I'm so frustrated. May I please B&M a little...

GottaLuvCruising

Four weeks from today we fly to Seattle to begin our Alaska cruise tour.  We've put so much time, energy and MONEY into this trip!  All of our excursions are booked $$$$$.  We are traveling with my sister and BIL.  

Realized this morning that, among the countless changes Delta has made to our return flights, they separated the two couples on ONE of the three flights.  We are together ANC - MSP and DTW-PWM, but for some reason, Delta moved one couple to a different MSP-DTW connection.  It's not the end of the world, but connection times are not good on the changed flight and they won't change it back.  Princess claims they "can't" and Delta won't (they claim flight is sold out, but it is NOT.)   First flight on screen shot is ours; second flight is their's...both are offered on Delta.com right now.   It's **** that I spend an entire morning on something that shouldn't have happened and should be an easy fix, but we are stuck.  

THEN...we have a Panama Canal sailing in January.  Princess complimentary upgraded us to a stateroom we don't want (per email this morning.)  So I asked them to move us back and they tell me they put in a "request" and someone will address it in 3-4 days.  Seriously?  Just change my damn stateroom back to what I booked in the first place.  

I sent Princess a snail mail letter about our FCCs 9 days ago.  Won't hold my breath for a reply.  

image.thumb.png.60c34cb32c19ae7f6534cd0ff4fa116f.png

• Thanks 1

Yep.

very frustrating.

it has been getting worse.

even though I book requesting no upgrade, I have been moved to undesirable cabins three times in past year. I cancelled those cruises.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Four weeks from today we fly to Seattle to begin our Alaska cruise tour.  We've put so much time, energy and MONEY into this trip!  All of our excursions are booked $$$$$.  We are traveling with my sister and BIL.  

Realized this morning that, among the countless changes Delta has made to our return flights, they separated the two couples on ONE of the three flights.  We are together ANC - MSP and DTW-PWM, but for some reason, Delta moved one couple to a different MSP-DTW connection.  It's not the end of the world, but connection times are not good on the changed flight and they won't change it back.  Princess claims they "can't" and Delta won't (they claim flight is sold out, but it is NOT.)   First flight on screen shot is ours; second flight is their's...both are offered on Delta.com right now.   It's **** that I spend an entire morning on something that shouldn't have happened and should be an easy fix, but we are stuck.  

THEN...we have a Panama Canal sailing in January.  Princess complimentary upgraded us to a stateroom we don't want (per email this morning.)  So I asked them to move us back and they tell me they put in a "request" and someone will address it in 3-4 days.  Seriously?  Just change my damn stateroom back to what I booked in the first place.  

I sent Princess a snail mail letter about our FCCs 9 days ago.  Won't hold my breath for a reply.  

It’s probably sold out on the contracted rate they have with Delta.

However, if it’s because of a schedule change, they should work with you.

I would go back to Delta, go on their

App on your mobile, lower right corner

click on more….scroll 

all the way to the bottom…

message us

You will get automated info….

advise schedule change

…then something else….

you want a live chat…

tell them it is no acceptable that

they split the couples on diff flights.

You want a supervisor to fix this.

Tell them EZAIR will not do it, that DL

is responsible due to a schedule change.

I’ve had very good luck with the chat and it normally is shorter time than the phone.

Don’t hang up…they will eventually come on.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

It’s probably sold out on the contracted rate they have with Delta.

However, if it’s because of a schedule change, they should work with you.

I would go back to Delta, go on their

App on your mobile, lower right corner

click on more….scroll 

all the way to the bottom…

message us

You will get automated info….

advise schedule change

…then something else….

you want a live chat…

tell them it is no acceptable that

they split the couples on diff flights.

You want a supervisor to fix this.

Tell them EZAIR will not do it, that DL

is responsible due to a schedule change.

I’ve had very good luck with the chat and it normally is shorter time than the phone.

Don’t hang up…they will eventually come on.

I've done the chat extensively this morning to no avail.  Hoping my sister or BIL has better luck.  I have to take a break from it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

At least you got a letter. Princess changed my cabin that I had booked specifically for an upcoming cruise with no communication about it. I only noticed when I went to print my luggage tag! My TA is trying to get my original cabin back, but I doubt it will happen. Good luck to you on yours!

• Like 2

I would like to say I am shocked...unfortunately nothing Princess does anymore surprises me.  I am so sorry you are going through this.

2 minutes ago, ImperialLady said:

I would like to say I am shocked...unfortunately nothing Princess does anymore surprises me.  I am so sorry you are going through this.

I should have checked every detail with each change.  Just didn't realize they had separated us.

We're all adults, but my biggest concern is that the later flight has all of 26 minutes to make a connection in Detroit.  I would not have booked that.  

I didn't realize that PC could change your cabin albeit with a supposed upgrade without approval or acceptance by the guest? On the surface this appears to be unacceptable unless it's in their terms and conditions?

• Like 1

Just now, Sunwanabe said:

I didn't realize that PC could change your cabin albeit with a supposed upgrade without approval or acceptance by the guest? On the surface this appears to be unacceptable unless it's in their terms and conditions?

My fault for NOT specifying "no upgrade."  Generally I like a free upgrade and often a paid upsell.  But in this case I want to stay where I booked.  

1 minute ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

I should have checked every detail with each change.  Just didn't realize they had separated us.

We're all adults, but my biggest concern is that the later flight has all of 26 minutes to make a connection in Detroit.  I would not have booked that.  

26 minutes...eeekkk. Wishing y'all lots of luck.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sunwanabe said:

Basically, it's in the cruise contract you had to approve that they can change your cabin (or do pretty much anything the want.) And marking no upgrade will NOT stop them from changing your cabin if they wish to change it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They can’t book you on a 26 min connection in DTW, that is an illegal connection.  There is a 36 min connection, possibly you meant that?

Do you have a TA or CVP?  They could help.

Just pass info to your DS and BIL, I know you’re done.

Best of luck.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunwanabe said:

Of course, it is!!

And it's done all the time. Sometimes notification, sometimes not.

16 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They can’t book you on a 26 min connection in DTW, that is an illegal connection.  There is a 36 min connection, possibly you meant that?

8:44pm to 9:10pm

I'll tell me sister "illegal connection" but I suspect (hope) my BIL will make the next call.  I'm so tired of it all.  

Pretty slim chance of baggage making THAT.

I think I understand your posting handle...

'GottaLuvCruising' ... to put up with this )*@((&^$*no carrier

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Basically, it's in the cruise contract you had to approve that they can change your cabin (or do pretty much anything the want.) And marking no upgrade will NOT stop them from changing your cabin if they wish to change it.

Sometimes there's a difference between what CAN be done (it's in the contract) and what SHOULD be done (good customer service/relations).

• Like 4

Only good luck is that baggage is not so critical on your way home. I have on 2 occasions had my bag deflected to wrong city. They got it to me within a couple days, bringing directly to my home [hour form airport. Hopefully, you will not be separated from it, but if so, might still work out ok. 

Princess is [by a certain person working there's admission] working on a shoestring budget, with VERY few service people. Things are getting lost in the cracks. It may well hurt their long term bottom line; but no money = no money. I too have had my nightmares there, but I hope they can ride out the plague times and come back strong. Actually, the reason we are Elite with PCL has been service, which was  truly great till Covid. 

This is true with most of the travel industry now. Best, if you need to travel, you take it all phlegmatically and enjoy all you can. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

8:44pm to 9:10pm

I'll tell me sister "illegal connection" but I suspect (hope) my BIL will make the next call.  I'm so tired of it all.  

I looked at July 20th, if that’s the correct date and your connection flight 

Is 920pm, so that is a legal connection.

(That’s the date in your pic above in DL)

Even though it’s a short one.  (36 mins)

Minimum connection time in DTW DL is 30 mins.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

If you think you are frustrated now.....wait till you get onboard!  When we got home we cancelled a November cruise.  Just giving them more time to get and hopefully train more staff.

we've got a November cruise paid mostly with a bunch of FCC that expires 12/22.  Final payment (about $500) is due the first week in September.  I need to see how much of the FCC is available for a cash refund (due to previously cancelled cruises, bonus FCC, etc)  I'd hate to lose the FCC, but ...

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I looked at July 20th, if that’s the correct date and your connection flight 

Is 920pm, so that is a legal connection.

(That’s the date in your pic above in DL)

Even though it’s a short one.  (36 mins)

Minimum connection time in DTW DL is 30 mins.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Yes, I did confirm that connection time is 36 minutes which feels just a little better.  

Sister off phone with Delta.  They state we are absolutely entitled to have this fixed at no additional cost.  Princess says they can't do it without canceling and rebooking...and they don't know how that will play out.