Live from the Caribbean Princess: Panama Canal - Apr 26 to May 14 - SF to FTL

Ken the cruiser

20 hours ago, Justprettynpink said:

Could you please find out if EZ check is going to be offered at FLL? 

We will be on her in June 🙂 

Thank you so much!

We were on the Sky in February and they had EZ check in Fort Lauderdale.  See attached confirmation.  

We're going to be on the Caribbean Princess in June, too!    

001.jpg

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did they fix the 2nd elevator up to

skywalkers in the aft, which also goes down to the Palm DR?  Was only 1 working before drydock.

No unfortunately they haven’t. Saw many taking the stairs. 

21 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This afternoon was a learning one for us with regards to what suite perks you actually get if you’re booked in a full suite.

We also mentioned to Angelo that we received a $39 laundry charge on our account as we were pretty sure we got unlimited laundry. He said not to worry about that as it will disappear tonight.

So, all is good, but I just wanted to share our experience with you in case you are someone who has booked a suite for the first time. Also, I’ve include the pdf that we should have received with our embarkation day documents that lists all of the suite perks.

PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf 683.57 kB · 28 downloads

For some reason, no matter what is written on the laundry slip, we will occasionally get charged for services. As Angelo stated, it is usually removed within 24 hours. I learned to just wait and see if it gets removed. Happened last week on our Ruby Cruise.

Speaking of perks, (I'm to lazy to go back through the last 250 posts to see), have you been taking advantage of the daily Specialty Breakfast ?? Generally, it's held in Sabatinis.

18 hours ago, shay1 said:

disregard.

13 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

That’s too bad.  With a full ship, it’s going to be hard for people in wheelchairs to get to the DR.  

We had our b2b tests every week in skywalkers. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

They were also supposed to fix the terrible smelly plumbing issues on Caribe midship and Aloha deck.  Not sure where else, but it was bad. 

On 4/29/2022 at 1:33 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

A little while ago, I started a thread entitled “What is your strategy for staying safe on a cruise” and in it I listed our strategy. One area I mentioned that we don’t lounge around in is the pool area.

Well, with every rule there are exceptions.  In our case it’s when every one is ashore on a port day and they’re playing a 2+ hour Journey concert movie up at the outdoor theater in the pool area with 2 lounge chairs in the shade. 😂😂

973DD2B0-2465-4CE7-9594-01FAEF191E81.thumb.jpeg.89dc130efeff1b1027ebfc6601ff4d92.jpeg

05AD1347-3BDB-4D69-8F3A-F36EA9262508.thumb.jpeg.e43fdab7b6decbff3a8fbde843bfa3bf.jpeg

You're so funny.  Never say never or in this case don't. Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

We had an enjoyable time today on our Princess Best of Puerto Vallarta excursion, which included watching a festival downtown in front of the church and ended with quite the tequila tasting event of which BTW I was “forced” to drink my DW’s samples as she doesn’t drink alcohol. 😂😂 Fun times!!

755F923F-AD19-4F34-ACAB-F3930883A3BA.thumb.jpeg.fc22a2b38f7d83206ec9c63b35047251.jpeg

3ED1AF36-95D4-4B30-853E-682A4F86A4A6.thumb.jpeg.780ee841b92f50d14aea044077b8b6e3.jpeg

F78DB3DD-2989-4D9C-9559-DA67DDB551C0.thumb.jpeg.0ce2c5c5f3a82df779a81d46b35b4633.jpeg

39C47387-DC78-4AF5-B5DC-70363A2464A8.thumb.jpeg.dcc686d7ac1ce12be92b1586a07a5295.jpeg

The tour also stopped by a jewelry store that give our free drinks, go figure, but I couldn’t help put notice this cool piece of pottery for only $1,450. And no, I didn’t buy it. But it was cool to look at!

50B7D961-D4C6-47EF-A5B0-2F3C5BD0B4A8.thumb.jpeg.3d328d0532e097925f64cc0c0162947d.jpeg 

A8E48479-EDEA-4D39-BFF8-6C254EC2F478.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

For some reason, no matter what is written on the laundry slip, we will occasionally get charged for services. As Angelo stated, it is usually removed within 24 hours. I learned to just wait and see if it gets removed. Happened last week on our Ruby Cruise.

Speaking of perks, (I'm to lazy to go back through the last 250 posts to see), have you been taking advantage of the daily Specialty Breakfast ?? Generally, it's held in Sabatinis.

Every morning!! Today we actually got there when it opened at 7:30 and got to sit at the lone 2-top by the window. However, we initially were told by our CC waiter that Sabatinis’ breakfast hours were the same as CC dining. However, when we started noticing folks coming in after 9:30 two mornings in a row on sea days, we asked about that.

It turns out on port days, they are open from 7:30 to 9:30, but on sea days their hours are from 7:30 to 10:30. That was good news as we were usually racing to get there by 9:30 on sea days, especially when we had to move the clock forward twice so far. 😁 BTW we could not find Sabatini’s “special” suite breakfast hours documented anywhere.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

And we’re off! Next stop Huatulco, Mexico on Tuesday morning, May 3.

image.thumb.jpg.22379aeadda433c6147df186551e7d95.jpg

Glad you are having fun.  Keep that dang ship clean m8, we will be inspecting her on the 14th!  😉 

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

BTW we could not find Sabatini’s “special” suite breakfast hours documented anywhere

It is in the Welcome letter you should have received on day 1. Did you get that?

C3ECD7A8-92F9-49CE-907D-B86E5B40C7F6.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

It is in the Welcome letter you should have received on day 1. Did you get that?

C3ECD7A8-92F9-49CE-907D-B86E5B40C7F6.jpeg

Unfortunately, we didn’t get that letter. But thanks for posting it! But we now have something new to look for on the CB, the Elite Lounge! 😂

Update: Called GS and there is no formal Elite Lounge on CB. However, they do have a happy hour between 5/7 pm in Club Fusion for Platinum and Elite members to go. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Unfortunately, we didn’t get that letter. But thanks for posting it! 😁

All of that also used to be listed in the notebook on the desk.  Those are gone now and they really should make sure that they communicate this stuff to suite guests in other ways.

• Like 1

Had another fun evening! After getting our complementary dinner at the Crown Grill, which was quite tasty, we went to another fun show in the theater called A Tribute to the Music of Elton John preformed by Liam Stewart followed by some more hilarious commentary by our CD, Gary Golding. 

FF79C37C-1BD6-46A7-A949-36DBF32EE80F.thumb.jpeg.f270a2689ac8b917090a0b530ce0d312.jpeg

E2EC92B8-197B-41DF-8C59-06A382B916F8.thumb.jpeg.db699cb8e439a5e830e1ab7164d544cb.jpeg

Then it was off to the Music Bingo Game Show which was another very fun interactive event!

814525DF-E452-4B9A-8135-77A16FF9296D.thumb.jpeg.84f2171dac26cafd34215183a7f46838.jpeg

A4C7E618-19A2-4B7E-B1FE-38DED9308FEB.thumb.jpeg.80c033f404595f50a3b34abf380128d9.jpeg

• Like 5

On 4/30/2022 at 9:18 AM, bettyy2k said:

Ken, can you tell if the Platinum/Elite daily happy hour is still happening in Skywalkers? I see in your daily patter Elite hour 5-7 is in Fusion. I really hope it is still in Skywalkers.

When there are a large number of Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers on board, Skywalkers is not large enough so the event is held in Club Fusion instead.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 4:11 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

I’ll try to remember to take a picture of tonight’s menu. But so far there has been a different one every night. However, as we are on an 18 day cruise, it will be interesting to see when we might start seeing a repeat. If that happens I will also let you know.

During a cruise segment there is no repeating of a dining room dinner menu. However individual items may appear as part of another menu.

Of course if a 14 day cruise is really two segments, then the first segment menus will repeat during the second segment.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 9:49 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Then after the show we went over to the Explorers Lounge and watched the Little White Lies Game Show. What a fun show and we couldn’t stop laughing!

I am, not familiar with that game.

How does it work?

On 4/30/2022 at 6:14 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

I know we’re going to be on a 21 day “packaged” cruise in July on the Regal, but it’s made up of three 7 day cruises. So your guess is as good as mine as to how often they’re going to recycle the menus.

Each segment will have the following the same:

a) Dinner and lunch menus, but the order may vary.

b) Production shows

c) MUTS movies if the month does not change

d) Cruise Director's jokes

e) Captain's jokes

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Update: Called GS and there is no formal Elite Lounge on CB. However, they do have a happy hour between 5/7 pm in Club Fusion for Platinum and Elite members to go. 

One and the same. Location may be different on different ships and even on the same ship on different sailings.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 5:12 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

@GonzoWCS, sorry I just realized I had a senior moment and related a Craps table to a Roulette table. But at the same time I don’t remember seeing a Craps table with someone rolling the dice. I’ll check later on and if I find one I’ll let you know.

Haven't read the whole thread, but there is a craps table on opposite end of roulette tables...

6 minutes ago, tompeter said:

Haven't read the whole thread, but there is a craps table on opposite end of roulette tables...

Thanks.  There is a picture of the table at post #152

Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

I am, not familiar with that game.

How does it work?

Three of the assistant CDs (guest participants) each tell the audience a specific job they had before joining Princess (e.g, taxi driver, dog walker, accountant assistant, etc). The emcee then runs around looking for questions from the audience to ask the participants to see who’s not telling the truth. The game goes through 3 cycles. It’s quite hilarious!

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

caribill,  I think someone above mentioned the elite lounge being in Skywalkers;  Ken said it was in Club Fusion.  

My unofficial guess since this is an 18 day cruise with 1,650 passengers on board with the average age 60++, there are probably quite a few platinum, elite and suite guests aboard, probably more than Skywalkers can handle.