Carnival Stock Below $10

Lee Cruiser

9 hours ago, mz-s said:

Granted right now there's not a lot of risk, at least not like when it was around $80 a share a few years ago. But there's a big difference in buying at $5 and buying at $9 when you're talking about buying 100 shares.

It went down to $7 something in 2020.  I doubt it will go below 8. Been watching the stock market channel all day long and no one really knows where the bottom is.  One lady said at 3600 (what it hit today) nibble. At 3300, bite.  At 3000, go all in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Stock numbers are strange, I'm seeing the day open at $8.91 and the day low at $8.75.

Yeah, I had an order I put in yesterday at $8.33 that never hit so it didn't go down as low as PP said. 

• Like 1

I also have 100 of NCL and RCCL just in case I cruise with them.  RCCL is more expensive, though.  But it is like $35ish now and got up to $80+ a few months ago so I think it will go up. Most of my RCCL is at like $27-30 so I know it got down that low at one point back in 2020. 

Edited by Eli_6

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I also have 100 of NCL and RCCL just in case I cruise with them.  RCCL is more expensive, though.  But it is like $35ish now and got up to $80+ a few months ago so I think it will go up. Most of my RCCL is at like $27-30 so I know it got down that low at one point back in 2020. 

I think I remember RCCL being down as low as $18 in 2020

• Like 1

You don't have to hold the stock to get the onboard credit, I sometimes buy and immediately sell. All you need is the paper that shows you bought it, I've used that months later too. I'm not sure how long it's good for, but I'm not sending Carnival my statement, that's none of their business.

9 minutes ago, Sailor75 said:

You don't have to hold the stock to get the onboard credit, I sometimes buy and immediately sell. All you need is the paper that shows you bought it, I've used that months later too. I'm not sure how long it's good for, but I'm not sending Carnival my statement, that's none of their business.

You can black everything else out. In fact they require you to black out your customer identifying number for your account.

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I think I remember RCCL being down as low as $18 in 2020

The history say it got down to $23 and some change. Highest of all time was $135 in 2019/2020.  In November 2021, it got up to $96.

18 hours ago, CruzDayz said:

I like this. Princess has it and except for the Super Bowl I have done ok on my sports bets. It’s a fun way to invest some OBC. 

This is a good change for the bettor.    Didn't know Princess had something either.

Turn some of the gift shops into sportsbar-brewpubs may be more attractive to new cruisers,  not to mention old cruisers.

Maybe they should introduce cruising-keno to keep the revenue flowing.

Edited by JRG

On 6/14/2022 at 5:44 PM, BlerkOne said:

Carnival Corporation & plc is pleased to extend the following benefit to our shareholders:
NORTH AMERICA
BRANDS CONTINENTAL
EUROPE BRANDS UNITED KINGDOM
BRANDS AUSTRALIA
BRANDS
Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $250 €200 £150 A$250
Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days US $100 € 75 £ 60 A$100
Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $ 50 € 40 £ 30 A$ 50

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Another question, I have booked and paid for another stateroom for other passengers, in their names of course.  But since I am paying for the stateroom, may I claim the OBC?  (I presume the OBC will be applied to their stateroom.)

Edited by Kenito

On 6/17/2022 at 10:22 AM, PittsburghGirlee said:

Bought my 1st set of 100 shares at $37.50 - Thought that was a bargain back then/2008ish 😞

Bought my 2nd set of 100 shares at $12.37 - Dunno

Bought my 3rd set of 100 shares at $8.90 - I think that was when the Concordia flipped over, not 100% (2012)

I am contemplating buying 100 more soon.  Guess I'm a glutton for punishment or a hopeless dreamer!!

You are doing a good job at dollar cost averaging.

I am a long-term CCL stockholder.  I should have sold enough to recoup my initial investment when it was in the high $70s and be trading for free, but did not.  CCL is not the only stock I should have sold high... 🙃  but among the many gifts God issued to me at birth, a crystal ball was not among them.

In my portfolio of real estate, retirement mutual funds, small roll-over IRA accounts where I trade, CCL is not the focus, but the good thing is that it has been mobil and I expect it to remain that way.  Now may be the time for some quick buys and sells as it moves.

Friday I moved just 10% of my other mutual funds into cash.  Starting Monday I'm going to be watching CCL and taking buying opportunities.  If it goes up to $12.50 from Friday's close, that's a 30% increase.  $12.50 is not an unreasonable goal within the reasonable future.  CDC could make a favorable announcement and 30% could be an easy goal to meet.  I can put in a sell order and wait... 30% is not bad.  Even with terrible losses in my CCL stock, the long arc has me still with a 36% increase, so I'm not in a sweat.

I'm not saying this to prove myself a wizard, nothing like that at all... and I'm not, to be sure.  But it is my perspective.  My daddy said, "you never lose money making money."  So buying is not a permanent decision.  Buy and enjoy being a stockholder of something you really know, follow, and enjoy!  Ride out the low points and take the long-term view.  I think CCL is a good stock to practice this in... but I'm just an amateur.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

No, there is always zero

lol... yes, thanks for correcting me.  But I did say "perhaps."  And if one invests so much of their net worth in CCL stock, or any volatile stock, that losing it causes a major heartburn then 'perhaps' one's investment strategy needs a review.

Edited by Kenito
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kenito said:

lol... yes, thanks for correcting me.  But I did say "perhaps."  And if one invests so much of their net worth in CCL stock, or any volatile stock, that losing it causes a major heartburn then 'perhaps' one's investment strategy needs a review.

I agree.  These discussions have an underlying bifurcation that the casual viewer misses.  Some, like me, are simply seeking a shareholder benefit - that is an easy calculation and the risk is calculated over a very short term.  Those who invest need to do a more significant analysis.  

2 hours ago, Kenito said:

Another question, I have booked and paid for another stateroom for other passengers, in their names of course.  But since I am paying for the stateroom, may I claim the OBC?  (I presume the OBC will be applied to their stateroom.)

No. It is one credit per owner occupied stateroom.

19 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

So true, shareholders become the big losers in a bankruptcy reorganization.

In my late teens I worked at a restaurant which went bankrupt. It was then that I understood the pecking order - creditors chewed up the remaining assets, and the staff were left with nothing... I think that shareholders would mirror the staff experience!

Tom

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

In my late teens I worked at a restaurant which went bankrupt. It was then that I understood the pecking order - creditors chewed up the remaining assets, and the staff were left with nothing... I think that shareholders would mirror the staff experience!

Tom

Shareholders get anything left after the staff get paid.  But it is rare for a business to go bankrupt when there is anything for shareholders.