Allure “LIVE” 3/5-3/13 - The allure of the Allure

We waited as long as we could to get off the ship. Since this was the coldest port stop we had, I thought about staying aboard. 

DEB37E7C-2430-4CA2-8B57-54E1A5047A3E.thumb.jpeg.a585ae1b36d93f17f95915bfa34aa4cd.jpeg

But they made final call, so we had to go.  

Now, we are at our hotel, getting some laundry done before we head out for lunch. 

• Like 4

Final thoughts on Allure.

We really enjoyed the return to normalcy on this cruise.  No masks required.  Sharing table for dinner.  Gathering in groups for the games and shows.

Thanks for following along on our sailing.  In 60 days, we fly back to FLL, and board the Allure again for an 8 day Southern.  

Till next time.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We really enjoyed the return to normalcy on this cruise.  No masks required.  Sharing table for dinner.  Gathering in groups for the games and shows.

Thanks for following along on our sailing.  In 60 days, we fly back to FLL, and board the Allure again for an 8 day Southern.  

Till next time.  

Thanks for taking us along. I'll be back aboard the end of next month.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks for taking us along. I'll be back aboard the end of next month.

I will be looking forward to your return to Allure. Look up Hugh in the pub.  He was my go to guy for Boston Ice Tea and for Painkillers.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That left returning towels (didn’t want a $25 towel fee assessed), and packing.  

It seems they repeat night 1 menus on these 8 night sailings, so my go to was

escargot 

3A8B8EA5-DD06-407D-ABCD-921F94A921DA.thumb.jpeg.c6e2d3ea9ea32cc32ede6942afa7092f.jpeg

prime rib

DB9724B0-C6FB-4AD2-900D-BADE885664F5.thumb.jpeg.9620f428ffca4482cc3fa0b0d029719b.jpeg

and apple blossom 

A3BE31CE-07B7-4BA7-BA40-0C57B883B19E.thumb.jpeg.1e1f2108b1be4f0b6c717b7727e53dff.jpeg

Hope the menu repeats like that in August

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:Thanks for following along on our sailing.  In 60 days, we fly back to FLL, and board the Allure again for an 8 day Southern.  

Till next time.  

Thank you for taking us all along!  Can’t wait to see your Southern posting. We’re booked for an Allure Southern later in the year. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

Thank you for taking us all along!  Can’t wait to see your Southern posting. We’re booked for an Allure Southern later in the year. 

I like the 8 day southern itinerary.  It is essentially the same as the one we did on Odyssey in October.  I must admit, I put a little bit more time in that review.  

This one was a last minute decision to post one.  

You will enjoy it. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I like the 8 day southern itinerary.  It is essentially the same as the one we did on Odyssey in October.  I must admit, I put a little bit more time in that review.  

This one was a last minute decision to post one.  

You will enjoy it. 

Thanks for posting the link; I need to revisit that one. 55 days till we board Odyssey!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Till next time.  

Thanks for sharing your journey!  We board the Allure on April 2nd for a virgin islands cruise.  Ports have changed a bit, no St. Thomas for us, but good to hear things are more open and active on the Allure!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Great job Mark! I loved your review. So happy you and Susan had a great time and are seeing cruising get back to normal. Hope you do another when you are on Allure. 

Cheers,

Greg

Will have to see if I do one then.  Maybe I will see if @Lionesss  (Sue) wants to do a combined one.  

• Like 3

Now I will get to see how good the travel insurance is.  They cracked one of our hard side cases between the cabin and the terminal. 

EF25DB86-71A5-48A9-804B-45A42712C81C.thumb.jpeg.5cae5412ed35a1674618229c362bdda1.jpeg

Claim filed and waiting on a response.  I may need some duct tape before we fly home.  

Susan is already online shopping for new bags. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Will have to see if I do one then.  Maybe I will see if @Lionesss  (Sue) wants to do a combined one.  

Good Idea or just relax and post a few pics to Dani’s thread.

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Now I will get to see how good the travel insurance is.  

I will interested in what they say. What travel insurance company do you use?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I will interested in what they say. What travel insurance company do you use?

Since we booked this last minute, direct with Royal, I just added on their policy.  I usually get one through Insure my trip, but thought this would be the easiest this time.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Now I will get to see how good the travel insurance is.  They cracked one of our hard side cases between the cabin and the terminal. 

EF25DB86-71A5-48A9-804B-45A42712C81C.thumb.jpeg.5cae5412ed35a1674618229c362bdda1.jpeg

Claim filed and waiting on a response.  I may need some duct tape before we fly home.  

Away luggage has been great for us. Casts a little, but they have a lifetime warranty and they stand behind it; I can tell you from

personal experience. We had a bag damaged in flight, filled out their online form, within a week, a new bag was on the front porch, pit the old bag in the new box, and fed ex picked it up. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This happened to us on a cruise a few years ago, but the night before we left. We were running around the shops on board trying to find tape at 10:45pm. MrCatLady is no longer judgy of me carrying duct tape in my purse now. I hope you are able to get reimbursed.

We board 4 weeks from today!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Lionesss, I checked with the DL concierge, and he called whoever is in charge of luggage valet.  They said they intend to bring it back, but they have not given them a start date yet. 

Thank you so much for checking.  Fingers crossed it will happen by May. 🤞  Sorry about your suitcase.

Edited by denamo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Away luggage has been great for us. Casts a little, but they have a lifetime warranty and they stand behind it; I can tell you from

personal experience. We had a bag damaged in flight, filled out their online form, within a week, a new bag was on the front porch, pit the old bag in the new box, and fed ex picked it up. 

If only they had two wheeled ones! No “luggage elbow” for me! 

Thanks for the review!

Question:

I know you dealt with a lot of wind but was the 'secret deck' on 14 forward open for sun & lounging? We were last on the Allure 5 years ago and make a return visit this June. It is a great place to get some sun, away from the craziness of the pool deck areas. Thanks!

• Like 1