Unlimited Beverage Package: Strategies?

7 minutes ago, gottacruisemore said:

Hey, as a designer let me say, that font is in no way wedding appropriate! 🤣😂

What's weird is the font on my iPhone is different than what shows on my desktop. 

12 hours ago, LGW59 said:

"fresh" OJ and "fresh squeezed" OJ - Oh my, surely you jest!?!  There have been live cruise vlogs here with the quest to find "fresh squeezed" to the point of taking and posting pictures of both, searching throughout the ship and asking behind the scenes kitchen/beverage staff where it is, what kind of machine do they use, does it get squeezed by a machine or by hand.  The indignity of saying it is fresh squeezed when it is machine squeezed or pre-packaged.  Can't wait for those vlogs to start up again..

As far as fresh squeezed on RCL...at the fresh squeeze station in the windjammer, you will literally see the pile of orange skins (halves) from the manual (via electrical spinning juicer) leftovers. So as far as fresh squeezed vs fresh goes, the fresh squeeze station literally is pure OJ pulped from pressing half cut oranges onto the spinning device.

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

What's weird is the font on my iPhone is different than what shows on my desktop. 

That's been a known issue with this site - that's why folks sometimes have no issue when viewing on a laptop browser (and don't comment) but folks viewing on mobile devices do.

The best strategy is just get whatever you want whenever you want, don't finish anything you don't like, and take cruises that stop at Coco Cay/Labadee so you can use it in those ports. The best thing about the package is not having to look at the prices or keep track of what you're spending.

Also keep in mind that its not just alcohol you can use it for, you can get better coffee/specialty coffees, bottled water, juices, etc

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:12 PM, Tree_skier said:

On my last cruise aboard Odyssey in February I had the DBP and I got it for $60 a day. My week long total, if calculated as paying cash, would have been over double that (8x60=480). 

But without the package, would you have actually drank the same amount?

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 6:22 PM, Dantorr said:

I know this has to be a burn out topic, some may say controversial......

Been a while since my last cruise, want to start this topic to share your strategies to conquer/get the best/squeeze the last penny of the UBP.

Please, don't be shy......share your wisdom 🤪

I get the soda package and then if I want an R&C I just purchase a double shot.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:51 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I could probable give you some ideas, but I can’t read your font so I have no idea what you are asking about. 

I'm not answering direct either

On 7/2/2022 at 3:15 PM, karena1 said:

We always get our money's worth.  If my beer is half empty and warm, I order a new one.  If husband's drink is watered down, get a new one.  If we try something we don't like, we get a new one. Plus with my husband's specialty coffees with Bailey's in the morning, water/soda and I have a couple Mimosa's, the package pays for itself before you know it.

Warm beer🤔

How does that happen

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

But without the package, would you have actually drank the same amount?

I imagine there might be a little less restraint than had I been paying cash for everything but I’ll find out for sure on my next one in August to Alaska.  This will be our first cruise as diamond.  I’m going to use the vouchers for the expensive drinks and pay cash for for Latte’s and bottles of Strongbow I drink. Also, I have preordered a 24 pack of water for the room.  I’ll total up the cost and compare it to the $66 a day I would have spent on the package.  That will determine my future decisions.

• Like 1

We are going without on our next cruise (just me & hubby).  I know I struggled more than I expected to on our 7 day in March.  Found I’d lost my taste for the sweet fruity frozen drinks.   Bar in WJ never seemed to have the Baileys I usually add to my morning coffee so I didn’t have that.  We’ll be Diamond after that & I’m guessing 4ish per day will be enough. 

Maybe I’ll bring wine for dinner & a 12 pack of our diet ginger ale.

Edited by poocher

Easy, just following these steps:

1. Bring one or two empty large suitcase when boarding.

2. Order lots of Redbull cans and don't open them, order at least 10 a day and pack them into suitcase for consumption at home..

3. Order the most expensive beer (probably an IPA) several times in different bars and don't open them, pack them as well to your suitcases for bringing home and drink later..

4. Order several shots of Chivas or some other Whisky straight up, no ice or water (I prefer Gentlemen Jack) and pur them into an empty water bottle. Bring home for future consumption...

5. Drink so much that you crash into bed every night (and the sunbeds on deck for a nap every time before lunch)

I have faith in you! I really think that by following these easy steps that you will get the most out of your drink package 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, gottacruisemore said:

Hey, as a designer let me say, that font is in no way wedding appropriate! 🤣😂

Ok, ok!!!!!! Pardon for being so naive on the Font issue.....after a few days log in checking why you guys/gals are so damn annoyed by that, I figure it out

Btw, for the benefit of those.......will bold, italic and size it up the Default font......hope this will please your eyes 😛  

Edited by Dantorr
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dantorr said:

Ok, ok!!!!!! Pardon for being so naive on the Font issue.....after a few days log in checking why you guys/gals are so damn annoying by that, I figure it out

Btw, for the benefit of those.......will bold, italic and size it up the Default font......hope this will please your eyes 😛  

Smart a#%#%. You’ll fit right in here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

Easy, just following these steps:

1. Bring one or two empty large suitcase when boarding.

2. Order lots of Redbull cans and don't open them, order at least 10 a day and pack them into suitcase for consumption at home..

3. Order the most expensive beer (probably an IPA) several times in different bars and don't open them, pack them as well to your suitcases for bringing home and drink later..

4. Order several shots of Chivas or some other Whisky straight up, no ice or water (I prefer Gentlemen Jack) and pur them into an empty water bottle. Bring home for future consumption...

5. Drink so much that you crash into bed every night (and the sunbeds on deck for a nap every time before lunch)

I have faith in you! I really think that by following these easy steps that you will get the most out of your drink package 😀 

Great advise!!!!!!! will take #3 and #4.....#5 is too much, don't want to outshine some illustrious board members 😛

Edited by Dantorr

20 minutes ago, Dantorr said:

Ok, ok!!!!!! Pardon for being so naive on the Font issue.....after a few days log in checking why you guys/gals are so damn annoyed by that, I figure it out

No need to get nasty. 🙄

By the way, on related topic.....(want to save time not searching)

I remember, back a few years ago, that a wine package was offered only onboard at the main dinning......double check with my Dr and not yet on Alzheimer years........the package was like 3, 5 and 7 bottles or so........do that package is still available?

Edited by Dantorr

8 minutes ago, poocher said:

Nope, not illustrated either.

ILLUSTRIOUS 

fixed the font so you can read it.

really? already edited......the next time will send my post so you can do the grammar check that browser won't do

• Like 1