Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

1 hour ago, rachiem said:

Must remember to add a plate on my packing list next month!

Funny timing to read this. We just did a road trip and knew that we’d likely be eating a number of takeout dinners in our hotel room. So we brought a picnic set of plates, cups, and utensils. It really did make a difference.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hope you are both doing well this beautiful morning.   We have been wearing masks 100% of the Ship except when eating and drinking so hoping it helps.    This virus is so virulent that there are so many cross over case.

Let me know if you need anything ashore and we can pick it up and have it sent to your room.    Do you recall who your Butler was?

As an aside our Room Attendant was replaced last evening,   I asked the new one if something happened and he said yes but didn't know what he was just instructed to take over.   

It looks like a great day, wish I could get some sun today, maybe you can bring some of that back for us! 😂

Our butler was Youness and room attendant was I Ketut, hopefully neither of them went into isolation.

Hope you both have a great day

• Haha 1

Day 4 update...

I suppose I should start by clarifying my name as there seems to be much confusion. I am the OP and my name is David. My husband is Steven and he has posted on his own account a couple of times on here. Hopefully that clears up the who's who.

Anyway, I woke up today feeling about 95% back to normal. Just had to blow my nose a couple of times but the Covid fog brain is gone and all of my energy is back. Temperature and vitals checked by the doctor this morning were all normal. It's ashame I'm going to have to stay here for at least a couple more days, wish they would let you out the moment you tested negative.

My husband (Steven) is still symptomatic as expected. No fever but he has congestion and is tired. He usually recovers from illness much faster than I do so I wouldn't be surprised if he bounces back quickly.

Today we are in the Azores. It was going to be a special day for us. A very close friend of ours was due to fly in from Boston to act as a local tour guide and take us all over the island as he is originally from the Azores. Unfortunately, we don't get to see him or the island today, just have to figure out how to get back here one day. But at least we get this magnificent view of the island from our little window. 😂

Hope everyone has a great day today.

PXL_20220416_143111349.jpg

• Like 22

We are out whale watching  beautiful and sunny. Will bring some back and send it back to you virtually.  

Curious what the first symptoms were?   Did you loose sense of smell which use to be footstool symptom. 

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are out whale watching  beautiful and sunny. Will bring some back and send it back to you virtually.  

I hope you see some whales, as apparently Spring is the best time to see them in the Azores.

We were in Hawaii in March 2012 and were told it was too late in the season to see them.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious what the first symptoms were?   Did you loose sense of smell which use to be footstool symptom. 

Can't wait to see your pictures!

I woke up with a stuffed nose one day which isn't very unusual for me, it's a common problem I have. That night while sleeping I woke up in a pool of sweat and I was freezing cold with the chills, and an obvious fever. That's when I knew something was terribly wrong so I jumped in the shower and then called Medical.

I never lost my sense of taste or smell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, jetblue said:

I never lost my sense of taste or smell.

Neither did I, but my husband did, just for one day.
Neither of us had a temperature, I just  had the dry cough, but that’s not surprising, as I am asthmatic. I coughed for 4 days before I tested positive.

4 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Get a plate and cutlery from the buffet and keep in your room for emergencies

Priorities! My husband brought a champagne flute with him to the room because it's illegal to drink champagne out of a paper cup. He forgot the dinnerware and flatware though!

• Like 6
  • Haha 21

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Neither did I, but my husband did, just for one day.
Neither of us had a temperature, I just  had the dry cough, but that’s not surprising, as I am asthmatic. I coughed for 4 days before I tested positive.

I do find it interesting how there is no set standard to determine if you have this disease anymore. After I tested positive they kept testing my husband. He kept testing negative until the day he woke up with the sweats and chills like I did, that was the day he finally tested positive. I was always under the assumption that if it was in your system incubating, you would test positive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jetblue said:

But at least we get this magnificent view of the island from our little window. 😂

David, I am glad you have managed to keep up such a great attitude and a sense of humor.   Also happy you are feeling so much better, and I hope Steven has a quick recovery.

That's really a shame about missing your special day in the Azores.  Fortunately, they will still be there for another trip.  As will London.    (I know.  Little consolation after you have made all those plans.)

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, jetblue said:

I was always under the assumption that if it was in your system incubating, you would test positive.

That's true to some extent with PCR/NAAT tests, which have a lower standard for the amount of virus needed to trigger a positive.  Antigen tests will trigger later because they're designed to measure if you have enough active virus to be infectious to others.

• Thanks 2

Jetblue- first, you married a man who has his priorities in order- champagne flutes are important. Flatware? You have fingers- right? 

And second- think of the stories you will have to amuse/horrify people with on your future birthdays. You will always remember exactly where you were and what you were doing on your Xbirthday, 2022. 

Hope you are released from jail soon- and sorry about missing the Azores. Did your friend fly over anyway? Lisbon next- hopefully you will see it. We bailed on this cruise in Jan. Which turned out to be the correct decision for us as our connecting river cruise was on Crystal- and most of us know what happened there. But I still have a bit of a heart tug reading your stories and Jim's thinking that I was supposed to be there. 

PS- your pictures of the Azores certainly make me want to rush right over😜

Edited by 5waldos
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Jetblue- first, you married a man who has his priorities in order- champagne flutes are important. Flatware? You have fingers- right? 

And second- think of the stories you will have to amuse/horrify people with on your future birthdays. You will always remember exactly where you were and what you were doing on your Xbirthday, 2022. 

Hope you are released from jail soon- and sorry about missing the Azores. Did your friend fly over anyway? Lisbon next- hopefully you will see it. We bailed on this cruise in Jan. Which turned out to be the correct decision for us as our connecting river cruise was on Crystal- and most of us know what happened there. But I still have a bit of a heart tug reading your stories and Jim's thinking that I was supposed to be there. 

PS- your pictures of the Azores certainly make me want to rush right over😜

Hahaha if my husband could brush his teeth with champagne, he probably would.

My friend ended up staying in Boston, I sent him the same picture I posted here of the beautiful island paradise. Clearly he's very jealous of us! 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Being in port today I was afraid lunch might be a bit difficult but then I remembered, the retreat sun deck is still open! A phone call and 20 minutes later a turkey wrap and a croissant chicken sandwich arrived. Guess I'm not going to lose any weight from covid.

PXL_20220416_161233341.jpg

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, jetblue said:

Hahaha if my husband could brush his teeth with champagne, he probably would.

He definitely has his priorities right!  When this is all over, and you are home safe and sound, celebrate with something very special, like La Grande Dame from Veuve Clicquot. 

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

He definitely has his priorities right!  When this is all over, and you are home safe and sound, celebrate with something very special, like La Grande Dame from Veuve Clicquot. 

Believe it or not, his favorite will always be Montaudon. Everytime he tries a bottle of something fancy, he enjoys it, but then claims, "it's just not as good as Montaudon."

The day he found out Celebrity discontinued Montaudon it felt like we had lost our first born child. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, jetblue said:

Believe it or not, his favorite will always be Montaudon. Everytime he tries a bottle of something fancy, he enjoys it, but then claims, "it's just not as good as Montaudon."

The day he found out Celebrity discontinued Montaudon it felt like we had lost our first born child. 😂

My husband is the same way with Bourbon.  Although, he has tried higher priced ones his favorite remains Larceny.

• Haha 1

JetBlue. So sorry you are missing the Azores, but it just gives you the excuse to do this trip all over again next year. Just a quick  question if you have time. How long did Celebrity give you to pack some stuff to take to quarantine, or have all your belongings been packed and transferrred with you. Just wondering if the worst happens on our trip if it’s worth keeping a small emergency bag if essentials ready. 

12 minutes ago, jetblue said:

Wine, like food, is definitely subjective. 😊

My wife and I enjoyed Montaudon on Celebrity, and were also disappointed that it’s no longer available.  But they still have Domaine Chandon (at least they did in December), which is surprisingly good, especially for a lower priced sparkling wine. 

Cheers. 🥂

12 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

I completely agree. Quarantining passengers on deck 3 while quarantining new crew  members on

deck 6  balcony cabins was definitely not the correct plan of action! 

To be fair, this isn't the first thread of its type here in the X threads, and many prior reports were from pax who were isolated in balcony cabins.  I think where available, many X ships have tried to make the experience as comfortable as possible.  Unclear why a different deck, still near the elevator bank connected to medical, wasn't used here... but based upon other pax experiences, this isn't typical.  

• Like 2

Has the Captain ever announced the Covid passenger and crew positive rates. It was my understanding that this information is to be made public to the passengers on a daily bases. You mentioned in your original post the Captain was strangely silent. Just curious .......

Hope you both are feeling better and somehow Celebrity at least can move you to a balcony. 

All the best....See you on the next tack !

9 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Yeah... during the sweet spot between Delta and Omicron, we cruised four times, and they were among the best ever. Two were the top two ever. We booked a whole bunch more international travel, including cruises. We are due to leave Monday for a 62 day, 17 country, 5 cruise trip. We have a 57 day, 8 country, 2 continent, 4 cruise trip starting in late July. 

These trips seemed like a good idea in October. They seem less so now. 

Just wanted to say “good luck” and safe travels. Hope that all goes well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1