The Daily for Wednesday 05/11/2022

richwmn

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Never been to Falmouth as all our UK sailings are usually from Southampton.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who they will help.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

aw shucks, when I saw the port I thought you would have a story or photos.   I though surely good ole Graham has been to Falmouth.   Oh well I forgive you.  BTW I like Symphony of the seas WJ food better than Wonder OTS.  but I like Wonder OTS Solarium which was enclosed and quite much better.

On to the Allure next month without a pink slide - yah.

toodles

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

aw shucks, when I saw the port I thought you would have a story or photos.   I though surely good ole Graham has been to Falmouth.   Oh well I forgive you.  BTW I like Symphony of the seas WJ food better than Wonder OTS.  but I like Wonder OTS Solarium which was enclosed and quite much better.

toodles

Falmouth is 460 miles from our home and I wasn't aware of cruises from there.

We went to Newquay Cornwall over 40 years ago for a weeks holiday which was nice.

Royal Caribbean and P&O sail from Southampton where we have sailed from over 30 times.

We sailed on Norwegian Gems maiden voyage from Dover England and a few ferries from our nearby home port of North Shields Newcastle.

• Like 13

9 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Good morning all.

Wanted to share a few pics leaving Venice Monday. As the Holland America people may know, I waited too long to leave from Venice with a "dam" ship as all the large cruise ships are now banned from the port there. The Oosterdam is using  Trieste. 

One option was to book Holland America's old sister line, Windstar, and thus I did and am on the Wind Surf. It is a 15 day itinerary to Barcelona with several ports that the larger ships can't do. 

For my Prinsendam fans, you know what I mean!

Here is Venice sailaway:

20220509_181936.jpg

20220509_184156.jpg

20220509_184202.jpg

20220509_184112.jpg

20220509_184145.jpg

20220509_183620.jpg

20220509_184439.jpg

20220509_183631.jpg

20220509_184514.jpg

20220509_183328.jpg

20220509_184425.jpg

20220509_184902.jpg

20220509_184656.jpg

20220509_184042.jpg

20220511_071351.jpg

Thanks so much for posting these pictures.  Venice is the city of my heart and it was so wonderful to see these today.

Helen

Edited by HELENPSL
  • Like 18

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Falmouth is 460 miles from our home and I wasn't aware of cruises from there.

We went to Newquay Cornwall over 40 years ago for a weeks holiday which was nice.

Royal Caribbean and P&O sail from Southampton where we have sailed from over 30 times.

We sailed on Norwegian Gems maiden voyage from Dover England and a few ferries from our nearby home port of North Shields Newcastle.

oh well I did not mean about sailing from- just visiting the port.

I suppose Brits are like us Americans in that we have not explored our own back yard as much as we should have.

I would think that sailing from Dover would be nice though.   Almost got to do it but covid hit. No disney Magic cruise happened from Dover

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I love the photos, especially the gardens and the pasties.  Yum!

Thanks, Sandi.  I liked your photos of your walk around town.  That’s what we will probably do next month.

Kay

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Thanks, Sandi.  I liked your photos of your walk around town.  That’s what we will probably do next month.

Kay

I hadn't even thought about the fact we will be there again on our cruise.  I hope the weather is really good that day because rain makes it so hard to enjoy a port!  Falmouth is definitely a visit port and not an embarkation or disembarkation port.  Too small and far from Heathrow and Gatwick.  But it's very charming.

@bennybearexcellent photos!  Thank you!

• Like 17

30 minutes ago, HELENPSL said:

Thanks so much for posting these pictures.  Venice is the city of my heart and it was so wonderful to see these today.

Helen

We have cruised from Venice 3 times and it is a unique city.

My grandmother was Italian and her family was from Venice.

Graham.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

toodles

We have been on Harmony 3 times,Allure once and booked on Oasis next year.

I'm pleased to hear you are having lots of cruises and having a great time.

Graham.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

I certainly don't always agree with the quote, but today I do!

Late last week, my DH's doctors cleared him for travel. Knowing my DB & DSIL were at our family place in SW Florida, I decided to see if I could quickly put together a road trip to join them for a mini-reunion.

Neighbors happily agreed to keep an eye on our condo and my mechanic did a last minute 'travel worthy' check-up as our SUV hasn't gone far the past two years.

And, so, with the universe conspiring to help me, we set off...

With DH no longer able to drive, I knew it would be a test for me to make the 1,500 mile journey. Four days of driving later, I got us here safely and in time to join them waiting for sunset:

469783922_VID_20220510_195256743_exported_334.thumb.jpg.44a6e329f670008b54b739cc278bb169.jpg

So good to be with family after these past two years...

-Melisa

So glad you're getting to do that.

Roy

• Like 15

8 hours ago, kplady said:

Good morning!!

I love that today is Eat What You Want - I'm going out to lunch with my DSIL for my birthday, so plan to eat all the goodies!  I've been celebrating all week - I brought goodies to work on Monday to start the celebration, then went out to dinner for an early family celebration (DS's schedules wouldn't work for going out today).  It's a BIG birthday, but I don't feel any different from the last decade!!

So glad to see some of our friends back - @marshhawkglad you enjoyed your vacation.  @kazuI know you have a lot on your plate right now, but the memes really brightened my day, along with your posting.  All who have issues are always in my prayers, with hopes for better days ahead.  Happy to celebrate with those on the Celebrations list.  Take care of yourselves everyone, this is the first place I go in the morning to visit with our Daily friends.

Enjoy,

Laura

Happy Birthday

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have been on Harmony 3 times,Allure once and booked on Oasis next year.

I'm pleased to hear you are having lots of cruises and having a great time.

Graham.

yes thanks, but they are all from USA ports. I am on Oasis in Oct 2022.  That is a well loved ship.

I do not want to do anything this year in Europe.  

Over on Celebrity folks on Silhouette are getting covid from some crew.  I at least like the idea of RCI still having crew masked up.  Some ships are not doing this.  I at least do not have to worry about isolating on any B2B or in foreign countries.  I would have loved to have been on HAL Rotterdam for my Norway cruise this month but chose to cancel and got a refund from HAL.

In fact, I hope to return to HAL again as I am finding RCI ships to be so loud everywhere on the ship.

So Anthem is soon to arrive in UK as per cruisemapper.  Today the Celebrity Beyond was in an Italian Port alongside Wonder OTS. wow two new ships for Florence area.

In a couple of years I will return to bus tours and hope to go to Ireland again as well as Switzerland.

toodles.  

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

If A Thing Is Worth Doing, It’s Worth Doing Badly

We always hear that anything worth doing is worth doing well. 
There are times in our lives when doing something well is light years beyond us and we know it. Now we feel even more defeated, since we failed to accomplish something worth doing. 
But if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing badly. And that’s also an accomplishment.

You don’t have the energy to clean the house? Clear your favorite chair and side table so you have an uncluttered spot to rest.

Can’t find the words and energy to properly answer a letter from a friend? Text ‘Thanks for your letter, it meant a lot.’ There, you did it.

You don’t have the strength to take a shower? Wash your face.

You can’t brush your teeth for two minutes? Try for 20 seconds. Or 10.

You can’t summon the strength to do laundry? Change in the laundry room. Use the washer as a hamper. One day as you pass by, hit the Start button. IF you add soap, bonus points, if not, fine.

You do what you can, when you can, if you can. Sometimes nothing, sometimes a little.
You know you can’t do it all, but you don’t have to.

Because, if a thing is worth doing, it’s worth doing badly.

Love the sentiment.  Hope you feel better soon.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes thanks, but they are all from USA ports. I am on Oasis in Oct 2022.  That is a well loved ship.

I do not want to do anything this year in Europe.  

Over on Celebrity folks on Silhouette are getting covid from some crew.  I at least like the idea of RCI still having crew masked up.  Some ships are not doing this.  I at least do not have to worry about isolating on any B2B or in foreign countries.  I would have loved to have been on HAL Rotterdam for my Norway cruise this month but chose to cancel and got a refund from HAL.

In fact, I hope to return to HAL again as I am finding RCI ships to be so loud everywhere on the ship.

So Anthem is soon to arrive in UK as per cruisemapper.  Today the Celebrity Beyond was in an Italian Port alongside Wonder OTS. wow two new ships for Florence area.

In a couple of years I will return to bus tours and hope to go to Ireland again as well as Switzerland.

toodles.  

Anthem will be in Southampton on Friday this week.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Do you ever sail Fred Olsen?  I notice Bolette (former MS Amsterdam) has a number of cruises from Dover.  I've sailed Crystal Symphony from there several times.

Roy

• Like 11

I spent 4 hours doing yard work this afternoon.  The clouds are rolling in now, and rain coming tomorrow morning.  Make hay while the sun shines!  

As I expected, my doctor recommends that her patients get the booster as soon as they're eligible.  I'd been thinking I would wait closer to our cruise in 5 months.  But we will be flying to Yellowstone in 3 weeks, so I'll get it now. I'll feel safer if I do.   Who knows, maybe I'll be eligible for another one by fall....🤷‍♀️

DH found fresh trout at the store, so that will be our dinner tonight!

• Like 19

39 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Do you ever sail Fred Olsen?  I notice Bolette (former MS Amsterdam) has a number of cruises from Dover.  I've sailed Crystal Symphony from there several times.

Roy

No.

Bolette was at City terminal Southampton in April when we got on P&O Britannia at Ocean terminal.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@StLouisCruisers Sorry to hear  that your friend passed.  I hope you have lots of happy memories to bring you comfort.

@marshhawkWelcome back, glad you enjoyed your vacation.

@kplady Happy Birthday!🎂

@HAL Sailer Enjoy the time with the family. 

@Heartgrove Hoping you don't get COVID.🤞

@Crazy For Cats Love the garden pictures, thanks for posting.

@grapau27Yummy looking dinner.

Thank you.

Pauline had a pizza as well.

Graham.

IMG_20220511_161458.jpg

• Like 18

Happy Birthday! @kplady 🥳

@Horizon chaser 1957 I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for sharing If It's A Thing Worth Doing 

Jack, @Heartgrove, I am sorry to hear DSIL has Covid. Praying she feels better soon and that you and DW don't get it.

Graham, @grapau27, great pictures of a yummy looking dinner and Pauline looks fantastic as usual. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Thanks, Daily-ites!

Your 'attagirls' for my making the trip to SW Florida with DH are appreciated. Yes, each day's drive was long, but the joy of being with my DB and DSIL is immeasurable. 

Yesterday, we arrived just in time for sunset. I send tonight's sunset to you with my thanks for your supportive good wishes.

IMG_20220511_200603988_HDR.thumb.jpg.ec32475eceeb2ba9958033cec6de6604.jpg

-Melisa

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

One of the plants that came today is Ligularia 'Britt Marie Crawford.' The label in the pot read only "Britt Marie," which seems a bit too familiar. This supplier doesn't deal in roses, but would they refer to 'Fru Dagmar Hastrup' merely as "Dagmar"?

• Like 12

Thanks for all the daily information..

We have visited Falmouth during one of our visits to Great Britain, ........driving around the country.

Cruising in New Zealand will re commence for our summer season.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 18

2 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily information..

We have visited Falmouth during one of our visits to Great Britain, ........driving around the country.

Cruising in New Zealand will re commence for our summer season.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

That’s good news! Hope your both doing well. Have a great Thursday!

• Like 11