Decorating Doors - any specific rules?

BuckeyeMark

I was just looking at inexpensive magnet options on Zazzle and on Etsy.  I want our 6 year old nephew to be able to recognize the family members’ cabin doors.  We will all be on the same deck, but six cabins in the same vicinity were not an option when booking.  (4 balcony cabins are down the hall from each other; 2 inside cabins are around a corner)

The last time we went on a multigenerational family cruise, I bought clearance Mardi Gras beads and hung them on the hook by the door, but they were, constantly, stolen.

I found a great shop on ETSY she does nice metal signs they are thin so very light with pictures on it you can just super glue a magnet to the back and it can be put right on your door She even did a custom picture for my cruise on the Mardi Gra, her shop is https://www.etsy.com/shop/NanasFrontDoor

I did order from another shop once but this shop has 3 sizes I like the 10 or 12" round and she ships so fast the nice thing about these signs is if you like to cruise alot you can reuse them since they store nice and don't scratch. Worth taking a look but I just bought a few signs and use them for my door decorations, i always have folks asked me where did you get that sign...Happy Cruising

Edited by Ourcabinlife22
  • Like 1

My door decorations lately were other people's clothes... I'm often on Lido rooms, and three times last week, I woke to find somebody had thoughtfully hung clothes on my door handle. (A hat, a lightweight hoodie jacket, and, somewhat curiously, half a swimsuit.) 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

The last time we went on a multigenerational family cruise, I bought clearance Mardi Gras beads and hung them on the hook by the door, but they were, constantly, stolen.

Most people assume if Mardi Gras beads are hanging they are free to take. I have seen people hand them out or leave a small bunch hanging on a hook on their door for people to take.

I think it's just a Mardi Gras beads thing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, avic77 said:

Most people assume if Mardi Gras beads are hanging they are free to take. I have seen people hand them out or leave a small bunch hanging on a hook on their door for people to take.

I think it's just a Mardi Gras beads thing 

Hanging beads or a necktie on the door handle of a college dorm room meant something else entirely...🙂

• Haha 5

For the last 15 cruises I have hung my Port Hole on the door.  It is a realistic looking Port Hole that shows the ocean with 3 sea gulls flying.  I mounted it on a sheet of magnetic rubber so it will not hurt the paint on the door. 

Friends and family told me that it would not last the the 1st cruise.  So far so good.  Still have it.

My wife loves it.  When she is coming back to cabin by her self she does not have to keep reading cabin numbers to try and figure out which one is ours.

Bob

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mark

Princess does not want any decorations that will damage the paint, the door or door trim.  If crew discovers damage, cost of repairs will be added to the Cabin's on board account.  Also, must not cause any problems to the crew attempting to enter the cabin. And, must be taken down the last day of the cruise. 

Bob

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 11:27 PM, trbarton said:

Here’s what I put on my door & it’s magnetic.  I have 2 sizes one large & one small both the same sign. 

I’ve never seen any regulations for what’s on your door. 

I used the small sign with my Christmas decorations. The lights were on a timer & the Santa spoke when anyone passed by, turned off over night, but the stateroom people loved the Santa. 

I used large hooks to hang the lights & decorations on. 

Tom😀

image.jpeg

image.png

Love it, Tom. My husband and adult kids are going over Christmas and New Years this year. We are going on Carnival. We will have to decorate our door. 

On 3/24/2022 at 4:36 PM, sloopsailor said:

I've seen full size decorations similar to these shown below. Pretty eye catching!

Door decorations.jpg

Question…With these decorations how are you not covering up the peep hole?

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

2 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Inquiring minds want to know ...

When staying at a hotel or resort ...

Do people decorate their doors?

Many cruise traditions are done no where else that I know of!  Just part of the "getting away from it all" experience.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Said the Lady wearing "Rabbit Ears" in her profile picture.  😉😁

Never been called a lady (well, except by my smartass husband!)The ears were from last year's Easter party. No harm! We've just seen some really "cheesy" door decorations in our time.

Edited by rbtan
additions
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 9:08 AM, MississippiMom said:

I was just looking at inexpensive magnet options on Zazzle and on Etsy.  I want our 6 year old nephew to be able to recognize the family members’ cabin doors.  We will all be on the same deck, but six cabins in the same vicinity were not an option when booking.  (4 balcony cabins are down the hall from each other; 2 inside cabins are around a corner)

I had a magnet made for my cruise in May>

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=princess+cruise+door+magnets&crid=2L9GXF044EB6G&sprefix=princess+cruise+door%2Caps%2C193&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_20

• Thanks 1