Getting the most out of Princess plus

Jo and Rob

I plan on trying some new wines and enjoying traditional Mai Tais. I will also get "extra" shots in my espresso drinks in the morning. And of course, I can get decaf espresso in the evening.

We love the package as we can also get bottles water, etc.and not worry about monitoring our beverages.

On 4/17/2022 at 6:30 PM, Moondogy said:

I'm looking forward to our next cruise to try a Dirty Banana, It sounds really delicious from the reviews I read.

My wife's very favorite and she isn't a drinker.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 8:30 PM, Moondogy said:

I'm looking forward to our next cruise to try a Dirty Banana, It sounds really delicious from the reviews I read.

They're also loaded with calories. 🤪

It's easy to hit your daily calorie limit just drinking them alone even without eating al all. 😄

I found out the hard way & I'm now paying the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

It's easy to hit your daily calorie limit just drinking them alone even without eating al all. 😄

Also high in potassium which I also have to be careful with, but you only live once unless you're a cat 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Moondogy said:

Also high in potassium which I also have to be careful with, but you only live once unless you're a cat 🤣

I just had a complete blood test done for my next medical appointment & all is well.....considering what I ate & drank during March. 

No more long cruises for me. My waistline can't handle it. 

• Haha 1

I have yet to cruise with the Medallion feature.  Isn’t the idea with the Medallion is that you can order a drink from anyone on the ship from your phone?  It will be delivered right your current location, which I assume included your cabin.

So when people mention getting drinks from Room Service are they using the Medallion feature or regular room service via the phone.

I am a little surprised to hear that you can order several drinks (3-6 beers) at one time.  

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

I have yet to cruise with the Medallion feature.  Isn’t the idea with the Medallion is that you can order a drink from anyone on the ship from your phone?  It will be delivered right your current location, which I assume included your cabin.

If that's your location. They bring it to the location of the medallion. We found it easier to just go to the bar except for when we were in Princess live. Then the waitress would get out drinks. 

So when people mention getting drinks from Room Service are they using the Medallion feature or regular room service via the phone.

I believe you can use the TV to place your order also. we never did.

I am a little surprised to hear that you can order several drinks (3-6 beers) at one time.  

That's correct. 

See above.

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Someone else posted they put in an order for 4 beers and a couple of other drinks at one go and no issues at all. It makes sense to get one delivery I guess than multiple. I presume you can keep a few bottles of beer chilled in your fridge ?

What is the fridge situation btw on princess plus, do the contents count towards your daily count or are they 'extras' ? I can imagine room service getting a bit manic in that gap before dining. 

Edited by doog442

8 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Yes, but they're practically a health food, with the banana (potassium and magnesium) and crushed ice for hydration 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, doog442 said:

What is the fridge situation btw on princess plus, do the contents count towards your daily count or are they 'extras' ? I can imagine room service getting a bit manic in that gap before dining. 

They are not part of the package and are an upcharge to consume.  

41 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Someone else posted they put in an order for 4 beers and a couple of other drinks at one go and no issues at all. It makes sense to get one delivery I guess than multiple. I presume you can keep a few bottles of beer chilled in your fridge ?

Unless you're in a suite or and Elite Captain's Circle status guest, there isn't anything in your mini fridge. It's empty, except ice bucket.

The mini-bar setup for Suite or Elite guests is a perk completely unassociated with the Premier Beverage Package.

So, basically a non-issue.

And of course, you can keep any beverages you like in your mini fridge - whether you order through room service or bring them back to the room with you from a bar.  Every one you order, whether bar or room service, counts towards you beverage package (alcohol limited to 15 in 24 hours, nonalcoholic unlimited).

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2022 at 2:25 PM, nini said:

traditional Mai Tais

I am pleased to report that Princess now stocks actual orgeat (Monin or Torani so far) and thus one can have them make a *traditional* Mai Tai at Good Spirits, made with only fresh-squozed lime juice, rum, orgeat and curaçao as intended by Victor Bergeron himself.    Never again must we suffer with amaretto, grenadine and orange and pineapple juices. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

I am pleased to report that Princess now stocks actual orgeat (Monin or Torani so far) and thus one can have them make a *traditional* Mai Tai at Good Spirits, made with only fresh-squozed lime juice, rum, orgeat and curaçao as intended by Victor Bergeron himself.    Never again must we suffer with amaretto, grenadine and orange and pineapple juices. 

I had almost forgotten about orgeat! However, I have to say that I love the fruit juices too. It is very filling though.

What they call an Ultimate Mai Tai has as little relation to a Mai Tai as Toad in the Hole does to an actual toad. 

That said, it is improved as a broad “tropical punch” by holding the grenadine and adding passion fruit purée. 

4 hours ago, doog442 said:

Mini bars are totally separate from the package. Elites and full suites get them

I have certainly heard of people calculating their remaining drinks before retiring and getting unopened beers up to the 15 limit to stow in the cabin for future consumption.  Room Service can even be enlisted to the cause. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

I have certainly heard of people calculating their remaining drinks before retiring and getting unopened beers up to the 15 limit to stow in the cabin for future consumption.  Room Service can even be enlisted to the cause. 

It's always better to stock up on items for the fridge ahead of time. Room service can be so slow at peak times having a backup really helps out.

I only wish they would include a total number in the medallion app so I wouldn't have to keep asking. 

On 4/17/2022 at 4:06 PM, Jo and Rob said:

In the summer I will have Princess plus for the first time. I’d love to know from fellow cruisers about favourite drinks, any advice and feelings about it good and bad. 

many thanks 😊 

We have never done a drink package, but it seems that Princess Plus is so much more.  Once you subtract the Gratuities ($15) and Wi-Fi ($10), on our 10 day it comes out to $15 a day for 15 drinks...so really having even 2 drinks makes the package a good value.

As far as favorites, I enjoy a nice spicy Bloody Mary in the morning at the Wakeview Pool bar, a nice Mai Tai during the afternoon, and pre-dinner martini, a glass of wine or two with dinner, and a bourbon or scotch for a night cap.  That's 6-8 drinks on an average day, so well worth the package cost. 

Most of all...just enjoy your time on board!!! 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 5:15 AM, HappilyEverAft-ers said:

So we can order 6 beers (3 on each package) for room service?  We love to sit on our balcony on sea days and day drink, then nap. 

I just stock up my fridge.  Back from an excursion and heading to the cabin?  Heading back to the cabin from buffet breakfast? Grab a sealed bottle of beer from any bar you pass.

• Like 2