More Complaints...

INeedAMaiTai

On our recent Panama Canal cruise on the Emerald one evening we dined in the Crown Grill and had the absolute BEST surf and turf we have ever had in any dining venue.  On top of the food quality the servers were very attentive and anxious to answer questions we had for them concerning what they had been up to during the pause in cruising. We learned a lot on that cruise.  

• Like 5

Been on 6 cruisers since November.  No complaints. Good weather, good Captains, great production shows and no problems with ship.   Excellent room stewards, wait staff and bar staff.  Food excellent in Crown Grill and never went hungry on any day.  Have received refundable OBC within 4 to 5 weeks after cruises ended.  

• Like 4

We cruised on the Caribbean Princess twice in November and again in December. I can't say anything was really outstanding or really bad. They were both typical Princess cruises with very good food, pretty good entertainment and excellent service. Both cruises sailed at about 55% of capacity so there was never any crowding or long lines. The November cruise was the Caribbean Princess first cruise in 608 days and was our first cruise in 2 years due to the pandemic. Everyone masked up while indoors except when dining and drinking. It was great to be on a cruise ship again and the crew was very happy to see passengers again, in fact many crew members were in the Atrium cheering and clapping as passengers were boarding, brought tears to our eyes. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

I keep reading all of everyone's struggles with their most recent cruising with Princess.  How about this... What is one thing you loved/want to rave about from your last cruise?  

Thank you for doing this thread!

🥰We did a B2B on Majestic March 12-26 this year and had the BEST time! Service, food and entertainment were all wonderful; staff were a delight! The first leg had 2300 guests, the second had 3,149. Both legs, things went great. Our medallion app worked, which was a new adventure. From start to finish, the cruise was an absolute joy for both of us! The only down side was that at the end, we had to leave😪

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 3

70 nights on Ruby since December, 70 perfectly cooked servings of fin fish.  Every.  Single.  Dinner. 

The expanded app selection at the PES lounge to include hot hors d’oeuvre and fruit. 

Two absolutely fantastic Good Spirits bartenders, Artem and Flor. 

The always delightful Captain Nash. 

Liking an MDR server so much we spent 29 nights with her.  Hats off to Vanjie. 

I’m no masochist - if the first 20 nights hadn’t been so good we wouldn’t have stayed for another 20, and we sure as hell wouldn’t have come back in three weeks for another 30.  If those 30 hadn’t been even better, why on Earth would we be coming back for another 12 after a month?

• Like 7

Forty-one days cruising with Princess since Nov. of last year. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever! I could list everything that was positive, but it would take too much space. Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something.

• Like 4

We loved our Enchanted 20 day b2b Caribbean in March. The ship is beautiful, and  food in club class was great. The crew was so happy to be back to work and kept thanking us for sailing.  I’ve told DH that we have to book another cruise because we have to help the crew keep their jobs😀

• Like 4

We cruised on the Ruby Princess to Hawaii in January and had a wonderful trip. Everyone was surprised by having to test for COVID at the port, but we all just went with the flow. The staff there were helpful and kind. We had just about the best room steward ever! And we truly enjoyed bellying up to the bar at Good Spirits. Kudos to a great crew! 

• Like 1

We were on the Sky in early December.  Had our first aft cabin!  Loved the party band and steel drum player.  So glad that Good Spirits is finally catching on…it has become our favorite bar since first experiencing it on the Royal way back in spring of ‘19.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crystabel said:

We cruised on the Ruby Princess to Hawaii in January and had a wonderful trip. Everyone was surprised by having to test for COVID at the port, but we all just went with the flow. The staff there were helpful and kind. We had just about the best room steward ever! And we truly enjoyed bellying up to the bar at Good Spirits. Kudos to a great crew! 

Artem is the best thing to happen to Princess Cruises since Aaron Spelling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We sailed on the Discovery Inaugural.  We had plenty of things we were disappointed in but:

Great things (I can't do just one.)  :  Price, staff, tv selection, no more junk sale sheets!

Right?  Gah, I love getting so much less printed crap. 

• Like 1

I was grateful for & enjoyed the food & service in the MDR's & Sabatini's aboard my April 10 cruise. The variety of the menus & plated presentation of the entrees exceeded my expectations. It's wonderful that Princess still serves lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, as I don't care for buffets. The crew worked hard & were cheerful. 

Despite my complaints (there were several) the truth is this cruise was a great value & price point. I got what I payed for & then some. 

• Like 1

On the Majestic 3/5 - 3/12. Thoroughly enjoyed the Enrichment Series with Leo Rossi. A superb meal in the Crown Grill and delicious meals at Alfredo’s. We really enjoyed the Princess Plus pricing and took serious advantage of the drink package. Everything was so good we embark this Friday on the Discovery.

• Like 2

Just to be back on a cruise ship.

Sailed Emerald Princess late March/Early April..others may have had complaints, but after stressing about getting negative tests to fly to USA and another to board, we were just delighted.

(Fare wasn’t cheap, tests were expensive, masks bit of a nuisance,  flights were long, too many people tried to squash into lifts, buffet was served....but who cares?)

Thank you Emerald Princess, we had a wonderful time !

• Like 2

I love everything about our cruises. I try to never complain. I learned a long time ago to live positive, be happy all the time, and find good in everything no matter how small.  Make memories not sadness. The staff is always wonderful, they have a hard job and deal with petty complaints. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1