Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Ok I just checked the app. In the excursions. There’s transfer option showing fir 26th June so guess there will be each time now. $40 each

1E34C936-1899-48B8-AC5A-978E2FC18FA6.jpeg

Thank you, you're wonderful 💖 

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

Like so many services, taxis are light on the ground too. The queue at White Bay was the longest I have seen following the first Pacific Explorer cruise back to White Bay, and that was on a Saturday morning when there is less demand. We booked P&O's transfer to Central station, expecting the taxi line to be long.

I am curious what transfers Princess is offering in Brisbane. For anyone heading to the airport, surely they operate a transfer coach. I would also hope they also run another to a public transport hub, such as Roma St station.

Transfers are $40pp

its showing in app under excursions. Prior to our cruises the only thing showing was a debark excursion 

314CB090-79F7-458E-A45A-F14594D4B071.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Much appreciated, Irene, thank you very much 😊 Can you also please ask if we can pay cash onto our on board account? You're everyone's lifesaver for accurate information 🙂

I’m pretty sure I’ve read that you can on someone’s posts along the way but I’ll double check on my daily visit to GS hehe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve read that you can on someone’s posts along the way but I’ll double check on my daily visit to GS hehe

Mr Mexico 🇲🇽 😍 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Mr Mexico 🇲🇽 😍 

He wasn’t on duty yesterday haha I saw my other fav miss South Africa. Or maybe he just saw me coming and run to the back room 😂😂😂

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

Much appreciated, Irene, thank you very much 😊 Can you also please ask if we can pay cash onto our on board account? You're everyone's lifesaver for accurate information 🙂

You can pay cash into your onboard account 🙂

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

In the past, we have sometimes paid cash into our account at the start of the cruise so we don't have a bill at the end, although these days with plenty of on-board credit, we don't need to.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

In the past, we have sometimes paid cash into our account at the start of the cruise so we don't have a bill at the end, although these days with plenty of on-board credit, we don't need to.

Thank you 😊 We're NZ'ers and went on a South America cruise eons ago so I got a lot of Aussie cash for it. We ended up with a ridiculous amount of OBC ($2,000 pp) so I ended up with a lot of unused cash. With border closures I haven't been able to travel and use it and have kept it aside awaiting an opportunity. I'd like to do the expensive Princess trip to Whitehaven Beach - we arrive too late for a private operator - so that will mop some of it up 🙂 💰

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Thank you 😊 We're NZ'ers and went on a South America cruise eons ago so I got a lot of Aussie cash for it. We ended up with a ridiculous amount of OBC ($2,000 pp) so I ended up with a lot of unused cash. With border closures I haven't been able to travel and use it and have kept it aside awaiting an opportunity. I'd like to do the expensive Princess trip to Whitehaven Beach - we arrive too late for a private operator - so that will mop some of it up 🙂 💰

Nice sort of problem to have! I think that excursion sells quickly so it will be book asap on board re using obc. However presume you know that if you book through PvP they can apply your obc fir any excursions pre cruise? 

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Nice sort of problem to have! I think that excursion sells quickly so it will be book asap on board re using obc. However presume you know that if you book through PvP they can apply your obc fir any excursions pre cruise? 

Thanks 😊 Have been keeping an eye on the shore tours bookings and available numbers still show 20 (figure they open up in lots of 20 as that seems to be a fairly standard number they use). If the worst comes to the worst and they cancel it for not enough numbers or we miss out, I have printed out a Google map of Airlie Beach showing the lookout point and lagoon so they will be our Plan B 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jean C said:

Thanks 😊 Have been keeping an eye on the shore tours bookings and available numbers still show 20 (figure they open up in lots of 20 as that seems to be a fairly standard number they use). If the worst comes to the worst and they cancel it for not enough numbers or we miss out, I have printed out a Google map of Airlie Beach showing the lookout point and lagoon so they will be our Plan B 😉 

We watched excursions too and I’d looked up to see which frank wanted to do. When I went back to go through them with him heaps were sold out. 
the one we did we absolutely loved. Proserpine river snd crocodile safari

28 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Is there a big screen on board?  Will the State of Origin be shown tonight?  How are the numbers the blues vs the maroons?  Who do you think will win?

MUTS on deck...with popcorn and a double Bundy Rum to keep warm, lol.

990181979_th(1).jpg.e08a2469358ea4d44fa5f4e66887561a.jpg

30 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Is there a big screen on board?  Will the State of Origin be shown tonight?  How are the numbers the blues vs the maroons?  Who do you think will win?

Yet it’s being shown muts

• Like 1

Not sure if this came up as a question from some general discussion a couple of months back.

I am curious about the pillows. I know you probably have a pillow concierge to get your suitest pillow. Under the pillow case, do the pillows have a removable protective cover that they can launder?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Not sure if this came up as a question from some general discussion a couple of months back.

I am curious about the pillows. I know you probably have a pillow concierge to get your suitest pillow. Under the pillow case, do the pillows have a removable protective cover that they can launder?

Yes they do. Plus every doona is removed and laundered so a fresh one every time for new passengers

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

I always take my own pillow...nothing like it.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 11:53 AM, Cbtours said:

Who on here was discussing the merits of maple syrup with the brioche French toast in sabatini breakfast! I heard someone order it today (it comes with it on menu). The person obviously didn’t read that, but the waiter asked if she wanted the real maple syrup or obviously the “other” one..which I couldn’t hear what it was referred too! So next time I’ll be making sure if I didn’t have real last time I will next time.

thus morning I had the “mueslix” which is a delicious muesli I found out about when we had room service breakfast before our excursion. It’s full of all kinds of goodies, nuts, fruit and all the usual muesli stuff. Followed by a well done mushroom omelette. How am I going to go back to real life lol

Sadly the 'real' maple syrup is sugar-free maple syrup so not really real in my opinion. So no maple syrup for me as I get migraines from some artificial sweeteners.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sadly the 'real' maple syrup is sugar-free maple syrup so not really real in my opinion. So no maple syrup for me as I get migraines from some artificial sweeteners.

When you get to Airlie Beach tomorrow, Julie, you will have to nip into Woollies or IGA and get a bottle of the real stuff, lol. Then you can take it into Sabatinis with you. Way to go.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

@OzKiwiJJ How is Coral Princess? Is it the Princess as we have come to love over the years?

I'll let you know in a couple more days. She certainly has the right look and vibe, but it always takes me a couple of days to settle into a cruise.

What we're seen of the interior so far is Princess at its best, warm and welcoming.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

When you get to Airlie Beach tomorrow, Julie, you will have to nip into Woollies or IGA and get a bottle of the real stuff, lol. Then you can take it into Sabatinis with you. Way to go.

Good idea but I think I'll go back to having eggs for breakfast. Sweet breakfasts don't work well for me, I get hungry again too quickly.

We're just about to head off to the MDR for lunch then we might try to see if we can have a chat to the food and beverage director about the wines.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes you can put it on the table as we used to with our jar of Vegemite!