

Hi

Tell the Queens Grill passenger on Cunard as he presses his dress shirt,tux and bow tie he is not travelling luxury.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Luxury brands do have self service laundries.   It is certainly up to you whether you utilize them.

The machines and soap are provided without extra cost.   Seabourn, in addition to irons, also has a professional steamer you can use on your wrinkled clothes.   Of course if you have any status on the line you get a free laundry bag each week per person.   The laundry is returned folded in a basket or pressed on hangers.

25 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

There is No bonus having self-laundry and adding irons is another big negative! Ohh, I’m sooooo opinionated!  

Den 

Exactly, that is what the ships laundry service is for.  I don't need to save less than a hundred bucks for a cruise I spent thousands on to relax, eat, drink, relax, eat, drink...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Isn't that what the butler is for .......

Hi

In Queens Grill….

Your Butler or Assistant Butler will arrange for any laundry and/or ironing that needs doing, as often as you request, but will not do it themselves, and it will be charged to your on-board account.

Some people like to do their own laundry,don’t trust the ships to do a good job with expensive clothes.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

29 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Imagine the normal guests using them..I've been in enough public laundromats back in the day to say no thanks..as someone else on this thread said, doing laundry is not luxury cruising.  

If I wanted to do laundry, I could just stay home and do that.  Public laundromat--ugh!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

If I wanted to do laundry, I could just stay home and do that.  Public laundromat--ugh!

Hi.

You can file that one with the one when someone says to the Captain’whose driving the ship?’

Next one will be I don’t dine with the Captain I’m not paying all that money to eat with the crew.

The old ones are the best…as they say.😁

11 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

also, what is an iron and ironing board??

Hi

You should ask that of some of the ones on board whose clothes have definitely never seen an iron,if they know what an iron is..they let down the idea of a luxury cruise line.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
  • Haha 1

I just pictured what some are thinking a Celebrity cruise should be like: 

- i get up and make my own instant coffee…I haven’t drank that stuff since I left home where my mom drank that because that’s all they had during WWII….that and Spam! Which I think of together!

- go to the laundromat and wash my clothes

- break out the iron and ironing board and go to it. 
- not have to stand in a line into the theater that I’ve never had to on 26 prior X cruises. 

sounds all quite exciting…….I’ll Not show this to my wife. I once suggested we rent an RV and go zipping around on vacation. Her response was “so take the kitchen to use, dirty bathroom, unmade beds and a stack of laundry to do…..whose on vacation? ‘. My response? ‘Yes Dear’. 

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Agree, I don't see the issue, coffee is available from room service..

Not a fan either, I already spend enough time packing away all the doodads & brochures, in order to achieve a clean, minimalistic look while we call the ship home.... where am I going shove a smelly Nespresso machine (mine at home doesn't smell, but our office one does, as they need descaling every few months)

52 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Holland America has the best laundry solution for a mainstream brand barring self-serve facilities - unlimited laundry for $7/room/day for the length of your voyage ($9/day in certain regions).  Laundry comes back beautifully laundered/pressed/folded either in a hanging garment bag or in a wicker basket wrapped in tissue with a gold HAL foil seal

With X's current laundry pricing $7 will get you a shirt washed next day, 50% surcharge if you want it same day.  This is from a Feb 17th 2022 sailing

image.thumb.png.6911b89e3a173b222eed984108d2f830.png

15 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

You should ask that of some of the ones on board whose clothes have definitely never seen an iron,if they know what an iron is..they let down the idea of a luxury cruise line.

someone else's appearance means zero to me, I do me, and let others do them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

For most once you get to 10+ nights or B2Bs you don't really have a choice. 

Most I have done is 12 night, no issues so far…in the Southern Caribbean, so that helped..not as dressy, easy to wash out bathing suits etc every now and then in the sink..

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Just asked my wife who goes to the theatre for the 21:00 show,,whilst I have a quick one in the Passport Bar.

She informs me she queues up at 20:45 every night before they open the doors at 21:00.

Maybe you turn up at 21:01 after those queueing have gone in and got their favourite seats.

In recent times I go to the early show.  I always enter 5-15 minutes prior to showtime and have never, ever had to wait.  In past years when we traveled with family we ate early and went to the later show.  Don't remember ever having to wait in line, but times may have changed.

17 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

In recent times I go to the early show.  I always enter 5-15 minutes prior to showtime and have never, ever had to wait.  In past years when we traveled with family we ate early and went to the later show.  Don't remember ever having to wait in line, but times may have changed.

Hi

We have never done early show,,,maybe the late show is more popular.

Hi

“I was so excited to see that my Celebrity suite comes with an electric tea kettle! It’ll be nice to be able to get up early and make myself a cup of tea to sip on the veranda while Mini Me is still sleeping.”

A quote from Gen X latest review.

A kettle.coffee/tea in her luxury suite on a luxury cruise line.

And she loves it,,,,,,good on yer girl😁😜

And a photo,doesn’t that look good!!

820E3119-A770-492C-9CA6-54838D335A9F.jpeg.2039175c4994e14a099dc30c0735119a.jpeg

7 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

Better selections on TV. Not really interested in European football or cricket and wouldn't mind seeing a baseball game and  American ESPN  instead.

Good suggestion!

• Thanks 1