Cruise Compass

Currently onboard the Navigator...no Cruise Compass being delivered in our cabin. (No worries...we just look at the schedule on tv, or the Wayfinders by the stairs, or the app.)

Still WANT the hardcopy Dailies as I usually note (yellow highlighter) what I might be interested in.

I was an IT Director, so yes this might be 'low-tech' but I find it easier than moving up and down in the ap or that incredibly slow TV scrolling.

If its not on my bed.... I will ask the cabin steward or 'worse case scenario' go to the always crowded Guest Relations!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Still WANT the hardcopy Dailies as I usually note (yellow highlighter) what I might be interested in.

I was an IT Director, so yes this might be 'low-tech' but I find it easier than moving up and down in the ap or that incredibly slow TV scrolling.

If its not on my bed.... I will ask the cabin steward or 'worse case scenario' go to the always crowded Guest Relations!

They are in racks that are self service at guest relations so crowd will not effect your ability to take one out of the rack.

We were on the Oasis last month.  I am a Diamond member & got them on my bed every night.  My son was on his first cruise & did not get them.  I appeared that they were distributed by loyalty member.  First time cruiser IMO should have received them.

1 hour ago, PTAngel said:

We were on the Oasis last month.  I am a Diamond member & got them on my bed every night.  My son was on his first cruise & did not get them.  I appeared that they were distributed by loyalty member.  First time cruiser IMO should have received them.

I agree that the first timer should get them,but wonder if RCI is looking at a younger cruiser as someone who prefers to use the app over paper so they're kind of herding him in that direction.

We were on Anthem in March and no CCs were delivered to our interior cabins.  They were available at guest relations and others on the cruise reported getting them delivered.  So not sure what the method is if they're trying to do away with them.  I thought maybe it was a supply issue, but it does seem persistent so no longer sure if that's still a plausible explanation.

2 hours ago, PTAngel said:

I believe they also automatically distribute them to older guests - maybe 65+?  I guess they figure old folks are too technologically-challenged to handle those new-fangled smart phone apps!  

• Haha 2

From what we've experienced recently they seem to be heading back to delivering them nightly. Perhaps RCI didn't realize the backlash this created from cruiser's that have missed them.

"rudney" regardless of age and technology abilities !!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I believe they also automatically distribute them to older guests - maybe 65+?  I guess they figure old folks are too technologically-challenged to handle those new-fangled smart phone apps!  

Speaking for yourself. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Speaking for yourself. 

😜

I'm in my 60's wife is 70.  We both still work (in technology jobs) and are very well-versed in using smart phone apps, etc.  So it's not an issue for us.  I'm a "paperless" type person.  We have very little paper in the house with everything being either electronic in the first place, or, if it arrives as paper, it gets scanned and stored in "the cloud".  Yet for some reason, when on a ship, I love to have the physical paper Cruise Compass to peruse.  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Carlo16 said:

I read that they aren’t putting them in your room anymore. Can you get a printed copy somewhere ? Or is it just on your TV? It seems like a lot of shows and events are not on the app. 

4 hours ago, Project-College said:

We have been on the Wonder and the Quantum this year and the Compass was delivered to our room nightly. It was the same (delivered) on our cruises late last year. 

46 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Well,,, the Royal app is pretty pathetic. And their approach to displaying information is prehistoric. Other cruise lines actually give you a Compass that looks like a compass, not 50 pages of mostly advertisement entries of things to do. Same with a menus

Royal app Compass page - 3 items per page

image.thumb.png.017707250334755cbbcb4c430d1c051f.png

The other guy app's "Compass" page

image.thumb.png.a18d2d92a97a22ad541911832096df38.png

Royal App's Menus

image.thumb.png.14ec249598587a9069df8efd5bbd4f77.png

The Other Guy's App menus

image.thumb.png.552bac47e1b0e4868a8629bcd9b6861e.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rudeney said:

😜

I'm in my 60's wife is 70.  We both still work (in technology jobs) and are very well-versed in using smart phone apps, etc.  So it's not an issue for us.  I'm a "paperless" type person.  We have very little paper in the house with everything being either electronic in the first place, or, if it arrives as paper, it gets scanned and stored in "the cloud".  Yet for some reason, when on a ship, I love to have the physical paper Cruise Compass to peruse.  

Not an issue for us either, youngster. 😜 And we are both retired (RDINKS) and never worked in the technology field, 😜. We prefer paper when traveling (hotels, cruises, airlines). Even though I have all the info on my phone. I don't want to be that person (no matter the age) fumbling around with my phone (either operator error or other phone issues) holding up the line. We received the Cruise Compass in our cabin each evening on our March B2B cruise on the Explorer.  Never had to ask. Didn't realize it was an issue on some ships until reading it here on CC. 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2022 at 12:48 AM, bonsai3s said:

Currently onboard the Navigator...no Cruise Compass being delivered in our cabin. (No worries...we just look at the schedule on tv, or the Wayfinders by the stairs, or the app.)

I wonder if they would leave them in your cabin if you asked? Or are they just not doing it anymore?

Hey guys, the reason being that I gotta have one, was a cruise virgin, didn't know about reading the cruise guide for every day, an just wandered around an thought, what is there to do. The cruise ship was Boheme Commadore cruise line, an not much to do, that was back in 1982, after that found rcl an haven't looked back, no other cruise lines will do, cept princess.

Just now, gottagoacruzn said:

Hey guys, the reason being that I gotta have one, was a cruise virgin, didn't know about reading the cruise guide for every day, an just wandered around an thought, what is there to do. The ship was Boheme Commadore cruise line, an not much to do, that was back in 1982, after that found rcl an haven't looked back, no other cruise lines will do, cept princess.