Carnival Stock Below $10

Lee Cruiser

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival can have that effect. 😁

Funny how when the cruise stocks go up Its because of Carnival. Last week when the cruise stocks were down it was because NCL was in the toilet and took the other stocks with it. 

if its a good result It’s because of  CCL. If its  negative its some other cruise lines fault.

i guess if the other cruise lines were not in the picture Carnival would be over $300 a share and doing a stock split. smh

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Funny how when the cruise stocks go up Its because of Carnival. Last week when the cruise stocks were down it was because NCL was in the toilet and took the other stocks with it. 

if its a good result It’s because of  CCL. If its  negative its some other cruise lines fault.

i guess if the other cruise lines were not in the picture Carnival would be over $300 a share and doing a stock split. smh

Might be close if Carnival had not already split a couple of times.

On 8/13/2022 at 12:09 PM, ontheweb said:

Can't you show them you have the required stock holding in your 401K and use that for the credit without buying more stock?

Yes, as long as it is Carnival specific shares.  Print the last 401K showing the shares (it should specifically list Carnival), blackout everything else except your name and the statement date ( I use the end of month statement when I submit) and submit.  Mine looks like a redacted CIA document when finalized for submitting.

• Thanks 1

I will have to think hard at what the time and barriers are to sell. I believe it will be near $20 EOY. However, getting past that $22-$24 mark may be a long time later. They have work to do to get debt paid down, PR for all cost-cutting measures, and the constant reduction in services. I just think that the $22-$24 barrier is harder to cross than it will be to go from $11 to $20.

4 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I will have to think hard at what the time and barriers are to sell. I believe it will be near $20 EOY. However, getting past that $22-$24 mark may be a long time later. They have work to do to get debt paid down, PR for all cost-cutting measures, and the constant reduction in services. I just think that the $22-$24 barrier is harder to cross than it will be to go from $11 to $20.

If it approaches $20, I expect there will be a secondary offering to raise funds and pay down debt. There will be plenty who will hop on around $15-$18 then.

We may not see $22-$24 until the balance sheet is cleaned up to the point to allow dividends, or more likely, stock buybacks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tidecat said:

If it approaches $20, I expect there will be a secondary offering to raise funds and pay down debt. There will be plenty who will hop on around $15-$18 then.

We may not see $22-$24 until the balance sheet is cleaned up to the point to allow dividends, or more likely, stock buybacks.

They have one heck of a balance sheet to clean up, and so do the other two, compared to 2019. 

Also, with the interest rates they are incurring, the added $23+ billion in debt interest burden will put a sizeable crimp in the 2019 level $4- billion in earnings.  With todays operating costs, those are not achievable as they've evidenced.  Plus, cash flow wise, the debt principal has to be paid back at some point.

Rough waters.

image.thumb.png.60bcf941add338888aed5e221b712e41.png

image.thumb.png.979007ec58783b19caaaf1d535eb80ff.png

On 6/13/2022 at 7:19 PM, Mary229 said:

I am pretty sure no OBC is consistent with pre-Covid policy, sometimes a person will slip through the cracks 

How do you redeem the OBC for the 100 shares? When you book the cruise or once onboard the ship? Thanks 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunnylady08 said:

How do you redeem the OBC for the 100 shares? When you book the cruise or once onboard the ship? Thanks 

For CCL you need to fill out the shareholder benefit form at least three weeks in advance of your cruise.  The benefit is currently through July of 2023, if you booking is during this period you can apply as early as booking and up to three weeks ahead 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

For CCL you need to fill out the shareholder benefit form at least three weeks in advance of your cruise.  The benefit is currently through July of 2023, if you booking is during this period you can apply as early as booking and up to three weeks ahead 

Thank You so much!!

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Where do we get the form?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

The way today is going there might not be a need for that. NCL is dragging the rest of the cruise stocks down I guess

How so?  What did NCL report?  

They all look, rightfully so IMO, pretty weak.

image.jpeg.7b5c0c11a05dfec043af245a7b76617c.jpeg

On a 6-month basis, NCL a little ahead by the lesser decline?

image.jpeg.e41001daa8ec22178ba3a5f4647dd318.jpeg

Edited by At Sea At Peace
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunnylady08 said:

Where do we get the form?

2021 US Annual Report (carnivalcorp.com)

This lists the physical address and email for Carnival. I email them my proof of ownership in an attachment then put it an envelope and mail it to them just in case. There is a fax # listed as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

How so?  What did NCL report?  

They all look, rightfully so IMO, pretty weak.

image.jpeg.7b5c0c11a05dfec043af245a7b76617c.jpeg

On a 6-month basis, NCL a little ahead by the lesser decline?

image.jpeg.e41001daa8ec22178ba3a5f4647dd318.jpeg

I have no idea how so. Just repeating what another poster in this thread posted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Thanks Mary, appreciate you posting that.  I have never done this before so this really helps. Have to send it in for my Celebration cruise next April.

• Like 1