Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

12 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

I think they are selling you a line.  My understanding is that HAL quarantines you in your own cabin.  At the start of the year - deck 6 was a quarantine deck.  
it’s sad that Celebrity who had the best Covid policy at the re-start has sunken to such a poor performance.  Quarantine is painful enough without being left isolated in a cabin that doesn’t have access to the outside. Celebrity can and should do better!!!

JetBlue is a trooper and deserves better!

It think that's baloney too.  HAL isn't allowing  to quarantine in your own room but they ARE doing it with balcony rooms.  I know this because a dear friend just went through it on the Zuiderdam.  So, yes, it wasn't fun but at least she could be outside and enjoy the ocean air.    Why Celebrity is now making this so much harder for their LOYAL passengers is disturbing.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davidc5412 said:

Hi david

Only heard of your situation today so sorry you and Steven have got caught by this. 
sounds like the staff are doing the best they can for you apart of course from having some fresh air. That is most disappointing and we shall have to reconsider the transpacific we have booked for October. Knowing the risks and having to isolate is one thing but having to do it with only a window view is quite another

hope you both get released soon and get a chance for a few more worldies before the cruise ends

all our love

david and Carole

Thanks David and Carole. I hope you two are staying healthy! I still tell everyone about the great "last" cruise we had on the Solstice where the world was shut down but the toilet paper onboard was free flowing! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, 12cruise2 said:

We're on Holland America right now, and you are NOT allowed to stay in your cabin if you test positive, and never have been since the re-start.  And, it's called "isolation" if you test positive and have to be isolated.  And HAL also gives your cabin mates, if they test negative, the opportunity to stay in the original cabin.

But they DO quarantine in balcony rooms, our friend just went through it on Zuiderdam.

12 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

As I now understand it, on Holland American if you test positive you stay in your cabin.   Guess this means any person(s) sharing your cabin will also be forced to quarantine and will most definitely catch COVID from you.     At least Celebrity gives your cabin mates(s) the option of remaining in your assigned cabin.   Going forward anyone cruising on Celebrity should expect to be quarantined in an Oceanview cabin at least on the “S” class ships.    If you don’t  agree with the policy you should cancel your cruise(s).    You can cruise on another line where you agree with their COVID isolation policy.

That's not what happens on HAL.  The infected person goes to a balcony room in an area set aside  for this purpose and our friend did this.  Her husband, who was still negative could stay in their room and he did for the first 3 days and then tested positive and he was given the choice of joining his wife in her room or in the balcony room next to hers. which is what they chose.  A much better scenario than what X is doing.

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

It think that's baloney too.  HAL isn't allowing  to quarantine in your own room but they ARE doing it with balcony rooms.  I know this because a dear friend just went through it on the Zuiderdam.  So, yes, it wasn't fun but at least she could be outside and enjoy the ocean air.    Why Celebrity is now making this so much harder for their LOYAL passengers is disturbing.  

Covid is an equal opportunity MEDICAL issue— it doesn’t care if you are a LOYAL Celebrity passenger, or its your first time  ever cruise, it spreads to anyone vulnerable  in its path. To stop the disease onboard from spreading, infected people must be removed from the general public, as far away  as possible, and on a ship there are limited options. Its not a matter of loyalty, or comfort, or Retreat vs inside passengers, the priority is trying to keep thousands of people healthy. Unfortunately, the infected passengers are going to be inconvenienced ,  I think Celebrity is doing the best that it can under very trying circumstances. Would you expect an open window in a hospital room? Do you think that the hospital would give a choice of menus from several different restaurants or care about your champagne ?  Would a hospital give you upgraded wifi, movies or offer you games, etc? Is a hospital going to bring you a specialty martini or a lobster tail?   I think not

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

That's refreshing to hear, hopefully they will do this more on ALL the ships.

The rapid molecular rt-PCR test includes those things so when they test you for COVID it covers all.

Day 5 update and I wish I had better news. Unfortunately by covid test came back as positive despite having no more symptoms. This means I need to remain in isolation on deck 3 until we reach Southampton on Thursday.

I'm currently unsure as to next steps as I know the Celebrity website says they will cover on land hotels, food, and flights home but haven't been given information yet on how to take them up on that offer, more info soon hopefully.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, jetblue said:

Day 5 update and I wish I had better news. Unfortunately by covid test came back as positive despite having no more symptoms. This means I need to remain in isolation on deck 3 until we reach Southampton on Thursday.

I'm currently unsure as to next steps as I know the Celebrity website says they will cover on land hotels, food, and flights home but haven't been given information yet on how to take them up on that offer, more info soon hopefully.

I'm sorry the news wasn't better for you.  Hang in there and keep on top of what they're going to provide for you in the coming days.  Things will get better, I promise. 🙏

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

So, if testing is also being done for influenza, are positive passengers also quarantined?

They probably should quarantine passengers with Flu. Can't try to stop the spread of one without trying to stop the spread of the other

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

So, if testing is also being done for influenza, are positive passengers also quarantined?

It was in 2018.  We were on Solstice on a 16-night Australia-New Zealand cruise when DH was diagnosed with flu.  This was in March, and he had had his annual flu shot the previous September.  He was, indeed, quarantined for a couple of days in our cabin.  The nurse checked him regularly, and when he was fever-free for 24 hours, he was released from quarantine.  In an effort to get into port, we made it to the security area before his quarantine restriction was lifted in the security system.  A beeper went off when he scanned his card, and we had to wait until the medical center approved his going ashore.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jetblue said:

I am sorry to hear that Jetblue! 

Wishing you and your husband a speedy and full recovery and who knows, the opportunity to redo this sailing in more ideal circumstances.

Thank-you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Poconolady said:

Covid is an equal opportunity MEDICAL issue— it doesn’t care if you are a LOYAL Celebrity passenger, or its your first time  ever cruise, it spreads to anyone vulnerable  in its path. To stop the disease onboard from spreading, infected people must be removed from the general public, as far away  as possible, and on a ship there are limited options. Its not a matter of loyalty, or comfort, or Retreat vs inside passengers, the priority is trying to keep thousands of people healthy. Unfortunately, the infected passengers are going to be inconvenienced ,  I think Celebrity is doing the best that it can under very trying circumstances. Would you expect an open window in a hospital room? Do you think that the hospital would give a choice of menus from several different restaurants or care about your champagne ?  Would a hospital give you upgraded wifi, movies or offer you games, etc? Is a hospital going to bring you a specialty martini or a lobster tail?   I think not

Sorry but other lines are quarantining in balcony cabins, there is no reason that Celebrity can't do the same.   

We love Celebrity but they are not doing as good a job with this than other lines like Holland. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetblue said:

Oh, I'm sorry you tested positive again.  😪

It's been very kind of you to share your experience with us.  I hope you & your husband get well soon.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sippican said:

I understand chronic allergies well. I have asthma. As a common courtesy I were a mask when in social situations out of respect and courtesy towards others.

Another chronic allergy sufferer here. I take meds at night and every morning. It takes about an hour before the sneezing, coughing, throat clearing, and runny nose subside. On my last three cruises, I have allowed an hour every morning for the meds to work before I leave my cabin. I also wear a mask and plan to do so on Apex next week. My issue is that the mask makes my nose run and I am always having to find an out of the way place to take it off, usually the rest room, and blow my nose.  I am sure others think I am sick. Unfortunately today, if you have symptoms similar to Covid, everyone assumes that is what you have. 

• Like 11