Room Service on Princess

stevenr597

I read that most of the night spots are closing early on Princess.  With that in mind, if you wanted to have a "light bite" after midnight, is room service still available, and if so what is on the menu?

Room service definitely available...I *think* 24 hours but someone correct me if I'm wrong.  They used to have a room service menu in the book provided in each cabin...but that may have gone by the wayside during pandemic.  I believe you can order either via the app or via TV.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

Am I correct in assuming that if I have a drinks pkg there’s no additional charge for drinks or coffees that are delivered to the room?

many thx for the link to the menus - very helpful.

I don't believe you can use the drink package with room service. You can go to any bar and get to-go drinks for your room, though. 

5 minutes ago, oldbluff said:

I don't believe you can use the drink package with room service. You can go to any bar and get to-go drinks for your room, though. 

You absolutely can. I’ve ordered morning Bloody Mary’s, afternoon beers and pre-dinner wines for both of us almost everyday. On top of that morning lattes and Americanos with our drink package. It was so easy and convenient. This was the best part of the drink package.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, oldbluff said:

I don't believe you can use the drink package with room service.

That used to be the policy.

But with the heavy promotion of the ability to order something with Medallion technology and have it delivered to wherever you are on the ship. And that includes your cabin.

• Like 1

Yes available 24 hours.  We ordered many nights after 1:00-2:00AM.  Just need to be patient as it took between 25-50 minutes for delivery.  Drinks that you'd normally get with drink package are available.  I got the soda package, so I ordered coke, key west cooler, etc.  Menu had more variety than I remembered from before, but not 100% sure.  We used to only order for breakfast.

You can order through TV, app, or called.  After using the app the first time and experiencing 50+ mins, I called only because I felt like I could ask how long it was going to be.  They mostly said 20-30 mins.  We were going to order through TV one night but needed iced water and there was no choice for that.

3 hours ago, boltnut55 said:

We were going to order through TV one night but needed iced water and there was no choice for that.

A bit off topic, but we all know in-cabin ice buckets are long gone. I bring a small (6 pack size) collapsible cooler and a large zip lock baggie. I have the steward fill with ice when he/she comes, and I have ice and ice water any time I want it. Must be common, as they are never surprised by the request. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

A bit off topic, but we all know in-cabin ice buckets are long gone. I bring a small (6 pack size) collapsible cooler and a large zip lock baggie. I have the steward fill with ice when he/she comes, and I have ice and ice water any time I want it. Must be common, as they are never surprised by the request. 

That's interesting to hear of no in-cabin ice buckets. As frequent Princess cruisers from Australian ports we've never had a cruise without ice buckets replenished daily in cabin. Just off the Coral Princess last week and again enjoyed the convenience of ice buckets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Huh? Discovery in April we had an ice bucket.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Huh? Discovery in April we had an ice bucket.

Good to hear.  Guess I should have added the caveat that I normally cruise Celebrity, it's been a few years since I've been on Princess.  I didn't mean to cause a panic! Thanks for the clarification. 

I'll still bring my add- on "bucket" for my upcoming Princess cruises, I drink a lot of cold water.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

We had ice buckets on our two cruises (Caribbean Princess and Enchanted Princess) this year.

7 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Good to hear.  Guess I should have added the caveat that I normally cruise Celebrity, it's been a few years since I've been on Princess.  I didn't mean to cause a panic! Thanks for the clarification. 

I'll still bring my add- on "bucket" for my upcoming Princess cruises, I drink a lot of cold water.

Ice buckets are standard in Princess cabins, and steward will keep it full all the time. And you can order ice water from room service no charge at all. Or extra ice, etc. 

• Like 1

Room service was "interesting" on Royal in May. My wife ordered a Vanilla Latte, a Kahlua, and a Bailey's. They delivered 2 Baileys, 1 Kahlua, and no Latte. I ordered the Latte again on my account (along with some chicken strips and chips) and my order came fine. I ordered a double shot of Bulleit up on Lido deck and consumed it there. Then I went back to my cabin and 10 minutes later there was a knock at the door and room service was delivering my drink. The same drink I had already had up on Lido deck. I just thanked the guy and accepted the drink anyway. It was covered under the Plus package so not worth any hassle.

A friend from Canada also ordered the chicken strips and chips. She did it from the phone and so didn't see the picture that shows when ordering from the TV (which is how we did all of our room service ordering). She was surprised when the "chips" she ordered turned out to be "crisps". D'Oh!  Same language but different meanings. She wanted fries (chips in Canada). We found ordering room service from the TV to be easy and there were options to "customize" somewhat. It's not actually as flexible as ordering something in person at a venue but was pretty good overall.

• Like 3

Here's what I'd like to add about room service. They will track you down! On the Ruby last fall, we ordered lunch from room service. After a nearly two hour wait, my DH was done with that. He wanted to be fed! We went down to the buffet and got some food. We sat down and started eating. A room service guy showed up at our table with our lunch order! We didn't mean to make the poor guy run around tracking us down - we just couldn't see that our order was going anywhere. So, we gave up. We apologized to him, but I'm not sure that was called for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

Here's what I'd like to add about room service. They will track you down! On the Ruby last fall, we ordered lunch from room service. After a nearly two hour wait, my DH was done with that. He wanted to be fed! We went down to the buffet and got some food. We sat down and started eating. A room service guy showed up at our table with our lunch order! We didn't mean to make the poor guy run around tracking us down - we just couldn't see that our order was going anywhere. So, we gave up. We apologized to him, but I'm not sure that was called for.

With the medallion, they can track you all over the ship.

14 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

With the medallion, they can track you all over the ship.

Yes, we knew that, but having the guy turn up in the buffet was still a surprise. Getting the order at all after two hours was a surprise.

• Like 1

I can only say that there was no ice bucket already in the cabin when we came in, but perhaps if we asked for ice service, they would have left one there.  In the past, we did ask for ice, but the steward normally is off work by the time I want it (usually like after 11:00PM), and I don't want to bug them, so we try to remember to bring our own back to the room except kept forgetting.

Ice delivered to your cabin is an option on the app. I used it last month at the same time I requested extra hangers. Our room steward was a champ and showed up with both 15 minutes later. It was handy to have Rodrigo refill the ice bucket daily as I like my ice and it was particularly handy for filling our water bottles.