Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

39 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Doubtful that will ever happen, but wouldn't it be nice if people considered their fellow man when ill and masked up themselves and stayed away from others.    

It too late to rein the spread in now. But maybe they should have been jumping on people who sneezed and coughed. It is probably infected half the ship by now

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

He definitely has his priorities right!  When this is all over, and you are home safe and sound, celebrate with something very special, like La Grande Dame from Veuve Clicquot. 

When I packed you bet I pulled my bottle of La Grande Dame from the ice bucket. 🍾 (Still contained several glasses worth.) Hand carried it to jail. Alas, used a glass from the bathroom to finish it off. 🙀

• Like 1

Alright, quarantine cruisine time for tonight, all from Luminae. Might need @Jim_Iainor anyone else onboard confirm that I got the right dessert, looks a little odd, but hey at least we got bread and butter tonight!

Chilled Cauliflower Soup

PXL_20220416_234738275.thumb.jpg.43d1c35e6c476ff39d4f618077e39ef7.jpg

Aleppo-honey glazed salmon

PXL_20220416_235955903.thumb.jpg.4d8421dd77239c57138a4ae34dd237d4.jpg

Green Apple Dessert

PXL_20220417_002635387.thumb.jpg.4ea18ab684ae547d29280b28329c18d5.jpg

Carbs

PXL_20220417_000458307_MP.thumb.jpg.dd92e41c9e7164f24d39e2ae2a4477a2.jpg

• Like 6

Also want to add that someone on the ship tracked down the Captain and the Hotel Director to ask about the room situation for us. The Hotel Director said the CDC requires them to use the rooms only on deck 3 because if they were to put us in balcony rooms on deck 6, the opening and closing of doors causes pressurization issues and possibly cross contaminating other people... I have a lot of questions about that (especially since we know they are doing it on other ships) but seems like there is no good to come out of reasoning with them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think they are selling you a line.  My understanding is that HAL quarantines you in your own cabin.  At the start of the year - deck 6 was a quarantine deck.  
it’s sad that Celebrity who had the best Covid policy at the re-start has sunken to such a poor performance.  Quarantine is painful enough without being left isolated in a cabin that doesn’t have access to the outside. Celebrity can and should do better!!!

JetBlue is a trooper and deserves better!

Edited by luv4cruises
  • Like 19

17 minutes ago, jetblue said:

Also want to add that someone on the ship tracked down the Captain and the Hotel Director to ask about the room situation for us. The Hotel Director said the CDC requires them to use the rooms only on deck 3 because if they were to put us in balcony rooms on deck 6, the opening and closing of doors causes pressurization issues and possibly cross contaminating other people... I have a lot of questions about that (especially since we know they are doing it on other ships) but seems like there is no good to come out of reasoning with them.

One of the oddities that are being mentioned by Celebrity Representatives regarding CDC requirements is ...what authority does the CDC have on a ship registered in a foreign country, sailing in international waters, outbound from the U.S. and remaining out of the U.S for a significant period of time?  Proof and point, the CDC is no longer color coding the silhouette.

In any event, Jetblue, your attitude throughout this hole ordeal has been exemplary. Beginning now to argue with the staff, would likely not enhance your conditions or your experience. 

I really hope that you and your husband will have a bit of good news soon, allowing you to enjoy your suite a bit, prior to cruise end. 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and good luck! 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, jetblue said:

Alright, quarantine cruisine time for tonight, all from Luminae. Might need @Jim_Iainor anyone else onboard confirm that I got the right dessert, looks a little odd, but hey at least we got bread and butter tonight!

Chilled Cauliflower Soup

PXL_20220416_234738275.thumb.jpg.43d1c35e6c476ff39d4f618077e39ef7.jpg

Aleppo-honey glazed salmon

PXL_20220416_235955903.thumb.jpg.4d8421dd77239c57138a4ae34dd237d4.jpg

Green Apple Dessert

PXL_20220417_002635387.thumb.jpg.4ea18ab684ae547d29280b28329c18d5.jpg

Carbs

PXL_20220417_000458307_MP.thumb.jpg.dd92e41c9e7164f24d39e2ae2a4477a2.jpg

Does not look like a suite level  meal...sorry.  may taste great but presentation is 

Cardboard basic..Are you allowed to ask for a second roll m soup or serving of food?  Sorry you are still in quarantine..how much longer?

As I now understand it, on Holland American if you test positive you stay in your cabin.   Guess this means any person(s) sharing your cabin will also be forced to quarantine and will most definitely catch COVID from you.     At least Celebrity gives your cabin mates(s) the option of remaining in your assigned cabin.   Going forward anyone cruising on Celebrity should expect to be quarantined in an Oceanview cabin at least on the “S” class ships.    If you don’t  agree with the policy you should cancel your cruise(s).    You can cruise on another line where you agree with their COVID isolation policy.

• Like 4

On 4/13/2022 at 2:44 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Not much of a consolation but you will receive compensation for the days in isolation, I believe FCC.  You may want to have your DH inquire with the suite manager at some point so you receive before you disembark.  It's always difficult to resolve these things after you are home.

@jetblueWishing you both a speedy recovery and release from isolation.  Based on personal experience of being contact traced on the last evening of our October 2021 sailing on Equinox you should receive a prorated refund for all days you and your husband are isolated.  My partner and I were told this while still on board.  Being the last evening of the cruise we did not have an opportunity to chase down the refund while still on board.  We were too busy eating our last Luminae supper in our suite while we chased down our test results.  If you feel up to it I would take the advice of @wrk2cruise and reach out to The Retreat Manager to see if a resolution can be realized before disembarkation.  Sadly I had to chase down the refund through multiple phone calls to Celebrity after waiting a couple weeks and not hearing from anyone .  I was told there are only a limited number of people that deal with these issues.  Make the call very early in the morning, be firm, and stand your ground when negotiating your refund on the phone call.  These people do work for Celebrity after all.  Know in advance your total price per person per night including tax because they will try to avoid refunding the tax if they are anything like the Captain's Club rep I had on the phone.  The refund can take a couple weeks.  She was able to refund any credit card of our choice since our original card had been compromised.  Sadly The Retreat pricing on future cruises is through the roof.  The money aspect of this is certainly not as important as the health and welfare of the passengers and crew, but I thought this should be mentioned.  I had not noticed much discussed about it in this thread.  There have been other postings regarding the topic of isolation and prorated refunds.  Happy Belated Birthday!  Hopefully you are not going too stir crazy.  Did you watch House of Gucci yet?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Does not look like a suite level  meal...sorry.  may taste great but presentation is 

Cardboard basic..Are you allowed to ask for a second roll m soup or serving of food?  Sorry you are still in quarantine..how much longer?

You can ask for as much as you want of anything you want and it gets delivered super fast. Hopefully just a couple more days but who knows.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rachiem said:

We sail next month and I’m cancelling down their tours to do safer DIY ones with no contact tracing

WE sail on Friday. I have done the same with the exception of a phenomenal experience in Cartagena with the Chef and followed up with a dinner later on. 
The cost is steep so I am hoping that there are few people on it. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

@jetblueWishing you both a speedy recovery and release from isolation.  Based on personal experience of being contact traced on the last evening of our October 2021 sailing on Equinox you should receive a prorated refund for all days you and your husband are isolated.  My partner and I were told this while still on board.  Being the last evening of the cruise we did not have an opportunity to chase down the refund while still on board.  We were too busy eating our last Luminae supper in our suite while we chased down our test results.  If you feel up to it I would take the advice of @wrk2cruise and reach out to The Retreat Manager to see if a resolution can be realized before disembarkation.  Sadly I had to chase down the refund through multiple phone calls to Celebrity after waiting a couple weeks and not hearing from anyone .  I was told there are only a limited number of people that deal with these issues.  Make the call very early in the morning, be firm, and stand your ground when negotiating your refund on the phone call.  These people do work for Celebrity after all.  Know in advance your total price per person per night including tax because they will try to avoid refunding the tax if they are anything like the Captain's Club rep I had on the phone.  The refund can take a couple weeks.  She was able to refund any credit card of our choice since our original card had been compromised.  Sadly The Retreat pricing on future cruises is through the roof.  The money aspect of this is certainly not as important as the health and welfare of the passengers and crew, but I thought this should be mentioned.  I had not noticed much discussed about it in this thread.  There have been other postings regarding the topic of isolation and prorated refunds.  Happy Belated Birthday!  Hopefully you are not going too stir crazy.  Did you watch House of Gucci yet?

Thanks for the advice, I did receive the letter regarding the refund and it does specifically say prorated based on the cruise fare only so I'm not expecting a refund on the port taxes. I believe they told me it would be handled after the cruise but I'll see if I can find an answer while onboard.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thameside said:

Hi All

Myself and DW are both in Isolation onboard the Silouette, since yesterday, and located on deck 3 and all as described by JetBlue. We tested positive yesterday and as of this afternoon just over 1% of positive cases onboard, announced by the Captain. We are now on our way to Lisbon and at present only feeling a heavy cold and coughing. Our meals are all delivered in cardboard boxes and everything from the room has to be put into pink hazardous waste bags for collection and disposing of.

Unlike JetBlue we were only in Aqua room on deck 11 with all that affords but all the same now in ocean view with basic amenities feels a miserable.

I hope you get out of Isolation soon JetBlue, we won’t until we reach home in Southampton, but at least we will be home. Whilst on this cruise they just cancelled our booking for Japan cruise in October, but might be a blessing in disguise as may have cancelled. 

Just to finish, hardly any masks are being worn around the ship, other than crew, as they are not mandatory, but would have felt that they would have reapplied the rule as it is likely that figures will rise fairly rapidly, if they are not careful. They do not seem to have introduced any enhanced protocols to try to get on top of it.

Hope you only have a mild dose and recover soon. 

I'm booked on the Silhouette from Southampton on Thursday next. I suffer from a little claustrophobia and while I would just about be able to deal with quarantine in  a balcony cabin I could not hack it in  an ocean view with no way to open the window and let fresh air in. I'm going to cancel now.  I booked in November last with my booking including all the Covid guarantees.  However with these guarantees no longer available on the website for new bookings I am unclear of my cover and my travel agent unavailable over the Easter weekend. As I recall I can cancel within 2 days of the cruise without a reason and get full cruise credit. Can anyone please confirm this to me?  Thanks  

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

As I now understand it, on Holland American if you test positive you stay in your cabin.   Guess this means any person(s) sharing your cabin will also be forced to quarantine and will most definitely catch COVID from you.     At least Celebrity gives your cabin mates(s) the option of remaining in your assigned cabin.   Going forward anyone cruising on Celebrity should expect to be quarantined in an Oceanview cabin at least on the “S” class ships.    If you don’t  agree with the policy you should cancel your cruise(s).    You can cruise on another line where you agree with their COVID isolation policy.

We're on Holland America right now, and you are NOT allowed to stay in your cabin if you test positive, and never have been since the re-start.  And, it's called "isolation" if you test positive and have to be isolated.  And HAL also gives your cabin mates, if they test negative, the opportunity to stay in the original cabin.

Edited by 12cruise2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

I'm booked on the Silhouette from Southampton on Thursday next. I suffer from a little claustrophobia and while I would just about be able to deal with quarantine in  a balcony cabin I could not hack it in  an ocean view with no way to open the window and let fresh air in. I'm going to cancel now.  I booked in November last with my booking including all the Covid guarantees.  However with these guarantees no longer available on the website for new bookings I am unclear of my cover and my travel agent unavailable over the Easter weekend. As I recall I can cancel within 2 days of the cruise without a reason and get full cruise credit. Can anyone please confirm this to me?  Thanks  

Double check with your TA. It looks as though you would qualify for Cruise With Confidence based on when you booked. You must cancel within 48 hours. Use the below schedule to know when you must cancel. I used the CWC this week for a cruise out of Italy next month. 

FDB33804-312B-4646-9993-D60F83991A32.png

14 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Double check with your TA. It looks as though you would qualify for Cruise With Confidence based on when you booked. You must cancel within 48 hours. Use the below schedule to know when you must cancel. I used the CWC this week for a cruise out of Italy next month. 

FDB33804-312B-4646-9993-D60F83991A32.png

Thank you!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Quarantine them in a balcony cabin would be a good start, as other lines are doing.

On Constellation my quarantine was in a balcony.  One other piece of info is that when testing for CoVid they also test for Flu A, Flu B and RSV to rule those out as a cause for the symptoms.

Edited by SbbquilterUT
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Perhaps it is something they feel they can't get on top of in the time they have left? And they probably can't to be fair.

Another inconsistency within Celebrity. On the Equinox last week when we reached 1% the Capt announced we would be following CDC guidelines because we reached the 1% threshold. One of those requirements was masking in all indoor public areas and discontinuing bar service in the theatre. 

Celebrity is starting to look a bit questionable in their consistent adherence and application of regulation with the inconsistencies in the public areas and on ship excursions. 🧐

• Like 1

Hi david

Only heard of your situation today so sorry you and Steven have got caught by this. 
sounds like the staff are doing the best they can for you apart of course from having some fresh air. That is most disappointing and we shall have to reconsider the transpacific we have booked for October. Knowing the risks and having to isolate is one thing but having to do it with only a window view is quite another

hope you both get released soon and get a chance for a few more worldies before the cruise ends

all our love

david and Carole

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jetblue said:

Priorities! My husband brought a champagne flute with him to the room because it's illegal to drink champagne out of a paper cup. He forgot the dinnerware and flatware though!

🤣 That actually made me laugh out loud! I think I’d probably do the same in all honesty… that and raid all the good toiletries…!

Thanks for sharing your experience, @jetblue - it’s quite an insight into what being quarantined is like! Hope you and Steven get back to 100% soon and can enjoy the rest of your cruise! 😊🛳️🍾

Cheers,

Brendan

• Like 2

8 hours ago, farawayatsea said:

You are correct with regard to cancellation. We are due to sail on the same cruise on Thursday and are considering canceling.  The only problem as far as we are concerned is the option to rebbk only applies up to 1 year .  We would have liked to transfer to the same cruise next year but the Siloette only comes across to Europe in May next year.  Other dates this year are already taken up by other holidays.  This means we will probably have to sail as planned on Thursday but we will be fully masked at all times

7 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

On Constellation my quarantine was in a balcony.  One other piece of info is that when testing for CoVid they also test for Flu A, Flu B and RSV to rule those out as a cause for the symptoms.

It’s nice to know that Celebrity tests for those other contagious diseases.  I presume if you test positive for those other diseases you are not quarantined and you are free to move about the ship and interact with the other passengers.  🤔

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

That's refreshing to hear, hopefully they will do this more on ALL the ships.