Luggage tags?

Kate-in-Canada

I am cruising July 24. I received an email today...30 days ahead of my cruise with my cruise documents in a 17 page PDF attachment which included one page which was a pre printed fold and staple luggage tag...can print as many as I want.

44 minutes ago, Kate-in-Canada said:

When do you normally get your edocs?

We are cruising in 2 days, have called Celebrity twice, was promised luggage tags at 14 days and then at 7 days, still no edocs and no luggage tags.  Fortunately we are traveling with a friend who is in the next cabin.  I just printed up enough of his luggage tags for all of us and will have everything sent to his cabin.  We don’t want to stand in an extra line in Vancouver to have a porter send our bags to another ship.

Our last 2 cruises (September 21 and March 22) we did not get tags and just waited until we got to the pier.  There are people who will tag your luggage with the real tags.  We saw a few of the paper printed tags laying on the ground that had fallen off where they load the bags onto the luggage carts.  Also saw some paper tags that had fallen off bags in the transfer bus.  Just a heads up. 

1 hour ago, TMaine said:

We saw a few of the paper printed tags laying on the ground that had fallen off where they load the bags onto the luggage carts.  Also saw some paper tags that had fallen off bags in the transfer bus. 

We have been printing our luggage tags in the UK for at least 5 years.

Last year I hadn’t had my e docs at 10 days before, so I contacted Celebrity Captain’s Club via social media ( the site we are not allowed to mention) and they then showed up on my Celebrity on line account ( the one which I used to book excursions etc).

I use the transparent luggage pockets, that Amazon sell. There are 2 sizes, the narrow ones for Celebrity an RCL and the wider ones for Princess.

085FCC23-0F7C-416B-97B5-0F856E503FC0.thumb.jpeg.4d3b52e278abb122d9c4bf679ce21c56.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TMaine said:

Our last 2 cruises (September 21 and March 22) we did not get tags and just waited until we got to the pier.  There are people who will tag your luggage with the real tags.  We saw a few of the paper printed tags laying on the ground that had fallen off where they load the bags onto the luggage carts.  Also saw some paper tags that had fallen off bags in the transfer bus.  Just a heads up. 

I bought some of the luggage tag holders from Amazon so they’d be secure.  I hope they get emailed. I’d rather not wait for this on the pier.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Last year I hadn’t had my e docs at 10 days before, so I contacted Celebrity Captain’s Club via social media ( the site we are not allowed to mention) and they then showed up on my Celebrity on line account ( the one which I used to book excursions etc).

I use the transparent luggage pockets, that Amazon sell. There are 2 sizes, the narrow ones for Celebrity an RCL and the wider ones for Princess.

085FCC23-0F7C-416B-97B5-0F856E503FC0.thumb.jpeg.4d3b52e278abb122d9c4bf679ce21c56.jpeg

I bought these tags too.  Hoping my docs get emailed.  I do t have any captains club points yet. First cruise ever. 

Last year I hadn’t had my e docs at 10 days before, so I contacted Celebrity Captain’s Club via social media ( the site we are not allowed to mention) and they then showed up on my Celebrity on line account ( the one which I used to book excursions etc.

if you are referring to Facebook, there is no prohibition to mentioning it on Cruise Critic.  The rules about Facebook have to do with Roll Calls.  Here is the Cruise Critic policy

37F87162-2CAF-422F-8094-9B59962560C9.png

Edited by Alakegirl

<snip> I contacted Celebrity Captain’s Club via social media ( the site we are not allowed to mention) and they then showed up on my Celebrity on line account ( the one which I used to book excursions etc).

You can mention Facebook. You are not allowed to drive traffic there.

I never received an email for our Edge cruise in 2 weeks but learned the edocs are online under your account. Sign in then select Manage Trip, then select Check In and you'll see the link to get your tags.

2 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

I never received an email for our Edge cruise in 2 weeks but learned the edocs are online under your account. Sign in then select Manage Trip, then select Check In and you'll see the link to get your tags.

Mine weren’t there 10 days before our cruise, yet other passengers were mentioning that theirs were 30 days before sailing date.

It seemed to depend on whether you had used a TA or not.

Those that had booked direct got theirs much earlier.

3 minutes ago, sydbarrett said:

We sail July 11 and no luggage tags available yet. I haven't received an email with edocs but I noticed the docs are on the Celebrity website, just not with luggage tags. We leave July 6 so hoping to get before then.

If your docs are ‘live’ on the Celebrity site, the luggage tags will be on the last page.

1 hour ago, Kate-in-Canada said:

I bought these tags too.  Hoping my docs get emailed.  I do t have any captains club points yet. First cruise ever. 

Highly suggest a piece of tape with your cabin number in Sharpie marker.  The paper tags are not very good.

If you have your edocs you have your tags.  Look on page 364!  (LOL)

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

1 hour ago, Kate-in-Canada said:

They don't get luggage tags emailed you will get an email saying the docs are available.   

About 10-20 days prior to the cruise will also see on the upcoming cruise -   Both at the top where it says see boarding pass there is a link to print luggage tags (don't need the full documents)  and the line that says View and Print Documents will turn teal and become active.

image.thumb.png.5807e24e05b1d0d1533f7a377ffcc01e.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Mine weren’t there 10 days before our cruise, yet other passengers were mentioning that theirs were 30 days before sailing date.

It seemed to depend on whether you had used a TA or not.

Those that had booked direct got theirs much earlier.

I think it is luck whether or not the luggage tags show up.  We are traveling with a friend- I initially made the reservations onboard almost 3 years ago.  The reservations have the same TA, final payment was made the same day, checkin was done the same day, yet one cabin received edocs and luggage tags and the other cabin did not.

I purchased the luggage tag holders from Amazon and will have 6 pieces of luggage delivered to the cabin next door to ours.

With 3 ships in port tomorrow in Vancouver I expect the line for luggage tags to be quite long.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

They don't get luggage tags emailed you will get an email saying the docs are available.   

About 10-20 days prior to the cruise will also see on the upcoming cruise -   Both at the top where it says see boarding pass there is a link to print luggage tags (don't need the full documents)  and the line that says View and Print Documents will turn teal and become active.

image.thumb.png.5807e24e05b1d0d1533f7a377ffcc01e.png

Thank you for clarification. I have been checking the app which I didn’t see this anywhere.

So I checked the website version today and I see this page you have captured.  It says tags and pending and edocs are not avail yet.  I’m at 41 days so ill keep an eye there.

my vaccination is still pending review so maybe after they approve that..

46 minutes ago, Kate-in-Canada said:

Thank you for clarification. I have been checking the app which I didn’t see this anywhere.

So I checked the website version today and I see this page you have captured.  It says tags and pending and edocs are not avail yet.  I’m at 41 days so ill keep an eye there.

my vaccination is still pending review so maybe after they approve that..

I'm close by, my cruise in in 45 days thus also still greyed out.

I don't believe you can get them directly in the App but I have pulled it up on my phone using the browser and printed direct from my iPhone.

Edited by Jim_Iain

6 hours ago, upwarduk said:

If your docs are ‘live’ on the Celebrity site, the luggage tags will be on the last page.

Ha, you're right, thanks! I swore I read every page but I must have stopped when I learned I needed a visa for Turkey. Slight panic lol