Entitled Passengers !

Reina del Mar

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I do appreciate your sentiments in the above posting, but actually, the original posting about entitled pax was regarding packing the elevators and not following the rule of 6 max in the elevators.  Then it moved on to people who cut lines.

The general conversation about masking became somewhat of a thread drift as well as the discussions about who should be able to use an elevator and who should be using the stairs instead.  IMHO, the masking debates have been beaten to death on many other threads.

true ... on both counts.  I had forgotten the original drift as I had jumped back in the middle so to speak using the "star" option on the thread list that takes you to where you last left off reading.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I do appreciate your sentiments in the above posting, but actually, the original posting about entitled pax was regarding packing the elevators and not following the rule of 6 max in the elevators.  Then it moved on to people who cut lines.

The general conversation about masking became somewhat of a thread drift as well as the discussions about who should be able to use an elevator and who should be using the stairs instead.  IMHO, the masking debates have been beaten to death on many other threads.

Sorry to be OT

7 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Sorry to be OT

Please don't apologize.  This is the type of thing that can occur with any good discussion.  It didn't bother me in the least.  I just wanted to point out that the elevator issue was what prompted the thread in the first place and wasn't OT.  Stay safe.  🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dog said:

Rules are rules. Follow the Rules.

If I was the only person not following the so-called rules I might just do likewise.

But when it's a rule that is actually very irritating and uncomfortable (like wearing a mask) and over 90 present of the passengers aren't following and not being enforced I think I'll make my own decision as what to do. 

Oh btw- mask wearing was recently encouraged/suggested but not mandatory. 

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

If I was the only person not following the so-called rules I might just do likewise.

But when it's a rule that is actually very irritating and uncomfortable (like wearing a mask) and over 90 present of the passengers aren't following and not being enforced I think I'll make my own decision as what to do. 

Oh btw- mask wearing was recently encouraged/suggested but not mandatory. 

Don’t like the rules- give someone else your business. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, dog said:

I could but we like Princess and the "rules" are not strict at all.

They amount to only suggestions which we lived with for a month.

btw- no one got sick.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:55 AM, FlaMariner said:

Perhaps the stairs would be an option for those that are concerned about riding an elevator with their fellow passengers....

When on the Princess Sky in March, we would take the stairs often and we commented that this was the only place we never ran into a passenger.  Very quiet and "safe" for sure!

(For those that are concerned about Covid and their health, head to the stairs and be safe and healthy!)

Totally agree. Though as soon as possible I get some hand sanitizer because of my use of the railings.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:32 PM, dog said:

Don't like the way the rules are enforced - give someone else your business.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2022 at 11:18 PM, Ombud said:

Agreed. Most of mine expire 12/31/22 & the final 2804 expire 5/1/23. Now I understand some can be surrendered for cash but barely half of them. 

So you are putting health before $$$

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 12:29 AM, justafem said:

In your situation, I would have stepped in front of him and invited everyone originally behind you to do the same.  

I used to do this when people tried to butt in when we were at the station waiting for our 4:45 bus.  I’d just step in front of them, stick out my arm, and let the people in line on ahead of me.  Nowadays I wouldn’t dream of that; it’s just not safe to challenge strangers.  😢

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 4:39 PM, Reina del Mar said:

There are notices posted by each elevator that passengers should limit the number to six in elevators.

I am very disappointed to see some people trying to squash either friends or relative strangers into this limited space. When asked to follow the rule of six, some people tut and mutter thinking they are above the rules. I have asked on several occasions that the number is limited, only to feel I am asking for something that is ridiculous and that I am in the wrong.

Nobody is above the rules and more to the point, nobody wants to contract COVID !!!!!

On our 2020 Oceania cruise(just before the bug really took off) We were in the lift. When the doors opened, we were rushed & pushed to the back. My spouse(one to never mince words)loudly exclaimed "There's plenty of time to get to the life boats" "You men will also have plenty of time to put on your wives clothing & get a seat in the life boats" A lot of great laughter from those of us jammed in the lift & absolute silence from the idiots who stormed the lift.

• Haha 2