CELEBRITY APP

mauimary

Works fine for me.     I'm not sure when excursions are loaded but definitely are loaded.   I've actually was been able to cancel an excursion using the app  on a previous cruise. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

Our next cruise is not until June.  It’s possible that our excursions are not loaded on to it.  We can look at it and see all our upcoming cruises listed. This particular one to Alaska in mid June doesn’t even have anything other than Celebrity Solstice and dates on it.  Does not even tell us where it is going!  

6 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Our next cruise is not until June.  It’s possible that our excursions are not loaded on to it.  We can look at it and see all our upcoming cruises listed. This particular one to Alaska in mid June doesn’t even have anything other than Celebrity Solstice and dates on it.  Does not even tell us where it is going!  

If I recall they are loaded just about boarding time.   To check after reading your message I went in and looked at my April 8th cruise and none of the excursions have been loaded yet. 

Interesting to read that you even have Solstice on your App.   For me it just shows not yet available for this app.   I just looked and since Solstice isn't in service yet I'm not even able to select  either Eclipse or Solstice on my iPhone as of now. 

I think the Alsaka

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If I recall they are loaded just about boarding time.   To check after reading your message I went in and looked at my April 8th cruise and none of the excursions have been loaded yet. 

Interesting to read that you even have Solstice on your App.   For me it just shows not yet available for this app.   I just looked and since Solstice isn't in service yet I'm not even able to select  either Eclipse or Solstice on my iPhone as of now. 

I think the Alsaka

Thanks Jim.  

The app and the website (Cruise Planner) cannot really be used in lieu of each other. 

The app is mostly for check-in and while you are on board. The Cruise Planner is where you plan your cruise. You can access the CP on mobile but you need to go to the website to do it. 

If you read the description of the app in the App Store it well outlines what the capabilities are before and during your cruise. 

13 minutes ago, ORV said:

What type of things would we use it for during the cruise? On Millennium in May. 

You'll be able to see the daily planner on the app. You can add shows and other events to your day and you'll get a reminder about 30 minutes prior that you have an event coming up. You can message each other through the app as well. It was fantastic!

Edited by 3boyz2keep
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, ORV said:

What type of things would we use it for during the cruise? On Millennium in May. 

On the Apex last fall, I saw an activity the next morning I wanted to attend.  I went to the location shown in the Today (Eden) only to find entertainers rehearsing.  Then I checked he app to find it had been moved to the Meeting Place - totally forward instead of aft.  When I got there, it was well underway so chose not to participate.  Decided at that point to at least check the app.

also, check the menu before heading to the dining room of choice😊

Edited by bama4cruisin

26 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Checking on on the app makes it easy to do the photo, upload the vaccine record and passport and  select your boarding time.   We also use the menus for the various dining rooms.

Where in the app is the option to upload our photos?  We figure it surely must be there (probably right in front of my face) but I simply cannot find it.  Vaccine card and everything else was a piece of cake.  No biggie as I know where it is online in my booking (and can do it on the computer) but just wondering about the app.

It is in in the Travel info section of Check-in on the app.  Step 1 Passport

Step 2 Snap a Security Photo

You don't upload a existing photo you take a photo while in the check-in process.  If you don't like it you and edit and retake it.

2 hours ago, ORV said:

I love love love that you can check menus for restaurants and lounges in the app. You can see the MDR menus for each mean and each day ahead of time, so you can plan out where you want to go in advance. I also love that it has hours listed for bars, restaurants, and services. I am a HUGE fan of the "what's open now" option under dining while onboard as well.

3 hours ago, mauimary said:

Since Solstice hasn't restarted yet, any information you would see now would be leftover junk from pre-COVID if anything shows up at all.  Same was true for a couple of other later restart ships as well as we discovered for ourselves.  Real data may not show up in the app until 1-2 weeks before sail date.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

It is in in the Travel info section of Check-in on the app.  Step 1 Passport

Step 2 Snap a Security Photo

You don't upload a existing photo you take a photo while in the check-in process.  If you don't like it you and edit and retake it.

Oh for heaven's sake, there it is!  Pictures now taken and that task is out of the way. Thanks so much for you quick response. 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Since Solstice hasn't restarted yet, any information you would see now would be leftover junk from pre-COVID if anything shows up at all.  Same was true for a couple of other later restart ships as well as we discovered for ourselves.  Real data may not show up in the app until 1-2 weeks before sail date.

That’s Interesting but then we are also cruising on the Beyond in July.  Date and Destination are on the App and that ship is not even finished yet. It is not even launched until some time in April. 

4 hours ago, 3boyz2keep said:

You'll be able to see the daily planner on the app. You can add shows and other events to your day and you'll get a reminder about 30 minutes prior that you have an event coming up. You can message each other through the app as well. It was fantastic!

My booked excursions are already loaded on to the App for our 30.07.22 cruise.

A116B479-1C32-43DD-BAD7-F678BD10D8E9.thumb.jpeg.65d0d17ac3891cd65769fc5de2273522.jpeg

DCE0A808-ED10-4827-A555-910C3F541094.thumb.jpeg.96e3f1e39ed8edc9a7866cd97c9c6e3d.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mauimary said:

That’s Interesting but then we are also cruising on the Beyond in July.  Date and Destination are on the App and that ship is not even finished yet. It is not even launched until some time in April. 

Well, not everything happens at the same pace. You need not worry about it all coming together, though. 

I also like the app very much, and I often ask why everyone feels like they need to make a dadgum app. The Celebrity one is rather handy. 

2 hours ago, mauimary said:

Evidently a difference between a 'start' and a 're-start' ... and 're-starts' are where we've seen this happen, both times last November. 

I imagine Solstice and Infinity both, as the true laggards of the re-start, will have issues.  We had date/destination being posted earlier on, but no menu/event data until shortly before departure, and once the app did come up for our cruise, it was treating us to such 'valuable' information in the "Hints and tips..." section as "How to Spend Your Day in Abu Dhabi" and advice for "Singapore Disembarkation Instructions" --- for a Caribbean cruise.

At the moment, the ships with active service for the app (according to the app itself) include Apex, Constellation, Edge, Equinox, Millennium, Reflection, Silhouette and Summit.

Onboard, note the button in upper right corner of the home display - Refresh! 
Hit that button every morning, entertainer schedules do change and you will be more assured of up to date info.

Also note, the messaging function works, but no notification. If you know your spouse will be finishing an activity at about 3:00pm, you can message where to meet, but they need to remember to look to see if they have a message. Personal experience…

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 3boyz2keep said:

I hope the daily planners are still delivered to our cabin each evening?

Doug

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

They are indeed left on your bed each evening.

Thanks Jim, I am pleased to hear that. I know a lot of folks like access to the planners on the phone, but we are old school and enjoy going over them each night before lights out, highlighted tomorrow's events that are of interest to us. I have no problem with all these "smart phone" apps until they are the only way to see things like the daily planners.

Doug