Worst experience booking a Celebrity cruise

chuka28

Called Celebrity Cruises Customer Service, which should be called CUSTOMER DISSERVICE with questions.  I was lied to about the cruise promotion and price

and then treated badly when I questioned the booking confirmation information,  having made to wait endlessly on hold to try to resolve the problem. 

We have cruised extensively worldwide with many other cruise lines, and  was looking forward to trying Celebrity for the first time,

but the inability to find someone honest and willing to help on land, made me think twice about setting out to sea with this type of company.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, chuka28 said:

Called Celebrity Cruises Customer Service, which should be called CUSTOMER DISSERVICE with questions.  I was lied to about the cruise promotion and price

and then treated badly when I questioned the booking confirmation information,  having made to wait endlessly on hold to try to resolve the problem. 

We have cruised extensively worldwide with many other cruise lines, and  was looking forward to trying Celebrity for the first time,

but the inability to find someone honest and willing to help on land, made me think twice about setting out to sea with this type of company.

I think we need more information.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, chuka28 said:

I sense your frustration,  but your post lacks any specifics and your name calling everyone you spoke with was a liar seems strange at best. Promotions and prices change often.  What are you hoping to achieve by this posting?  In all the years as a member of Cruise Critic you have made 9 posts.  Strange.

Hope you find cruises that better suit you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

You also catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

If you opened your call by saying the company lied to you to a customer service rep (who had nothing to do with the original situation), it puts the person who is helping you on the defensive.  You need to be calm, clear and concise.

Just ask for a copy of your Booking Confirmation.  They will be happy to email it to you.  Folks here can help explain what the different codes mean.

Wait till you try to board, chaos at Silhoette boarding this morning with "IT" (may stand for idiot technology)  issues. 21 years of cruising, may be our last till Covid finally disappears, reckoned to be another 2/3 years, just getting too stressful, however 2 drinks in the sun improves things.   

• Haha 1

Not for anything but to me, after reading the negatives on this post, it seems that the majority of the "problems" seem to be happening on European cruises.  Am I completely wrong?  The rules there are so nuts that I would never even attempt to sail there, at least for the foreseeable future.

We sail from Florida to the Caribbean in a few weeks and have no real issues except for the double=talk, mish-mash of messaging from Miami regarding testing, boosters, etc.  

Time to stop complaining and coming here with so little information.  Be precise, specific and this group has always had insight.  Been a member for years and always came here first for info.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

Be it  Celebrity or another cruise line if you are not familiar with the brand, pricing or promotions then a TA is the way to go.  I think you will find the onboard experience much better.

From what I have experienced most of the TAs are completely clueless. You get even more misinformation from them.

I have a cruise booked with Celebrity, my first and probably my last.  Just can't deal with the incompetence and misinformation.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, chuka28 said:

Like any company right now, hiring employees has been challenging.  If you have booked your trip and have questions about booking codes, you can post them here and rely upon years of cruising experience to guide you through the codes.  

As others have said, once onboard you will forget the less than ideal "booking experience" and appreciate the wonderful "cruising experience."

Wow, ‘most of the TA’s are completely useless’? Got it. I’ve booked myself, use website/1-800/cruise company agents in the past, but I’ve found a professional TA who is outstanding.

My experience is when  I use a true TA who has their own business/office/team and is connected to a major booking company, I get excellent support. they are not some online/1-800 site or work for one cruise company that in many cases are more of just a booking agent (book your cruise and that’s that; but understand some have had great help using them).

I’ve found TA’s who have their own businesses are quite professional and knowledgeable. Saved me money - came up with better options -  take care of issues that got out of hand - worked with the cruise company instead of me being on hold for extended times - called me when things changed instead of me contacting them all the time…….what professional TA’s do. 

Den

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Haha, you never tried MSC, by then you know what worse customer service is.....

We rarely use a travel agent but did for MSc, but once on board the yacht club experience was amazing. We had absolutely no problems with celebrity when booking our cruises.

• Like 1

Would not book directly with any cruise company since my experience with Crystal. I used a TA for a cruise and had a return of funds within 2 weeks. Booked another cruise directly with Crystal. Their office closed and needed to file with the bankruptcy court. Also learned to obtain insurance that includes bankruptcy.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, chuka28 said:

First thing that popped into my head- OP kinda reminds me of Bill O'Reilly at the Jet Blue counter.  Google it  if you don't understand the reference.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest TopoChico
1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

I have a cruise booked with Celebrity, my first and probably my last.  Just can't deal with the incompetence and misinformation.

The fantastic food and service onboard will convince you otherwise 😉

52 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Easier said then done.

I live in a smallish town and know 3 excellent TA’s with their own company. But we all have different situations where we live. 

Doubt the OP will respond since they aren’t even marked as Following their own thread. 

signing off. 

den

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, chuka28 said:

I wonder how you treated them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TopoChico said:

The fantastic food and service onboard will convince you otherwise 😉

Assuming I can board (they have not provided the required info.) and they aren't lying to people about the itinerary.

• Haha 1