S-Class Angled Staterooms

zackarykeef

Can anyone comment on the angled staterooms on the S-class ships, whether you feel like they are better or worse than a standard verandah? From the deck plans. the room appears angled too, which seem like the room is smaller than the others. On the forward-angled rooms, is wind a problem! Thanks in advance!

I assume you are referring to the cabins on the slant off the hump.  The cabins are not slanted, they are exactly like all other veranda cabins.  The balconies, however, are much larger than regular balconies.  I always book one on the rear of the hump thinking wind could possibly be a problem on the front of the hump, but I've never actually tested that out.

The rooms themselves are not angled they are the same size as the other cabins in the category.  We stayed in one and had a few windy days so we couldn’t comfortably use the balcony with the wind swirling around. On calm gays it was great.

Edited by jelayne

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I assume you are referring to the cabins on the slant off the hump.  The cabins are not slanted, they are exactly like all other veranda cabins.  The balconies, however, are much larger than regular balconies.  I always book one on the rear of the hump thinking wind could possibly be a problem on the front of the hump, but I've never actually tested that out.

We've never found wind to be a problems on the slanted hump balconies. We've enjoyed both. 

S-Class. My favorite on the hump cabins are the C1's deck 12. 2105 or 2107. Right out to the pool or up one deck to the Oceanview café to bring food back to the cabin. Under the carpeted area, Very little noise.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

S-Class. My favorite on the hump cabins are the C1's deck 12. 2105 or 2107. Right out to the pool or up one deck to the Oceanview café to bring food back to the cabin. Under the carpeted area, Very little noise.

I have one of those very cabins currently booked. Love them!

• Like 1

The cabins on the slant have two different sized balconies: half are somewhat larger (about 50% larger that a regular balcony,) while the other half are extra larger (about 150% larger) since the cabins and balconies are arranged somewhat like the REALLY BAD following sketch. Ignore the Xs - had to use them as fillers

________

|______|_|

|______|_\

|______|__\

X |______|_\

X |______|__\

X X |______|_|

X X |______|_|

They alternate, with the extra larger balconies starting with the cabin closest to the non-slant cabins in the middle of the hump.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

2105 has the extra larger balcony while 2107 has the slightly larger balcony

Loved the rear slanted balcony on S -class, the deeper balcony made it (feel) more sheltered, perfect for sailing through the Norwegian fjords!

Note that on an overcast day the deeper balcony MAY make the cabin feel slightly darker. 

We booked the same category cabin with rear slant for our next cruise.

Thanks for all this info! I guess it’s confusing, as the deck plans make it seem like the room is oddly angled as well. Good to know they’re not! I didn’t think I’d want to be on 12 right near everything, but now y’all may have me convinced!

The angled balcony on the back of the hump is our favorite on S-class.  Never any wind issues.  These photos are from cabin 9192 on Eqinox.  The room is regular-shaped, but the balcony is very roomy.

image.png

image.png

Our very first cruise was to Alaska on the Solstice, travelling with Judy's cousins.  Their travel agent arranged slant cabins for both of us.  Ours slanted forward, theirs slanted aft.  Our balcony was windy and the cabin was noisy when the balcony door was open.  The cousins' cabin was evidently quiet enough to sleep with the balcony slightly open.  From this, we concluded that there is a difference, forward and aft.

Tom & Judy

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

If you intend to read on the hump balconies, bring a portable light especially if you have a larger one, they can be very dark.

The best part of a Kindle Paperwhite is that you won't need a flashlight!😉

• Like 1

As everyone has said, the rooms aren’t angles at all, you just have the larger balconies.  We love them and alway grab one if it’s available.  I try to get the first one “off the hump.”  Third off would be my next choice.

• 7 months later...