The Daily for Sunday 03/13/2022

richwmn

Good afternoon everyone from a sunny, cool but still windy SoFlo.

No big plans for today, was going a St Patrick's day parade but DH does not feel up to it and I am not sure I should leave him alone for a few hours.

Interesting comments on spring breakers, its been really busy here for the last two weeks, only 2 more weeks to go!

Thoughts for everyone on care list, and joining in wishes for the many happy celebrations.

M

• Like 20

Thanks to all who make the Daily happen. Prayers for those who in need and cheers for those celebrating. 

I had the opportunity while working to travel to many countries (Thailand, Viet Nam, India, Jordan, Netherlands) where I was able to buy lovely jewelry from Embassy approved jewelers so I knew I was getting what I was paying for. Like someone else who posted most of it just sat in the safe as I only wore the “good jewelry “ when we were cruising. Two years ago I sold all the items I wasn’t wearing and paid for a cruise!  Much better use for it 😊 IMHO. 

Our DSIL trained with a K-9, Lulu, and after her first “job” she quit!  Her story was actually in the newspaper and TV. So they adopted Lulu as she was a part of the family and he started training with Harry. Thankfully he loved the work and they both retired several years ago. 

• Like 29

Good morning all!

Interesting collection of days today.  I bet my SIL in Savannah wishes she had ear muffs.  She's been complaining bitterly about their "cold, cold, cold temperatures".  I wish @ger_77could tell her about what cold is. 😉  Plus SIL's cold will last only a few hours, then it will be back up to the high 70's in a few days.

I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today.  Have never been to the port -- thanks for all photos!  Yesterday we went to Costco and stocked up on steaks and Cod (so much better there than what we get at the Navy Commissary).  We had some of the Cod last night, yummy with an almond/parmesan coating.  I can't get used to seeing so many people without masks now.  As of March 11 here in WA you don't have to wear them now indoors.  I would guess that only 5% were wearing masks yesterday in Costco (including us).  Even the Navy base has said masks aren't necessary now, but  more people are still wearing them there.

Prayers for all on the care list and hurrahs for those on the celebrations list.

Happy Birthday Pauline! @grapau27

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Suslor said:

Thanks to all who make the Daily happen. Prayers for those who in need and cheers for those celebrating. 

I had the opportunity while working to travel to many countries (Thailand, Viet Nam, India, Jordan, Netherlands) where I was able to buy lovely jewelry from Embassy approved jewelers so I knew I was getting what I was paying for. Like someone else who posted most of it just sat in the safe as I only wore the “good jewelry “ when we were cruising. Two years ago I sold all the items I wasn’t wearing and paid for a cruise!  Much better use for it 😊 IMHO. 

Our DSIL trained with a K-9, Lulu, and after her first “job” she quit!  Her story was actually in the newspaper and TV. So they adopted Lulu as she was a part of the family and he started training with Harry. Thankfully he loved the work and they both retired several years ago. 

I also paid for a cruise with the sale if jewelry. I first asked DD and DDIL if they wanted anything first.  It was,I agree ,!a much better use for the jewels!

• Like 23

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline said Thank you to all our Daily friends who wished her a happy birthday.

Graham

IMG-20220313-WA0001.jpg

Screenshot_20220313_135748_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Wonderful  photos  of  you  both and  you are  winners for  life.

Jim.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rowsby said:

I bet there will be several people getting back on the Rotterdam and doing the Happy Dance today....after the 3-day "interruption" and dealing with hoards of Spring Breaker's in FLL.....:)

happy dance.jpg

Good Grief......it's even worse than I thought.....!!!  🙂

Spring Break FLL.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Happy Sunday.

No ear muffs needed here.  Just a good rain jacket.  Hoping for clear weather later to get a walk in.

I like the quote.  I guess I just like Dr. Seuss!!  Great pictures of the port.  Been there only once and enjoyed the stop.

Have a wonderful day everyone.  Enjoy reading all the news.  
Prayers for all and hope everyone has something to celebrate even a little today.

• Like 19

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily @richwmn and to all contributors.

A salute to K-9 veterans. I don't think I ever wore over the head ear muffs. I have some that go behind the head, but rarely wear them. I like the jewels I have (and don't need more). Good quote.

I'll pass on the meal (not a tofu fan). Pass on the drink. I like the wine. I'll be having my chicken chili tonight.

I only saw Huatulco from a distance on my Panama Canal cruise, when we stopped offshore for a medical evacuation. Thanks for the pictures.

A few snow showers here today, but the temp is going up to 34F and the sun is out. By Friday, up to 70!

I'm going to try a sourdough rye bread, so I'm feeding my starter to make the dough this evening. It will rise overnight.

@kazu Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

@grapau27 Happy Birthday to Pauline! 🎂 Thanks for Father David's sermon today.

@Navybikermom Sorry to hear about the rowdy kids on board.

@cunnorl Too bad the golf tournament had to be rescheduled due to weather.

@smitty34877 I hope Tana is responding to the antibiotics and breathing a bit easier.

@ger_77 I like the wreath showing support for Ukraine.

@StLouisCruisers Continued prayers for Jen and Buddy.

@mamaofami It's good that the cabinet can be rehung. Did he know why it fell?

@aliaschief It sounds like you really like Azamara! 🙂

@GTVCRUISER Bon Voyage!

@marshhawk Congrats to DH on a great sales day.

@superoma I'm happy you got to finally have your family gathering.

Prayers for the Care List, Ukraine and its people and helpers. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Take care everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon.

Time change really does a job on me.  it upsets my whole body clock.  Just getting myself together now.

Thank you Rich and Roy for the lists.

It is a cold cold day here in Bluffton.  Just 20 miles north of Savannah and just over the bridge from Hilton Head Island.  Last week it was in the 80s and tomorrow it promises to be 70 degrees.  The wind has finally died down.  

Today Hilton Head holds its St. Patrick’s Day parade, but this girl of Italian heritage is not going to brave the cold weather to go there and be a spectator.  I will leave it for the Irish, Spring Breakers and more brave of heart.  I am happy in my nice warm house.

A salute to the K-9 veterans.  Sure could use Ear Muffs today and, while I don’t have many jewels, the few that I have, I cherish.  Most are from my family or DH’s mom.   A few are from trips we have taken.

Pass on the meal and drink

Wine sounds nice.

Finally a port I have been to.  Stopped in Huatulco during a Panama Canal Crossing.  Nice port with a nice beach.  Remember doing a boat ride. That one was a waste of time.  Too many people on the boat.

Happy Birthday to @grapau27’s Pauline.  Wishing you many more happy hears.

Prayers for those on the cares list.

@kazu, Jacqui, i hope you have been able to navigate some help with the powers that be to get placement for Jose.  I can only imagine what you are going through.  Special prayers for you as you go through this tough time alone.

@StLouisCruisersI hope things are getting better for Buddy and Jen. Prayers for both.

@lazey1prayers for kakalina. I actually met her once on a cruise many moons ago.

prayers for everyone who needs them.

Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.  Don’t let the Spring Breakers and their noise get to you.

Have a wonderful Sunday. 

God Bless and Stay safe.

Terri

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

@grapau27 Thank you again for sending us the Word of God from your Gracious Father David.

@ger_77 Your wreath looks beautiful and DH and I are contemplating copying your idea.

@cat shepard  Once again you had me LMAO with C340FCCA-8110-47AB-AEC1-39FEA57CFD40.jpeg.89ee77e041e505b4b8192b8e2e056d56.jpeg

@aliaschief a couple of dumb questions.  Is there a main dining room on the Amazora ships?  or just specialty restaurants you make reservations for.  I really want to go to Guadalupe, and I see they have a cruise that goes there, but I don't want to have to pay a bunch of hidden fees.  Their prices look fantastic.  It is also says Club, do you have to pay club fees?  Sorry, new to any new line...besides Carnival.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday!  I’m a bit late but not because of the time change because AZ doesn’t change times. It gets so confusing when it happens when making Zoom and FaceTime calls with friends so I’ve started using timeanddate dot com to help. 🤣

Happy Birthday Pauline!!  @grapau27

Blue says it’s time for lunch so— Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@grapau27 Thank you again for sending us the Word of God from your Gracious Father David.

@ger_77 Your wreath looks beautiful and DH and I are contemplating copying your idea.

@cat shepard  Once again you had me LMAO with C340FCCA-8110-47AB-AEC1-39FEA57CFD40.jpeg.89ee77e041e505b4b8192b8e2e056d56.jpeg

@aliaschief a couple of dumb questions.  Is there a main dining room on the Amazora ships?  or just specialty restaurants you make reservations for.  I really want to go to Guadalupe, and I see they have a cruise that goes there, but I don't want to have to pay a bunch of hidden fees.  Their prices look fantastic.  It is also says Club, do you have to pay club fees?  Sorry, new to any new line...besides Carnival.

Main dining  room called Discovery is open seating, Windows which is equivalent.to Lido, Prime C Steak House and Aqualina and Italian Specialty Restaurant. The Patio for lunch and dinner during normal times. Plus offered are Chef Table with different theme nights like French, Italian. Chef dinner is around $95.00 per person. Specialty Restaurants $30.00 per person but suite guest dine free.but do have to pay for Chefs Table.

Right now due to only 325 on board Specialty are sharing one venue and Patio is not open at night. Windows at night is currently only offering theme limited menu.

Dress code is Country Club casual and rarely see oats or ties.

Club Azamara is name on side of ships. No Club fees!

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 6

Not really "of Huatulco" but a few photos taken at Huatulco:

My guest-host arriving(on right):

myguest.jpg

The 2 ships:

2ships2017.jpg

Our lunch.  This is the equivalent of Dive-In, the wall behind u s if you could see the whole thing was a world map displayed in flowers:

lunch.jpg

After lunch and a tour of my ship @Copper10-8 gave me a behind  the scenes tour of the Amsterdam.  The Leaky Azipod crew bar was featured in his trivia thread a couple of days ago:

officerbar.jpg

And my view from the Amsterdam Bridge wing:

bridgeview.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

@grapau27 HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Pauline. 🎊

This morning was cold enough even in Central Florida for people to wear ear muffs. A salute to K-9 veterans. I don't have a lot of jewels, but treasure the ones I have.

Great quote. Will pass on the meal.

DD and DGS came over yesterday. We had a nice afternoon with them. Leo provides lots of laughs.

Not much going on today.

@Navybikermom Sorry to hear about the rowdy kids and irresponsible parents.

Extra prayers being said daily for

@kazu Jacqui, Jose, and Marley @StLouisCruisers Buddy and Jenn

@mamaofami Carol and Sam 

Kakalena and Tana. (CC decided not to allow me to tag anyone else. 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Have a great rest of your Sunday. 🙂

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Good afternoon, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

@grapau27 HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Pauline. 🎊

This morning was cold enough even in Central Florida for people to wear ear muffs. A salute to K-9 veterans. I don't have a lot of jewels, but treasure the ones I have.

Great quote. Will pass on the meal.

DD and DGS came over yesterday. We had a nice afternoon with them. Leo provides lots of laughs.

Not much going on today.

@Navybikermom Sorry to hear about the rowdy kids and irresponsible parents.

Extra prayers being said daily for

@kazu Jacqui, Jose, and Marley @StLouisCruisers Buddy and Jenn

@mamaofami Carol and Sam 

Kakalena and Tana. (CC decided not to allow me to tag anyone else. 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Have a great rest of your Sunday. 🙂

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

It's a beautiful sunny day with little wind here in my neck of the woods, Julia.  Are you and DH headed home to Jasper?  Or still taking care of business in Florida?  

I've asked my DS and DB for news on Buddy and Jen.  The last I heard Thursday about Jen was they were searching for a skilled nursing facility to send Jen to from the hospital, but the answers from everywhere close by was no beds, not enough staff, etc.  They planned on searching further out from St. Louis.  Hoping for updates on Buddy's WBC numbers and pneumonia, as well as Jen's chances of finding a facility instead of going home unprepared and no care.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

Good morning, barely, from partly sunny and windy San Diego.   It's 74F, but the wind off the ocean makes it feels cooler.

K-9 vets deserve their day.  Even being from Texas. I have a pair of earmuffs.  I mainly use them on cruises to Alaska when viewing glaciers.  Count me as a jewel lover.  We've bought a few over the years, and I wear most of them on cruises.  However, my diamond earrings were a gift from my DF and are precious to me.  After my mother died, he had the earrings made with the two main stones from her engagement ring.  When we're on cruises, I still wander through jewelry stores enjoying all the pretty jewels I'll never by.  BTW, my grandmother and great-grandmother were named Jewel, so I'll celebrate both of them too.

The Dr. Seuss quote is often very true.

We'll pass on the meal although I cook collard greens occasionally.  We'll also pass on the drink and the wine.

We've been to Huatulco many times, beginning when it was still a tender port and you had to walk through a pan of disinfectant getting off and on the tender.  This was to protect the local agriculture.  I posted pictures on 10/22/21, and they are very similar to the ones posted today.  @summer slope,  @StLouisCruisers, and @Overhead Fred, thank you for sharing your pictures.

@cat shepard  Ann, I got a good laugh at the meme about underwear.

@grapau27  Thanks for the pictures.  Pauline looks lovely as always.  Barcelona is one of our favorite European ports.

@Navybikermom  Sorry your cruise is filled with loud, unruly kids.  We are fortunate on the Koningsdam that the few kids are well behaved.

@cunnorl  Sorry mother nature interfered with the golf tournament.

@ger_77  Gerry, your wreath looks nice and a great way to support Ukraine.

@mamaofami  Carol, good news that the hanyman can fix the wall and rehang the cabinet.  Did he check the other upper cabinets to see if they are secure?

@rafinmd  I agree about kids waiting for school buses in the dark.  My preference is to do away with daylight savings time.

@superoma  Thanks for the birthday wishes.  They are appreciated anytime.

@durangoscots  I'll keep my fingers crossed 🤞 that the roofer can start Tuesday.

@lazey1  Thank you for yesterday's update on Kakalina.  Hoping hospice can make her remaining days as comfortable as possible.

@kazu  You, Jose, and Marley are in my thoughts daily, and I wish there was more we could do to help.

@Vict0riann and @Live4cruises  A Daily meet and greet would be great, and we'll do our best to keep the ship in good condition.

Last week, there were 900-1000 passengers, and we heard there will be even fewer this week.  Last week, our cabin steward had nine cabins, and he told us this morning he has six cabins this week.

Yesterday, @TiogaCruiser mentioned all the things that had been lost on the BHBs.  I thought I'd mention a few that are coming back, mainly since we were on last year.  The Sip ans Savor is back in the Ocean Bar at 5 pm for $7.  While no one is called cruise staff, there is an entertainment team of three or four who host more game type activities.  They are also offering snack type food at the self-serve station in the Billboard on Board during Happy Hour.

Of all the changes, there is one we didn't like.  We always enjoy Ask The Captain as someone usually asks an off the wall question.  Yesterday, you had to write  your question and turn it in before the Captain was introduced.  It was evident the Cruise Director went through the questions and only asked "normal" questions.  

You can still walk around the Promade deck, but it is narrow in a couple of places.  Unfortunately, there is no place to sit.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts ♥️ The Bon Voyages due today were posted last night for a good reason.  I had a feeling today would be a mess & sadly, my intuition was right.

It just seems that  life is going from bad to worse.  One of the reasons I am reluctant to post - I’m no fun and have no good news.  Marley was not well last night and worse this morning so I messaged my vet and she thought he had too many comorbidities  to wait until Monday.

So, I have spent time at the emergency vet (those of you that have fur babies know what that costs before you even get started) with Marley.  My dear friend, Glen drove.  

Marley’s had another blood profile and CBC done (ca-ching) and while his kidneys are good, he has a gastro infection and pancreatitis along with anemia.  It seems the myeloma can attack his red blood cells.  (Now we have to weight the pros and cons of steroids next week).  He has no appetite because of it so his pill poppers don’t work & the 7 pills have to go down the hard way.

Not being hospitalized as too many sick dogs (he’s at risk) and vet thought he would do better at home.  

The good thing is Jose didn’t realize I hadn’t come so I left well enough alone.  Was going to have dinner with dear friends for the first time in 2 years (even did a rapid test) but looks like that’s out the window with Marley on 24 hour watch.

I saw this and thought it was cute in case it puts a smile on anyone’s face.

84339AB1-4BCC-428B-B508-7F2E4DF7A3C2.jpeg.6326241dc28bd4b32a8be951cd72bf69.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the care list & those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news again 😔 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 30

@kazuI hope you can take some comfort in knowing how much everyone here does care about you.  I am so so sorry for what you've endured in the last 6 months.

@Quartzsite Cruiserthank you for the ship report.  I have been curious about how many have been aboard.  It will such an interesting change of perspective to not be on an almost packed ship.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It's a beautiful sunny day with little wind here in my neck of the woods, Julia.  Are you and DH headed home to Jasper?  Or still taking care of business in Florida?  

I've asked my DS and DB for news on Buddy and Jen.  The last I heard Thursday about Jen was they were searching for a skilled nursing facility to send Jen to from the hospital, but the answers from everywhere close by was no beds, not enough staff, etc.  They planned on searching further out from St. Louis.  Hoping for updates on Buddy's WBC numbers and pneumonia, as well as Jen's chances of finding a facility instead of going home unprepared and no care.

We are still here. I THINK we will head to Jasper mid to late week. We'll see what the next couple of days bring.

I hope they find the right place for Jen soon and that you get an update on Buddy. Praying for them both.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday, Pauline!  And many happy returns of the day.🎂

Jacqui, I'm sorry about poor Marley, on top of everything else.  Hope he is not suffering.  Prayers for the three of you.

In fact all of my Daily friends were in my prayers this morning at church.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser,  and @Live4cruises, yes, lets have a M&G - but we only have one sea day in each week, perhaps we can arrange to meet at a Happy Hour, or even a Sailaway get together on that first day?  We like to have dinner in Tamarind on our first evening on board, what time have you been leaving SD usually, Lenda?  We do have friends on board, actually Jacqui's friends, J&J, and possibly one of our neighbours (she is definitely on the second week, April 3-10, hasn't decided on the first one).  J&J don't know we will be on board, we want to surprise them, so don't spill the beans, Jacqui...

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2