Menu Change

mfs2k

There have been some changes over the years, as noted above. 

I did notice on the Beyond there are some new choices in Luminae along with the other restaurants.  It's not a full revamp by any means but there are different items here and there.  

Supposedly the goal is for people to try different ships for different food and experiences.  

🍹

9 hours ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Post Covid the filet is no longer on the children's menu.😪  Asked for it on several ships.  Answer has been "no longer on menu".

It was available on Apex this April, and I also enjoyed it on Constellation the month before.  However, escargot was not available on Apex - they said it was a supply issue.

5 hours ago, SkystheLimit said:

I have never found joy in a radish!  My husband loves them right out the ground which is what they taste like to me-dirt!

The're quite nice roasted in a cauliflower veggie dish I make 

Edited by sgmn

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They did add some for sure.  They have a Beyond Burger, which I have never tried.   hmmm... well for me it will probably the last time I order it also.    I hate beets and they use beets for the red rare meat look.

I had the plant based burger 4 times last month.

Without doubt the best burger I have ever eaten, and that includes meat ones.

And so so filling too.

I would recommend everyone tries it at least once. 

I am not a vegetarian, but I do enjoy a lot of vegetarian foods.

Its funny because the two couples sat with us daily always asked us about the burgers like they wanted to try, but just couldnt bring themselves to.

Their loss

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Agree with  @jelayne we have traveled with Celebrity for over 25 years and I only recall one revamp of the menus.     A couple items on all the menus have been added and subtracted.   Recently in Luminae they have been updating some of the ambush but the menu has pretty much stayed the same since Luminae was introduced.     I also recently noticed that the Lamb Burger on Luminae lunch menu has disappeared.     Also when they introduced Daniel B'   they added 3 of his dishes to the Luminae everyday items at the bottom of the menu. 

Recently they have added an everyday items on the Main Menu at least on Silhouette - British Selection.  If I recall there were only two different items

Unless its greasy fish and chips, or roast dinner with overboiled vegetables I am not sure what British selection is.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark_T said:

I'd challenge you to recognise anything in the Beyond burger as 'beets', give it a try next time you have the chance if you are looking for a more 'plant based' diet.

I can't say it is necessarily healthier though. I'm not vegetarian, but I do like a lot of vegetarian food, especially Indian cuisine, and personally I prefer when it isn't pretending to be meat.

This. The beyond burger is just gorgeous food.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mark_T said:

I'd challenge you to recognise anything in the Beyond burger as 'beets', give it a try next time you have the chance if you are looking for a more 'plant based' diet.

I can't say it is necessarily healthier though. I'm not vegetarian, but I do like a lot of vegetarian food, especially Indian cuisine, and personally I prefer when it isn't pretending to be meat.

It is definitely NOT healthy. 30% more calories than a regular burger, and 500% more sodium ( which is why it tastes good to most people).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aloha 1 said:

It is definitely NOT healthy. 30% more calories than a regular burger, and 500% more sodium ( which is why it tastes good to most people).

I was being generous 🙂 ... but since you mention the details, I certainly do not advise looking too deeply into what these things are made of if you want to try one with an unbiased mind...

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

I was being generous 🙂 ... but since you mention the details, I certainly do not advise looking too deeply into what these things are made of if you want to try one with an unbiased mind...

😂

We were talking with the hotel manager on a cruise aboard the Equinox who highly recommended the  Beyond Burger in Blu but we never tried it. There were too many other things on the menu that were so much more interesting than a veggie burger that we thought it to be an absurd inclusion on the menu. Personal choice is a good thing though. It's nice that there are choices for everyone.

24 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Same old menus.  Buffet has fewer choices.  Food is good, but dull.

While there were all the familiar “old-favorites “ last October on Apex, I found the MDR food delicious and the buffet had amazing variety.  We were on the TA, so 14 days with only 5 ports.

While we did eat in 4 specialty restaurants, the photos below are from the restaurants comprising the MDR and the

A211D67D-1EFD-473F-B2D5-8960926ED57C.jpeg

27EF7C63-35F5-4BFB-AD96-D34A4034895C.jpeg

11884609-755C-498B-9253-D7B8875D7364.jpeg

E70295A9-916C-4466-B7B8-B62D07F7FB33.jpeg

82572864-C9CF-443B-BAE6-65BB48C9471C.jpeg

69F70A7C-84AF-4D21-B92A-6DE1CB7410F4.jpeg

D4117E0B-7A6E-4A9D-8B87-20273AC10138.jpeg

397ED4D2-05FF-4E14-9E44-D3DB4B101E97.jpeg

729609B8-0AEE-4E04-89C8-E6B9A4A0F0A5.jpeg

8C0161A6-B0F3-491D-BFE1-E40FAA180673.jpeg

03911C62-5E1A-4EF8-AE58-E60D60781C57.jpeg

9BA82BD1-62C6-4A21-992C-C01520029AC3.jpeg

Edited by bama4cruisin

We were on the Apex early Feb and loved the speciality entree associated with the four small main dining rooms.  Wish they would available fleet wide.  Especially loved the halibut in the French themed venue.

Found menu of Blu the same year after year.  We only now sail in suites and enjoy Luminae.  In addition to the luminae menu, you can order from the MDR menu.  They also will , when ordered in advance provide you with special requests.  We also enjoy a few evenings in SP restaurants.