Entitled Passengers !

Reina del Mar

What I have noticed on our Sky cruise is the covidiots love to pack into the theatre, which leaves loads of space elsewhere where you can grab a spot that can't be invaded once they all stream out.

Part of the personal risk assessment is how bad your fellow passengers will be, we will find out in a couple days when we home test if our pre cruise assessment and on board strategy has worked again.

Will monitor Emerald cruises closely to see where that is going with passenger behaviour.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Like I said, if some people are that concerned about their health  right now, the last place they should be is on a cruise ship. The vast majority are not at all following any of the suggested protocols the ship has posted. Why they take the chance and then complain about others not doing likewise is similar to dressing in the DR. 😄 

Since you have to ask, many cruisers are stuck with FCC with expiry dates. Walking away from $000's in FCC is hardly an option.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sfaaa said:

Since you have to ask, many cruisers are stuck with FCC with expiry dates. Walking away from $000's in FCC is hardly an option.

Why cruise at all if health is any concern. 

Those FCC's will all be credited back to your account anyway. There's no need to cruise since you'll get your money back. 

2 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Agreed. Most of mine expire 12/31/22 & the final 2804 expire 5/1/23. Now I understand some can be surrendered for cash but barely half of them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Those FCC's will all be credited back to your account anyway. There's no need to cruise since you'll get your money back. 

Is that the case? I thought the fact that they give you a date by which you must book and cruise to use your FCC's was a case of use them or lose them.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Why cruise at all if health is any concern. 

Not true for me.

Mine we’re ALL non refundable.  All with expiry.

Recently I used Cruise With Confidence Policy to cancel my 14 day cruise. 

My FCC (some of them) had the expiry date extended to September 30/23.  
They all say “Payment”, but some still have expiry of December 31/22.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

Is there an "Elevator rank of entitlement" ?  Is that posted at the elevators like the 'dress code' at mdr?

- first come , first serve - wait your turn, I was here first

- pregnant women

- wheelchair

- cane

- others ?

If there is a rank the first people allowed should be anyone who is not physically able do the stairs (for any reason) followed by people who can do stairs but don’t want to. I’m a wheelchair user and when cruising have often had 8-10 elevators arrive before there’s room for me, so please if you can do stairs then leave the elevators for those who have no choice and must use them. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DebbieMacG said:

If there is a rank the first people allowed should be anyone who is not physically able do the stairs (for any reason) followed by people who can do stairs but don’t want to. I’m a wheelchair user and when cruising have often had 8-10 elevators arrive before there’s room for me, so please if you can do stairs then leave the elevators for those who have no choice and must use them. 

When we've cruised with our son who is in a wheelchair (broke his neck when he was 20) people have been very good about letting him on the elevator. Maybe it was because he was relatively young (in his 30's at the time) but people were very good about it. We often took the stairs and met him where he was getting off.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Thrak said:

When we've cruised with our son who is in a wheelchair (broke his neck when he was 20) people have been very good about letting him on the elevator. Maybe it was because he was relatively young (in his 30's at the time) but people were very good about it. We often took the stairs and met him where he was getting off.

Most people are great, but some…. Well the less said the better.

I have some mobility, but due to spine injuries and now frequent mini strokes choose to use a wheelchair most of the time (it is easier the falling down all the time) and have been abused “ohhh you needed a wheelchair to …. But now can walk fine (if fine includes a Walker or sticks” besides everything else no idea how I am meant to get my wheelchair on board if not drive the thing.

On 4/7/2022 at 5:07 PM, Thrak said:

As for overcrowding the elevator by rude people, I wonder if one could get a loud fart sound effect on their phone and discretely set it off. Perhaps that would help to clear some folks out of the elevator.

May I borrow that idea?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, DebbieMacG said:

The problem is a great deal of the time you can’t tell if someone can take the stairs or not.  I unfortunately had a heart attack at a young age.  Not long after that I was on a Princess excursion to Alcatraz and the tram was full with one elderly passenger unable to board.  The driver stood up, pointed at me, and told me to get off and walk up the hill so the other person could ride the tram.  Needless to say, I was super upset when I had to announce in front of everyone that I had recently had a heart attack (I didn’t know what else to do).  You just never know what someone has been through by looking at them.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, dog said:

Not true for me.

Mine we’re ALL non refundable.  All with expiry.

Recently I used Cruise With Confidence Policy to cancel my 14 day cruise. 

My FCC (some of them) had the expiry date extended to September 30/23.  
They all say “Payment”, but some still have expiry of December 31/22.

That's the first time I realized that.

I received my money back for older FCC's I bought a long time ago.

I'll have to take a closer look at my recent purchases to see when they expire. 

When did they change their format?

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The problem is a great deal of the time you can’t tell if someone can take the stairs or not.  I unfortunately had a heart attack at a young age.  Not long after that I was on a Princess excursion to Alcatraz and the tram was full with one elderly passenger unable to board.  The driver stood up, pointed at me, and told me to get off and walk up the hill so the other person could ride the tram.  Needless to say, I was super upset when I had to announce in front of everyone that I had recently had a heart attack (I didn’t know what else to do).  You just never know what someone has been through by looking at them.

I totally agree and that’s why I said “for any reason” I’d never judge anyone using the elevators as you never know why they are and it’s their business. I’m sorry you had such a horrible experience.

• Like 1

Just now, DebbieMacG said:

I totally agree and that’s why I said “for any reason” I’d never judge anyone using the elevators as you never know why they are and it’s their business. I’m sorry you had such a horrible experience.

Thank you and I know that you didn’t mean anything bad.  Just so you know, I do let other people ride in front of me because I know how hard it is for wheelchair users and people using walkers.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:41 PM, ontheweb said:

Or take the stairs. And the exercise is good for you. 😉

Not everyone can take the stairs. I look perfectly healthy and can walk for miles but I have two dodgy knees which means I can’t walk up and down stairs. If too many people are trying to squash in the lift I would have to face the other way and would be wearing a mask. Won’t we all be glad when this Covid is over or as over as it’s ever going to be. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

You may be confusing FCD which you buy and are refundable with FCC issued by cruise line which are not generally refundable…at least in our country!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Not everyone can take the stairs. I look perfectly healthy and can walk for miles but I have two dodgy knees which means I can’t walk up and down stairs. If too many people are trying to squash in the lift I would have to face the other way and would be wearing a mask. Won’t we all be glad when this Covid is over or as over as it’s ever going to be. 

I realize that there are passengers who cannot take the stairs, and that they are not always recognizable, but there are also passengers who can take the stairs. If they did, not only would they get good exercise, but that would also leave less of a crowd for the elevators.

And of course I agree that we should all be glad when Covid is over. Soon, we all hope.

6 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And of course I agree that we should all be glad when Covid is over. Soon, we all hope.

As time goes on, there will be fewer cases 🤞

However, it's never going away...remember the flu? Huge pandemic in 1918, millions died. Today, it's 1000s, but never zero.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Mine have always had expiry dates. I got back taxes, fees, water purchases to my credit card. All the re St t FCC non refundable. The info is on page where it shows your cancelled cruise.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:48 AM, JimmyVWine said:

These people are employing safety strategies that allow them to travel, not ones that disqualify them from traveling.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:46 AM, JeffT237 said:

So accurate and thanks for acknowledging that.  So often we make comments without really knowing other's situation.  I think a lot of the entitlement issues comes from that, we only focus on ourselves and our own enjoyment or convenience.  My wife has been immunocompromised for almost 30 years. She has had to deal with protecting her personal health and safety well before Covid, so travel for her can be difficult and takes a lot of planning and precautions. I'm grateful that she takes such good care of herself  and we've been blessed to travel quite a bit as well as enjoying cruising. We know the risks, take precautions that we need to take and she certainly doesn't ask for any special treatment.  But to expect that we should not participate in life because of other's opinions on whether we should travel or not is a little extreme, perhaps even entitled.  She chooses to live the life she has with her health issues, she doesn't hide from it. 

@coo359a2 posted: 

Common sense says me wearing a mask doesn't hurt anyone  - either me or someone else.  Why  can't people do what they are comfortable with as long as it isn't hurting someone else.

I realize the thread has moved on to new topics (i.e. elevators), but I was catching up a couple of pages back.  There were posts like the above samples and some arguments, but I read the posts like the above that the posters taking extra precautions for their own comfort and peace-of-mind are NOT expecting others to do the same (go extra beyond the rules). 

If there is any judgment to be done by travelers, it seems to me should be confined to anyone not following required protocols and shouldn't extend to folks who don't feel it necessary to go beyond that.  In other words, a guest may only be comfortable enjoying a cruise being double-masked everywhere on the ship, while others are perfectly comfortable walking around and sitting on the open decks and not wearing a mask where not required.  Neither group should be judging the other nor expecting them to conform to their definition of personal comfort/safety.  As for the thought that the more cautious folks should be waiting to travel, well I'd say only if they expect everyone else to act as they do and I have not seen any post suggesting that at all.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

@coo359a2 posted: 

Common sense says me wearing a mask doesn't hurt anyone  - either me or someone else.  Why  can't people do what they are comfortable with as long as it isn't hurting someone else.

I realize the thread has moved on to new topics (i.e. elevators), but I was catching up a couple of pages back.  There were posts like the above samples and some arguments, but I read the posts like the above that the posters taking extra precautions for their own comfort and peace-of-mind are NOT expecting others to do the same (go extra beyond the rules). 

I do appreciate your sentiments in the above posting, but actually, the original posting about entitled pax was regarding packing the elevators and not following the rule of 6 max in the elevators.  Then it moved on to people who cut lines.

The general conversation about masking became somewhat of a thread drift as well as the discussions about who should be able to use an elevator and who should be using the stairs instead.  IMHO, the masking debates have been beaten to death on many other threads.

• Like 1