In Memory of Paulchili

CintiPam

Frequent Oceania board poster Paulchili, San Francisco Bay area, died on March 17, 2022. I never met Paul in person but when I started cruising over a decade ago, Paul generously provided me with accurate factual information regarding Oceania and many European ports I visited on Oceania cruises. I had hoped to meet him on an Oceania cruise but I never did. As is often said in my tradition, may his memory always be for a blessing.

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Frequent Oceania board poster Paulchili, San Francisco Bay area, died on March 17, 2022. I never met Paul in person but when I started cruising over a decade ago, Paul generously provided me with accurate factual information regarding Oceania and many European ports I visited on Oceania cruises. I had hoped to meet him on an Oceania cruise but I never did. As is often said in my tradition, may his memory always be for a blessing.

Paul had  a great wealth of detail  on  ships and of cuisine on them  We would trade cooking and other barbs but he was a gentleman to say the least..     We all share in the fruits of his knowledge and  too share in the grief  of his loss..       

• Like 3

Paul was always the voice of reason on this board as well as on others.  His advice was factual, thorough, and kind.  We cruised with him on Azamara and enjoyed his positive attitude and adventurous spirit. His memory is indeed a blessing to those who knew him. 

• Like 2

I don't check in that often these days since we are NOT traveling yet ... but was shocked and saddened to see this news.  I never met Paul but we did correspond every so often, and I always appreciated his generous posts.  Gentle journey, Paul.

Paul and Don Horner were my two go-to guys on this forum. I am heartbroken to hear that Paul is gone. I hope that somehow his family hears how much he meant to so many of us. I am truly devastated by this news. Thanks to CintiPam for telling us.

• Like 3

A very generous and kind man.  We have always cherished the time that we spent with Paul and Marsha and were talking only days ago about finding out if they will be on any of our upcoming cruises.  Thanks for wonderful memories, Paul.

We were fortunate to have sailed with Paul & Marsha many times all over the world.   Luckily we remained close friends with them for many years.

Always enjoyed our monthly lunches when not sailing. 

RIP our dear friend.

We will miss you .

Sue & Steve

Paul & Don Horner made CC the place to be for Oceania cruisers.  Their knowledge and helpful posts kept us here looking for the info they so gladly dispensed. We miss them and the joy they shared with so many of us over the years.

• Like 4