Early Boarding

renroc13

I have not seen much about this on other threads. And I don’t see a search icon unless I am missing something. 
Many of us who have sailed Celebrity for years have gone to board the ship at 11am in places like Ft Lauderdale or Miami….Are we still able to show up early as we have in the past or do we need to show at a special time provided on our boarding pass. I know in the past those who could get to the ship early were always allowed to board. Anyone know if this has changed?

Thank You

Karen

1 minute ago, renroc13 said:

I have not seen much about this on other threads. And I don’t see a search icon unless I am missing something. 
Many of us who have sailed Celebrity for years have gone to board the ship at 11am in places like Ft Lauderdale or Miami….Are we still able to show up early as we have in the past or do we need to show at a special time provided on our boarding pass. I know in the past those who could get to the ship early were always allowed to board. Anyone know if this has changed?

Thank You

Karen

Nothing has changed. Show up at your designated time. 

• Thanks 1

Since the restart the boarding pass times have generally been enforced,  with separate lines for different boarding  times. The exception has been for suite or Zenith guests, who may board at any time after boarding commences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You select a boarding time from those times available when you check-in, that is your assigned boarding time.  No more just show up, no more priority boarding forE,it’s, Aqua, etc.  The only passengers who can show up when they want are those in Suites.  Show up to early and you will wait.

in the end boarding is much faster and a far more pleasant experience than pre-Covid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A lot depends on the capacity of the particular sailing.  I have sailed recently on a couple cruises with less than 1,000 passengers and they were letting many people in ahead of their time.  They did it in order, but once the appropriate time line entered, they just kept letting other times in.  I expect this to change as capacity increases.

Do not try to board earlier than 11:00 in Tampa.  They do not even open their gates until then, and on our Jan. cruise no one except suites boarded before 11:30.  That may have changed since then but FYI

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

The search box is in the upper right-hand corner, under your CC name.

18 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

A lot depends on the capacity of the particular sailing.  I have sailed recently on a couple cruises with less than 1,000 passengers and they were letting many people in ahead of their time.  They did it in order, but once the appropriate time line entered, they just kept letting other times in.  I expect this to change as capacity increases.

Do not try to board earlier than 11:00 in Tampa.  They do not even open their gates until then, and on our Jan. cruise no one except suites boarded before 11:30.  That may have changed since then but FYI

Thank you…they changed the site around a few years ago. I am lost sometimes,

5 hours ago, stavy said:

Our Alaska cruise from Seattle leaves at 4 pm. We’re in concierge elite+  Any idea of when we can check in?

We’ve got an 11:30 check in for our Alaskan cruise on May 13th (in Seattle). Got the time assigned when we did the online check in. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 5:52 PM, mom says said:

Since the restart the boarding pass times have generally been enforced,  with separate lines for different boarding  times. The exception has been for suite or Zenith guests, who may board at any time after boarding commences.

I did check in within minutes of Celebrity opening it for our cruise, 11.30-12noon was the earliest time on offer, not mention of anything different for Suite/Zenith (which we are). Previously always just rocked up and been on board by 10.30/11 using the priority route, am I assuming this has gone?

58 minutes ago, B x said:

I did check in within minutes of Celebrity opening it for our cruise, 11.30-12noon was the earliest time on offer, not mention of anything different for Suite/Zenith (which we are). Previously always just rocked up and been on board by 10.30/11 using the priority route, am I assuming this has gone?

No suites/Zeniths can still check in anytime. We tend to arrive about 11-11.30 so if there has been a slight delay we do not risk needing to queue.

In early April while boarding Equinox in Ft Lauderdale nobody paid attention to the scheduled times. It was line up as usual and it didn't matter what time your boarding pass showed. Just one long wait to get through security and after that it went fast.

Terminal 29 in Port Everglades simply doesn't have the space for separate lines.  Went through there twice on the Reflection and was never asked for a boarding time.

Terminal 25 they had lines, we were early (10:15ish) and went into the earliest timed line.  I think we should have been one line over. Never was asked about our assigned time. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 11:33 AM, stavy said:

How early is check in generally available?

Even if 11:00 isn't available when you first check in, it's worth going back to look from time to time.  Earlier times have been known to open up later on.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:45 PM, stavy said:

Our Alaska cruise from Seattle leaves at 4 pm. We’re in concierge elite+  Any idea of when we can check in?

Concierge and Elite makes no difference today.  Your need to get a time assigned.  Thus sometime after 11am and as late as 1:30

• Like 1