April 9 Apex Chair Hog Pictorial Reivew

Sam.Seattle

Yes, another chair hog discussion.  Cleary there is a problem in both the Retreat and main pool with entitled people hogging chairs.  These pictures were taken between 7:15am and 8:30.  Clearly the signs Celebrity posts on the chairs do nothing to stop this nonsense.  

Chair Hog 1.JPG

Chair Hog 2.JPG

Chair Hog 3.JPG

Chair Hog 4.JPG

Chair Hog 5.JPG

Chair Hog 6.JPG

Chair Hogs 10.JPG

Chair Hogs 13.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

A picture is worth 1,000 words!  One reason I personally do not like Caribbean cruises.  This is why I love a big balcony onboard...entitled?  You be the judge of this.  Let's not forget those individuals who are actually using their chairs...thank you!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 4

Perhaps a sign, stating something Celebrity clearly does not do, is not creating the behavior desired?

IMO this is clearly Celebrity’s fault and responsibility. It is a conscience decision by Celebrity.  Put up a sign and put a notice in the program, but do not enforce it.  

It is a personal  “pet peeve” of mine, but I have no expectation of a resolution.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 12

42 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Yes, another chair hog discussion.  Cleary there is a problem in both the Retreat and main pool with entitled people hogging chairs.  These pictures were taken between 7:15am and 8:30.  Clearly the signs Celebrity posts on the chairs do nothing to stop this nonsense.  

Chair Hog 1.JPG

Chair Hog 2.JPG

Chair Hog 3.JPG

The situation is really worse on the Retreat sundeck because it is a smaller area than that around the main Pool.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Maybe pick up some of these things and take them to the Lost and Found and tell them it looks like somebody lost these things!😁

Once I’ve gotten the lay of the land, so to speak, and once the clock strikes 31 minutes empty,  off they go to the nearest attendant and now I have own little slice of paradise for an hour or so.  

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Once I’ve gotten the lay of the land, so to speak, and once the clock strikes 31 minutes empty,  off they go to the nearest attendant and now I have own little slice of paradise for an hour or so.  

Or the wind blows them over the side of the ship. . .  . . . just saying!   I witnessed a fight breakout once over someone removing the stuff off of an unoccupied lounge chair, but that was on NCL.

• Like 1

Its just me, but I have absolutely NO PROBLEM removing someone's stuff from a chair if they are not sitting there within the 30 minute time frame. I understand grabbing a drink, but not claiming something all day. I know when I walk away I take my stuff with me to free up a chair for others. Call me whatever you wish 🙂
But I also have a tendency to do cruises that are colder (Alaska, British Isles, etc) that this isnt as much of a problem as on the warm weather cruises.

• Like 5

Did a TA on NCL a few years ago and it was the worst chair hogging I had ever seen. I ended up gathering up the entire pile of stuff a lady left on a two person lounger and just left it on the ground 6 feet away. 2.....TWO hours later she and the hubby show up and went ballistic on me for touching their valuable stuff (towels and sunscreen). They got the ship's crew involved and they actually told me that I was wrong and that lounger was theirs, despite the fact there was signage saying don't leave stuff unattended. Last time I sailed NCL!

• Like 6

Just now, neverlaysup said:

Did a TA on NCL a few years ago and it was the worst chair hogging I had ever seen. I ended up gathering up the entire pile of stuff a lady left on a two person lounger and just left it on the ground 6 feet away. 2.....TWO hours later she and the hubby show up and went ballistic on me for touching their valuable stuff (towels and sunscreen). They got the ship's crew involved and they actually told me that I was wrong and that lounger was theirs, despite the fact there was signage saying don't leave stuff unattended. Last time I sailed NCL!

That sounds like the same NCL cruise we were on and it was our last, never again. LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

How did they know you moved it?

1 minute ago, neverlaysup said:

Did a TA on NCL a few years ago and it was the worst chair hogging I had ever seen

I was just about to mention TAs, but you beat me to it😂 I’ve seen even worse chair hogging on TAs than I’ve seen on Caribbean cruises. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weregoingcruising said:

How did they know you moved it?

Because when they showed up and picked their stuff off the ground, they asked me how it got there. I told them that I put it there and maybe they should reconsider their chair reservation strategy. It didn't go well after that.

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

26 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

Because when they showed up and picked their stuff off the ground, they asked me how it got there. I told them that I put it there and maybe they should reconsider their chair reservation strategy. It didn't go well after that.

Rule # 1: Never move someone else’s “stuff”. (Payback can be nasty).

Rule # 2: If you broke Rule # 1, never admit it.

• Like 9
  • Haha 28

3 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Chair Hog 1.JPG

Chair Hog 2.JPG

Chair Hog 3.JPG

Chair Hog 4.JPG

Chair Hog 5.JPG

Chair Hog 6.JPG

Chair Hogs 10.JPG

Chair Hogs 13.JPG

I'll bet the Beyond will be even better with more suites.

• Like 1

Just call the HOTEL DIRECTOR...or whoever is in charge of pool attendants.

Never a problem at Sandals or other resorts. So it can be enforced..but by the ship staff! Same with kids in the Solarium during non family hrs!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Still haven’t got over our Silhouette Staycation cruise last year when people were ‘reserving’ beds in an empty Solarium and a lady in the Retreat lounge complaining she had gone to reserve ‘one of the big’ sun beds on the Retreat Deck before breakfast and someone had already reserved it!!!

What added to the fun was we were in Belfast and it was really chilly!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Edge April 10-17 last sea day.  These chairs were taken before sunrise, I went to the retreat pool to watch the sunrise around 7:00 am and saw the Nemo clips holding the towels.  We had breakfast, went to the pool around 10:00 am and found a really nice  place to enjoy the sun, left around 1:00 pm and the Nemo clips owners never showed up.  Before leaving I complained to the pool attendants and they removed their stuff.  Don't know if they ever showed up.IMG_7654.thumb.jpg.a4210001c7e40aaf13193b6e8d4c00ab.jpg464514346_IMG_76552.thumb.jpg.059f3693c762b2700f37f4ddc159a5ae.jpgIMG_7656.thumb.jpg.225a53d83dbcfbad80cf3f67c4e46f36.jpg

• Like 3

On day 2 I fill out multiple comment cards that I drop in various comment card boxes to report that removal of unattended items is not being enforced by pool attendants and this is impacting the enjoyment of our cruise. By the next day we usually see items being removed by staff. It seems like once passengers start seeing dazed people looking for belongings the chair hogging seems to decrease substantially.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

So they were also loud squealing and grunting hogs.

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

So they were also loud squealing and grunting hogs.

You nailed it. The same chair hogs are in the theater in the evening attempting to save blocks of seats for their other chair hog friends. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3