Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

@jetblue I'm very happy you are feeling better, and so sorry that your husband has now tested positive.  I hope he isn't feeling poorly, and that you both test negative soon.   

Were your original plans to stay on in Europe at all after the TA?  

Wishing you both good health, and thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Jetblue, sorry to hear that your cabin mate is now also positive.

Husband@jetblue has made it very clear that the person with whom he is traveling is his husband.  They are a married, gay male couple.   Thank you for respecting their relationship by using the correct terminology.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

I also initially had no idea OP was a male.   Many of us don’t follow cruise critic to the extent we would know whether OP was a male or female.   I was corrected but initially assumed the jet blue pilot was a female with a husband still in the suite.   We now know the OP is a male with a husband.

19 hours ago, jetblue said:

I must admit, this does help keep me entertained if I need to be locked in a room all day. Although, we lost satellite coverage for about 8 hours today so I found myself missing my new CC friends 

I was thinking of you yesterday with the outage.   I'm sure you were climbing the walls.   It's amazing how much we rely on the internet for everything.    The TV "entertainment" leaves much to choose from.

A very happy birthday.

You may get a chuckle out of this but last night a Single guy came in retreat wearing a mask.   I asked him if he was JetBlue Husband?   He looked at me add and I explained.  He said definitely not him as he hates to fly.    Luckily he wasn't offended and said his husband of 42 years was fine.   Real nice guy from Key West.  We ended up chatting for awhile.     I later said to Iain,   oh dear me... what if I had offended him and he wasn't gay. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

18 hours ago, akrenz said:

Wife and I were on the Silhouette for an 11 day Caribbean cruise immediately prior to the current Atlantic crossing.  Ship sailed at 1/2 passenger capacity.  At the evening theater event we attended after dinner on our first night at sea, audience was informed that the cruise director, "Tim" was in his final two days of a 10-day quarantine for Covid.  Also, "several" of the dancers were in Covid quarantine.  That said, my wife and I were EXTREMELY careful when we were outside of our cabin.  ALWAYS wore N95 masks in public except when dining or at the Martini bar.  We were in the minority of PAX that wore masks.  Used the elevators rather than the stairs as my wife has knee replacement surgery scheduled and stairs were uncomfortable for her.  We ALWAYS waited for an empty elevator.  We both had our Covid vaccinations (X2) and our boosters.  I felt that we were careful to the extreme.  Woke up with what I thought was a cold on disembarking day.  Didn't feel bad after taking a shower and dressing.  Skipped breakfast and left the ship for the airport.  Wife thought I should take an antigen test after arrival home but I waited until the next AM.  Tested positive!  She tested negative.  We both took a PCR test that afternoon and the with the results coming out positive for both of us.  I think Celebrity did all they were required to do for Covid prevention.  I fault the CDC for elimination of the mask requirement in public areas on cruise ships.  I would have liked to provide the above information to Celebrity but never received the survey that was supposed to be emailed within seven days.  Oh wait, I DID receive a rather lengthy survey on the Celebrity App!

No mask guideline is going to help you if you choose to eat in the dining rooms unmasked. When I read story after story of people taking all the right precautions like you did and were masked everywhere on board in public then they say they ate in the dining rooms unmasked it becomes clear where the transmission point was. I don't really fault anyone for eating in the dining rooms as you have little choice with so few outdoor dining options onboard, outdoor dining being weather dependent and only suites (and maybe only upper suites?) who can order room service from the dining rooms. But you taking an assumed risk when you choose to do that. That dining aspect and their quarantine policy are the two primary reasons why I moved my June cruises to 2023.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jetblue said:

Day 3 update, I woke up this morning feeling better. Still some congestion but the doctor confirmed the fever is completely gone. Unfortunately, my husband tested positive today so he will be joining me on deck 3. I also received confirmation that deck 6 balcony rooms are not available. Apparently, they used to isolate guests on deck 6 but recently changed the policy to use deck 3 only due to it's proximity to the medical center. I assume this might also have something to do with the fact that the next few sailings out of Southampton are nearly full.

The Captain finally made a Covid update announcement this morning. Less than 1% positive breakthrough cases, all mild symptoms. I am quite surprised I managed to get in the less than 1% especially since I've avoided mingling in crowds, should probably go buy a lottery ticket.

Breakfast this morning came from the Aqua Spa Cafe as someone on here recommended. I had the Antioxidant Smoothie and the avocado bruschetta.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sorry to hear about your husband.   Thanks for clarify the1%   I guess I misheard and thought he said 3% but I was listening through the room as I didn't get to open the door until he was past that.  

Are you going to stay with hubby or go back to the Suite?

You might also ask for some of the Almond Croissants (they aren't as good as other ships but good).     They also have some sticky buns that are really nice.   Our butler brought some today.   I think they have them at al Bachio and CC Breakfast.

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I am also very skeptical of the justification for Deck 3 being close to the medical center.  It certainly is closer, but Celebrity has certainly used Deck 6 in the past.  I was on an Oceania cruise in January and they allowed the people who tested  positive to stay in their own cabins.  Perhaps they have a lot of people or crew in isolation on Deck 6?    Someone on board could put in a mask and see what deck 6 looks like at this point.  I suspect most of it may be blocked off.   
anyone reading this thread currently staying on Deck 6?

Moving infected people from their suite/balcony to an Overview or inside cabin on Deck 3 certainly is not encouraging people to report any mild sickness.  (And being tested by ship personnel) I certainly would not travel today without several home self test kits.  

Jetblue, sorry to hear that your cabin mate is now also positive.  Once you are symptom free good luck with your test.  Antigen test?

Rapid PCR

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

@jetblue I'm very happy you are feeling better, and so sorry that your husband has now tested positive.  I hope he isn't feeling poorly, and that you both test negative soon.   

Were your original plans to stay on in Europe at all after the TA?  

Wishing you both good health, and thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences.

Yes, we were hoping to spend some time in London, my husband has never been. Now we will probably look to get home ASAP.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was thinking of you yesterday with the outage.   I'm sure you were climbing the walls.   It's amazing how much we rely on the internet for everything.    The TV "entertainment" leaves much to choose from.

A very happy birthday.

You may get a chuckle out of this but last night a Single guy came in retreat wearing a mask.   I asked him if he was JetBlue Husband?   He looked at me add and I explained.  He said definitely not him as he hates to fly.    Luckily he wasn't offended and said his husband of 42 years was fine.   Real nice guy from Key West.  We ended up chatting for awhile.     I later said to Iain,   oh dear me... what if I had offended him and he wasn't gay. 

Hahaha oh that's too funny. I hate that we feel like we're walking on eggshells regarding relationships, shouldn't be a thing in 2022. We're only in our 30's so 42 years of marriage would be pretty much impossible unless my husband has been lying about his age 😂

Hope you and Iain are staying healthy, I'm looking forward to my quarantine lobster tonight.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry to hear about your husband.   Thanks for clarify the1%   I guess I misheard and thought he said 3% but I was listening through the room as I didn't get to open the door until he was past that.  

Are you going to stay with hubby or go back to the Suite?

You might also ask for some of the Almond Croissants (they aren't as good as other ships but good).     They also have some sticky buns that are really nice.   Our butler brought some today.   I think they have them at al Bachio and CC Breakfast.

If I test negative I'll definitely head back to the suite. I need some fresh air.

Those sound delightful! Feel free to send any care packages from your butler to 3137. 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I also initially had no idea OP was a male.   Many of us don’t follow cruise critic to the extent we would know whether OP was a male or female.   I was corrected but initially assumed the jet blue pilot was a female with a husband still in the suite.   We now know the OP is a male with a husband.

If you looked at his original post, he signed it David 

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, jetblue said:

Yes, we were hoping to spend some time in London, my husband has never been. Now we will probably look to get home ASAP.

Now that you have both tested positive you should be fine traveling in London. The Celebrity doctor will likely give you a letter saying you are fine to fly and that, along with your positive test means you won’t have to test to go back to the US……hopefully you do enjoy some time in London after the cruise

• Like 5

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I am also very skeptical of the justification for Deck 3 being close to the medical center.  It certainly is closer, but Celebrity has certainly used Deck 6 in the past.  I was on an Oceania cruise in January and they allowed the people who tested  positive to stay in their own cabins.  Perhaps they have a lot of people or crew in isolation on Deck 6?    Someone on board could put in a mask and see what deck 6 looks like at this point.  I suspect most of it may be blocked off.   
anyone reading this thread currently staying on Deck 6?

The whole of Deck 6 is blocked off. All access doors are closed with ‘crew only’ signs on them. I was booked into 6118 but only discovered I’d been moved when my boarding pass wouldn’t scan at the terminal. It seems the decision to block the deck was made some time ago but there was a comms failure somewhere.

• Like 1

Tonight's quarantine cruisine meal was a good one. All from Luminae: Watermelon and feta bruschetta, lobster, and a deconstructed black forest cake... After all, I am still on a cruise and you are required to order dessert as you all know!

Food delivery continues to be amazingly super fast. If you ask for food to be delivered at 8pm, *knock knock* on the door at 7:59pm. Kudos to Celebrity for continuing to keep us well fed.

PXL_20220415_233552000.jpg

PXL_20220415_234057227.jpg

PXL_20220415_235752744.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

That dining aspect and their quarantine policy are the two primary reasons why I moved my June cruises to 2023

You do know the quarantine policy will be in place FOREVER and I mean FOREVER.  They have never lifted quarantine for noro so why lift it for this?

Edited by ace2542

I'm so sorry you are going though this.

It's just flat out WRONG that you have been put in a cabin with no fresh air.  It's not about anything but money.  Royal is apparently doing the same thing, which is discouraging.

For once Holland has FAR surpassed Celebrity on something.  They are quarantining in balcony cabins, not insides or oceanviews.  Far better experience and gives one more options than just staring at 4 walls for 5-10 days. 

I hope you test negative at day 5.  

• Like 7

Hi all.

So does anyone know if in that circumstance where only one of a couple are quarantined, if the "free" person can load up a couple of plates of food from the buffet (or even order an extra meal while in the MDR), and then ask someone to have it delivered to the prisoner?

We are on the June 11th out of Southampton to Iceland, and I'm trying not to stress out about these positive cases. Bringing eMed tests with. May upgrade to better wifi.  Scheduled to fly out after disembarkation.  Just moved our other cruises to 2023. I think my TA is gonna have a nervous breakdown.

thanks for all the info supplied on these threads.

Jetblue- agree that they would look better nicely plated but nevermind- now I am hungry!!! 

How's husband doing? Hopefully you both had the newest variant which usually is like a cold. Doesn't get over the quarantine but goes quickly.

I am soooooo tired of this damn virus. But continue to do everything possible to keep myself and others safe. On the other hand- you will both most likely be safe at least for the time of your travels. Silver lining department. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jetblue I am sorry for you and your husband. Bless you both as you recover from it. I have a silly question, are you allowed unlimited pay for view movie?  I leave for the Reflection Sunday for it's T/A and am booked n Deck 3, I think. Who knows if we have been moved!  One question please, Can you tell me what free movies and what pay for view are showing onboard? Thanks very much and enjoy your cruise the best you can!

43 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I'm so sorry you are going though this.

It's just flat out WRONG that you have been put in a cabin with no fresh air.  It's not about anything but money.  Royal is apparently doing the same thing, which is discouraging.

For once Holland has FAR surpassed Celebrity on something.  They are quarantining in balcony cabins, not insides or oceanviews.  Far better experience and gives one more options than just staring at 4 walls for 5-10 days. 

I hope you test negative at day 5.  

All the air is fresh now as the ship's Aircon no longer recirculates any - in one side and out the other. Yes a balcony would be more pleasant or as someone else suggested connecting rooms so you could at least wander around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bluecruisin said:

Jetblue I am sorry for you and your husband. Bless you both as you recover from it. I have a silly question, are you allowed unlimited pay for view movie?  I leave for the Reflection Sunday for it's T/A and am booked n Deck 3, I think. Who knows if we have been moved!  One question please, Can you tell me what free movies and what pay for view are showing onboard? Thanks very much and enjoy your cruise the best you can!

Have you checked your reservation to see if you have a new cabin assigned?