How long before individual Drink Prices increase.

link99

We have cruised three times since October, most recently last week, and have not noticed increases in drink prices.  As mentioned by @cargopilot $13 for a cocktail is a pretty decent price currently, but who knows? (Some individual premium drinks are higher).  Beer is also tops upwards of $7 and change. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, cargopilot said:

$13 per is already somewhat high, so increasing that won't go well, however increasing the ice cubes might help.

I agree, but I could have said the same thing about $600 for the drinks package on a 7-day cruise.  One of my friends refused to get the UBP because of price after RCI jacked up the prices a day or two ago.

My issue with increasing the individual drink prices would be the affect it has on the max dollar allowance for drinks in the package. DW and I drink more than enough to cover the package, so I'm not too concerned about a little increase there, but if they increase individual prices and leave the max allowance for the package at $12 or $13 so I have to pay on top of my package, I would be annoyed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

They're already doing this, not to mention smaller pours.

That's disappointed to hear.  I didn't so much mind paying per-drink prices because the bartenders were always very generous with their pours - pretty much serving doubles.

1 minute ago, rudeney said:

That's disappointed to hear.  I didn't so much mind paying per-drink prices because the bartenders were always very generous with their pours - pretty much serving doubles.

I like Manhattans on the Rocks.  The glass used to be filled, albeit with a large amount of ice.

On our last cruise, the glass was never filled.  One actually was less than half a glass, including the ice.

15 minutes ago, yogimax said:

....not to mention smaller pours.

We have not experienced smaller pours on our last three Oasis, Allure, and Anthem cruises since the start up.  Not saying that it cannot happen, just has not been our experience.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

38 minutes ago, MiniChunks said:

My issue with increasing the individual drink prices would be the affect it has on the max dollar allowance for drinks in the package. DW and I drink more than enough to cover the package, so I'm not too concerned about a little increase there, but if they increase individual prices and leave the max allowance for the package at $12 or $13 so I have to pay on top of my package, I would be annoyed. 

They aren’t going to raise the individual prices without raising the allowance per drink when you buy the package.  The two go hand and hand.  

With that said, the prices are already pretty steep at this point.  Any higher and many people will probably start to think about buying a drink if they don’t have a package.  13+tax+automatic tip equals north of $30 for two drinks if my math is correct.  

Could they raise individual prices?   Sure.  But I’m not sure I see that happening given the massive profit margin they already make on them.   I think raising the package prices is more likely, but even that is getting so high it seems they will be maxed on that too.  

45 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I've had no issues with bartenders and the quality of drinks other than one Jaeger bomb in aqua theater. Sabor bartender fixed it

44 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I like Manhattans on the Rocks.  The glass used to be filled, albeit with a large amount of ice.

On our last cruise, the glass was never filled.  One actually was less than half a glass, including the ice.

Try the Smoke Ring at Wonderland

20220420_125323.thumb.jpg.b120b1c403d7a5c82ad0bd8f476fb62f.jpg

59 minutes ago, topnole said:

Any higher and many people will probably start to think about buying a drink if they don’t have a package.

Bingo !  Suddenly that outrageously-priced DBP doesn't look so outrageous.  My guess is this is where they are going....

11 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Bingo !  Suddenly that outrageously-priced DBP doesn't look so outrageous.  My guess is this is where they are going....

Cruise price for two in balcony = $825.70 (total, not per person) + $319 (grats) = $1,144.70

DBP = $1,473.78 for two.

IMO, it looks outrageous.  😲

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Ouch!    I cannot say that I have had the problem on my recent sailings.    I like to tip my bartenders heavy in the beginning then you get a great drink every time.   

16 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Cruise price for two in balcony = $825.70 (total, not per person) + $319 (grats) = $1,144.70

DBP = $1,473.78 for two.

IMO, it looks outrageous.  😲

What sailing are you getting a cabin for 2 for $825.70 ?   Is that an OV Balcony?   

11 nighter based on your tip calculation ??

33 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

At a certain point everyone onboard will drinking tea and water.  Lots of more reasonably priced ways to drink a lot for those that like to enjoy it while on vacation.  

But seriously, at some point you start to exclude any somewhat budget conscious folks when you charge more for drinks than the cost of the cruise itself.  It just seems so out of whack.   Newbies see that price and they think that it is outrageous.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What sailing are you getting a cabin for 2 for $825.70 ?   Is that an OV Balcony?   

Yeah that price is wild.  Our 7-night September Symphony cruising cost $1150 base per person for an interior cabin.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, topnole said:

At a certain point everyone onboard will drinking tea and water.  Lots of more reasonably priced ways to drink a lot for those that like to enjoy it while on vacation.  

But seriously, at some point you start to exclude any somewhat budget conscious folks when you charge more for drinks than the cost of the cruise itself.  It just seems so out of whack.   Newbies see that price and they think that it is outrageous.  

I completely agree.  At some point many will be priced completely out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

11 nighter based on your tip calculation ??

22 minutes ago, baelor said:

Yeah that price is wild.  Our 7-night September Symphony cruising cost $1150 base per person for an interior cabin.

Anthem TA.  It's an obstructed OV balcony, but my particular cabin has very little obstruction. 

The fuel for the 5 day post-cruise rental car in the UK will probably cost more than the cruise.  😲

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, baelor said:

Yeah that price is wild.  Our 7-night September Symphony cruising cost $1150 base per person for an interior balcony cabin.

Posting to clarify/correct--interior balcony cabin overlooking Central Park.  I dropped "balcony" in my OP.

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

They might start finding more rum runners. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1