Coral Princess movements

2 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

That has a old listing for the Carnival Splendor.

It is a current listing, but yes, an erroneous one that Carnival hasn't bothered to cancel from their port bookings.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 11:14 AM, arxcards said:

It is expected she will start he journey to Oz next week, likely Wednesday (guesstimate), 

Sounds about right, as Port Everglades booked her departure on 09 May local time, which is Tuesday down here. She would also have an overnight before this departure since her incoming run is on 08 May: https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

Michael

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, Cbtours said:

Yes I did that. Though officially free first night is only for 6 nights or longer, but it let me book on first 3 night one, I’m guessing because even though separate booking numbers, it appears as one cruise on the medallion app

Emmm mine seems to insist charging $29pp cover charge - I'm on Vista for the 19 Jun cruise

How did you manage that?

Cheers,

Michael

On 5/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, Cbtours said:

Yes I did that. Though officially free first night is only for 6 nights or longer, but it let me book on first 3 night one, I’m guessing because even though separate booking numbers, it appears as one cruise on the medallion app

Is the specialty restaurant free on the first night? Does this have to be booked?

Coral has been docked in Freeport in the Bahamas, perhaps for crew that find it easier than transiting through the US system. She is just departing for a return to Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 1:20 PM, Aus Traveller said:

I am sure there will be an extra special welcome for everyone on the first cruise and also a welcome for people on the next few cruises.

That is IF we can find somewhere to park at the new terminal 😞

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Wilson Parking is operating parking at the BICT.  An alternative is Portside Parking who operate shuttle buses to the terminal.

Once we get closer to our sail date I must call Portside to find out how often their shuttles will be running. With the new groups for boarding we need to ensure we get there in time to catch the correct shuttle.

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Once we get closer to our sail date I must call Portside to find out how often their shuttles will be running. With the new groups for boarding we need to ensure we get there in time to catch the correct shuttle.

The way Portside operated in the past was to have a few shuttle buses that ran a continuous service. They would not be able to quote times. Usually people only had to wait a few minutes for the 12-seater bus to fill before it left for the ship and the next bus would be available almost immediately. With longer to travel (15 minutes, not 7), maybe they will have another bus or two.

On occasions at the end of the cruise, we wouldn't be able to get in the bus that was already loading passengers, but had to wait five minutes for the next one. The buses each had a small enclosed trailer for the main luggage.

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The way Portside operated in the past was to have a few shuttle buses that ran a continuous service. They would not be able to quote times. Usually people only had to wait a few minutes for the 12-seater bus to fill before it left for the ship and the next bus would be available almost immediately. With longer to travel (15 minutes, not 7), maybe they will have another bus or two.

On occasions at the end of the cruise, we wouldn't be able to get in the bus that was already loading passengers, but had to wait five minutes for the next one. The buses each had a small enclosed trailer for the main luggage.

I expected it to be like that but will check to make sure we arrive at Portside with enough time to spare in case we miss getting on a shuttle and have to wait for the next.

Since we're the fourth cruise out of Brisbane they should have the timings right by then. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

6 hours ago, bazzaw said:

That is IF we can find somewhere to park at the new terminal 😞

They will have plenty of parking on the day the ship arrives if you want to pay the hourly rate. Hard to know how many spots will be taken by multi-day users when the cruises really get going and there are three cruises underway each week. Time will tell.

We are booked on Coral in September.   So what is everyone doing say a fortnight before sailing date to ensure they don't get covid which will mean you may not be able to cruise.   We have both had covid (mild colds).   For me it was early April and husband has it now.   We are thinking of wearing masks wherever we go for a fortnight before sail date and keep our outings low key.   I won't cancel my booked cruises and like everyone else, I really want to cruise.