The Daily for Thursday 03/17/2022

richwmn

11 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

Haven't read today's posts. Currently in ER. My DH fell late Sunday night, hit head, was sent to ER Sunday into Monday to check for stroke and/or brain bleed from fall. All negative. He had a good day Tuesday and a great day yesterday but we were still watching for symptoms. This morning he was very confused, couldn't walk, and throwing up so PCP sent us back for further tests. We've been here since 8:30am. There's now a break in the action while we await results.

Please say a little prayer.

Many thanks,

-Melisa

More than a little prayer, Melisa!

• Like 20

12 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

Haven't read today's posts. Currently in ER. My DH fell late Sunday night, hit head, was sent to ER Sunday into Monday to check for stroke and/or brain bleed from fall. All negative. He had a good day Tuesday and a great day yesterday but we were still watching for symptoms. This morning he was very confused, couldn't walk, and throwing up so PCP sent us back for further tests. We've been here since 8:30am. There's now a break in the action while we await results.

Many thanks,

-Melisa

I am so sorry  to hear this but as I am sure you know it is better to be in the ER than home with those symptoms.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

Good morning  everyone and happy  St Patricks day  to  you  all. As I am Irish born  and  bred

I  of will celebrate this day as it is  the day I married my DW 60yrs ago today. Going out  for  a

meal and some  Wine  and a  pint of  the  black stuff  or  2.

I hope  you  all  have  the  luck  of  the  Irish.

Happy 60th Anniversary!  A nice milestone indeed.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

@irishjim happy 60 th anniversary!  My grandfather’s family came from Ireland, so I too claim some heritage.   
@kazu hope the pill pushing goes ok and good luck with your meeting! 

2 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

I’m not Catholic either, although my church is named St. Luke’s. It is true that most of our Fish Frys are at Catholic Churches, but not all. There are also ones at a couple of American Legion halls and the Elks too. One of the most popular locations is St Cecilia’s which has a large Hispanic presence. Besides fish, their signature dish is Chile Rellenos. They have strolling musicians and you can order a margarita while you are waiting in line to order! No margaritas at my church, we are Methodists, although more than one person has said we’d be more popular if we served liquor! 

St Louis Sal

Ooh I want to go to st Cecilia’s!  Love Chile Rellenos,. And with a margarita!  Ole! 

24 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

Many thanks,

-Melisa

I add my prayers! 

• Like 20

6 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@irishjim happy 60 th anniversary!  My grandfather’s family came from Ireland, so I too claim some heritage.   
@kazu hope the pill pushing goes ok and good luck with your meeting! 

Ooh I want to go to st Cecilia’s!  Love Chile Rellenos,. And with a margarita!  Ole! 

I add my prayers! 

And  me,

• Like 16

@irishjimHappy 60th Anniversary to you and your DW (x5).  Wishing you many more years of love and laughter.

@HAL SailerI'm adding my prayers to what will I'm sure will be a growing list for your DH.  What a frightening thing for both of you; hopefully they'll be able to get him fixed up and sent home to you quickly.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 17

Good afternoon. Happy St. Patrick's Day! ☘️ Going to school in Boston, it was a big day.

A salute to Incredible Kids, Camp Fire Girls and Companies that Care.

Great quote.

I like the meal, bought the ingredients, but won't make it until the weekend. I like the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Japan.

It's sunny and in the 60's now, after a bit of rain this AM. Lots of noise in my alley this AM; I'm used to dumpsters for the stores and restaurants being emptied at all hours, but there is going to be repaving of the alley starting. It needs it as it's cobblestone and there are huge dips. I'm worried about getting out to appointments next week. Later today I'm going out to eat with BFF; he's depressed from watching the news and needs to get out.

@kazu Prayers for Jose, you and Marley. I'm glad you found a way to get Marley's meds in him. I hope your meeting gives you some beneficial information.

@aliaschief It sounds like you had a great time on Azamara!

@dfish Can't wait to see the new you! 🙂 The Guinness stew looks good; I've never had it.

@StLouisCruisers Good luck to DH at the dentist. I hope Buddy's pneumonia is on the mend and that he can at least get some calories from his liquid diet and hopefully move on to a soft diet soon. Praying that Jen's situation works out by her staying with her Mom; at least the therapists will be coming to her.

@mamaofami Poor Sam. I can identify. I had TMJ surgery about 35 years ago, after waking up and not being able to open my mouth (I had a torn meniscus in the joint). And I have tinnitus in my right ear, which sometimes is so annoyingly loud.

@ger_77 I'm glad your friends in Japan are safe. 

@St. Louis Sal Nice to "see" you here. I'm sorry to hear of the progression of things, and I pray the meds help. And prayers for your anxiety attacks. Lenten fish frys are big here, and maps are published. Many are pickup only still, and the high prices of fish and the carry-out containers has been an issue too. They are big here at Catholic Churches, but also fire stations as a money maker. They also have pierogies at them!

@irishjim Happy Anniversary!

@HAL Sailer Oh no on DH's fall; I suspect they're looking for a subdural hematoma, which can occur after the fall. Prayers for you both.

Prayers for the Care List. Prayers for Ukraine and its people and helpers; my brain cannot wrap around the cruelty inflicted upon them.

Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and Happy St. Paddy's Day.  My DH, Pat, has been getting greetings all morning on his "saint's day"!  A lot going on today on CC.  I would love a fish fry - I don't think the churches do it here.  We will not be having corned beef and cabbage, DD said she will be cooking Mexican tonight.  She made us delicious fish (and shrimp) tacos last night.  As long as she wants to cook, I am happy.

Hope your appointment with the therapist goes well, Jacqui. And I'm glad Marley is taking his pills - did you mention you had tried peanut butter?  That (sometimes) worked with our dogs.   @St. Louis Sal, nice to hear from you  I get anxiety attacks, too.  It usually means I need to get a haircut.  I don't know why it is, but that always helps.  I am very excited about our upcoming California Coastal cruise, as I discovered we have a long overnight (until 11 p.m. the next day) in San Francisco, and my other cousin in Walnut Creek has invited us to stay with them, so we will have a really good visit with my cousin in Woodside who has ALS, her husband, with Alzheimer's, is now in a home.  He had been giving her a really hard time and making it difficult for her to eat (she's having to eat soft foods and he didn't want her to...)  I will be so happy to see them all in person!

We had emails from @sailingdutchy and his DW this morning, from the NS.  He always surprises her on their cruises, and this time he got lots of upgrades, Signature Suite, Club Orange, Have It All, etc., so she is very happy  to be at sea.  Maybe he will check in with us here and let us know how it is going!

• Like 25

13 minutes ago, dfish said:

@irishjim  Happy Anniversary!

7cdcffcb63097ea3e9f629bf99578a0b.jpg.46c8fd0fb2559d60339d78b70a7fa9c6.jpg

@HAL Sailer Prayers on the way.   Hoping for the best.

I meant to say the same thing, @irishjim!  We will have our 60th this year too, but in November - I never thought of getting married on St. Patrick's Day!  What a good idea.😀

• Like 19

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

Many thanks,

-Melisa

Sending you our prayers 🙏 Melisa.

G&P x

• Like 14

Good morning everyone and Happy St Patrick’s Day!  I have a corned beef that I bought at TJ’s but we might have it over the weekend. We won’t have cabbage with it though, DH doesn’t like it and it would be a waste. We will have mashed potatoes and I’m thinking of making Ina Garten’s https://www.food network.com/recipes/ina-garten/irish-guinness-brown-bread-4718331. But I need to buy the Guinness first. 

I love the quote. Pass on the drink and wine though. 

Last night at 7:37 pm we were able to watch the International Space Shuttle pass over. It lasted 6 minutes and was quite spectacular. No way to take a picture though. 

Bruce @aliaschief — your cruise sounded amazing, thank you for sharing your experience. You will love the Rotterdam!  Do you have Club Orange?  

Jim @irishjim — Happy Anniversary to you and your wife today!!

Melisa @HAL Sailer — Prayers for your DH. Waiting in the ER for test results can drive a person crazy, hopefully they will be ready quickly. 

Jacqui @kazu —. Thinking of you and Jose and Marley. ❤️

Sandi @StLouisCruisers — Prayers for Buddy and Jen. 🙏

Prayers and good thoughts to everyone on the Care list. Have a great day everyone!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I meant to say the same thing, @irishjim!  We will have our 60th this year too, but in November - I never thought of getting married on St. Patrick's Day!  What a good idea.😀

It is  a  day you cant  forget your  anniversary.

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Bruce @aliaschief — your cruise sounded amazing, thank you for sharing your experience. You will love the Rotterdam!  Do you have Club Orange?

Melisa @HAL Sailer

Sharon, We are in a Neptune Suite so will be trying out Club Orange. It was a fantastic cruise and new experience. Thanks.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

The sea has been rough since we left Lisbon especially last night.

Sitting sunbathing on our balcony overlooking the wake of the ship.

16475356322799180603237392693870.jpg

So glad to hear you are the new Iona ship.

how does she compare to the other P&O?

Over here all the news has been about the Wonder OTS. In fact I will sail her in 3 weeks tomorrow.  So new ships for us both.

How was the ship shows and food?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Many thanks,

-Melisa

Melisa, so very sorry to hear about your DH's symptoms today.  Very frightening.  I hope they figure out what's happening and take care of it.  🙏

• Like 16

Happy St. Paddy's Day to everyone. Unfortunately, my luck ran out this morning. When I was at church for the Senior Fit class, someone banged into my car! No one was hurt, but a very scary situation for the driver -- she had two floor mats on the driver's side and one got stuck under the accelerator. It could have been a lot worse!

One of DH's friends from the car dealership is going to take a look at it tomorrow to see what has to be done. I've already heard from the driver's insurance company accepting all fault, so no problem there.

I'm going to go to my bridge class now, to take my mind off everything, and have a nice glass of wine when I get home!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

Good afternoon from sunny and pleasant Puerto Vallarta where it is 77F with a light breeze.  Today, we are docked at berth 3 since NCL Bliss is at berth 1 by the main cruise terminal.  I'm not sure about the other passengers but this is a plus for us.  Our balcony is on the shady side of the ship.  When I went out this morning, I found we are also closer the Wal-Mart.

☘️ HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!  ☘️

Cornbeef and cabbage will be served in the MDR and in the Lido.  We will get a little bit on our way to get pizza tonight.  I have traced some of my ancestors back to Ireland in the 1600s.

We have two incredible DDs. I was not a Campfire Girl, but they are a good organization.  I like companies that care, and wish there were more.

I love the Charles Schultz quote.  We know that chocolate makes everything better.  The wine sounds good, but I'll pass on the drink.

We have not been to today's port.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandu, I hope Buddy improves and can gain weight.  I'm glad Jen could go home with her mother and that the therapists will come to the house.  BTW, I got an implant 18 years ago when I had a premolar pulled.  I don’t regret it.

@kazu  That's good news that you have Marley taking his medicine willingly.  I hope you get some answers from the ALS therapist that will help you with your difficult decisions.

@jimgev  We spent two years in Dover, NJ, when DH was in the Army.  I know what you mean about the weather this time of year.  Like you, we're glad we're back in a warmer climate.

@dfish  Debbie, looking forward to seeing you new hair color.  DH vetoed my getting streaks when I asked.  🤣

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm sorry Sam is having problems with TMJ.  Hope he gets some help.

@durangoscots  It looks like the shelter work is progressing.  I know what you mean about running in circles.

@St. Louis Sal  Good to see you posting, but sorry about the anxiety attacks.  Hope you can find something that helps with them.

@irishjim ☘️🎉🥂 HAPPY 60th ANNI ERSARY!  🍾🎆☘️  I think we've all experienced the submit button acting up,so don't worry.

@HAL Sailer  Sorry about your DH's fall and new symptoms today.  Sending positive thoughts to both of you that the cause is found and easily remedied.

@bennybear  Thanks for your pictures.  We took the bullet train from Kyoto to Osaka.  It was an interesting experience.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm glad your friends in Japan are okay.

Lenda

• Like 22

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I think it's likely fortunate that @aliaschief did not drive to the port as Quest is in a terminal far from the starting point.  It's a hazard of small ship travel from Miami as they left from the terminal of choice from Miami, on the south side of the island and returned to the north side of the island as another ship (I think Radisson) was in their departure slot.

image.png.15a1f6e9b225e478a84239e54c0a6116.png

Roy

Roy, thanks for this I was just going to look up the terminal as I am taking my sister to this ship later for the TA. Having a great visit, we are going to lunch at one of my favorite waterside restaurants before driving her to the port🛳️

• Like 13