The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 11th, 2022

richwmn

@StLouisCruisers. Sandi. If you are having that much pain, do not wait for your doctor.  Go to the ER and tell them you recently had flown from Europe and are having pain in your leg and suspect a DVT.  They will do an ultrasound.  Even if you don’t have one, it will put your mind at ease.  Don’t play around with this stuff.  

I waited too long and ended up with pulmonary emboli that almost killed me a number of years ago.

Please do it.

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I do my best to try to cheer up the lonely by randomly sending cards and making phone calls; I think the good feeling goes both ways.   We enjoy blueberry muffins and I happen to have some blueberries in the fridge right now, so might just make up a batch for us this morning.  I had to look up Bowdler's Day; it's interesting that it should come up at this time when there appears to be censorship happening in various places.

We had more rain yesterday, but it appears the clouds have all moved on - the forecast for the next 7 days shows temperatures for us in the high 20s and low 30's (80's and 90's), which is typical for summers on the "frozen tundra".  Of course the rain means the little biters (mosquitos) are proliferating, so we'd better be sure we have lots of citronella candles available if we want to enjoy the outdoors.  

@kazuI'm glad you've been able to secure the support of your friend Debbie who will take care of Shadow (love the name!) when you are away.  You're so fortunate to have someone who understands dogs and loves them as you do.

@StLouisCruisersI'm sorry your DD tested positive and hope her symptoms are mild.  I do hope her family will still be able to get away and enjoy the vacation, even though Mom is at home with Sadie.  Continued prayers for Buddy as he prepares for his journey, and for his family as they prepare for life without him.

I like today's menu suggestion, and with the hot weather coming, I'm leaning toward salad for dinner.  I've got a large chicken breast thawing, will toss it on the barbecue, slice it up and top a big Caesar salad with it.  Served with crusty bread, I think it'll make a nice summer's evening dinner for us tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra for the people of Ukraine and all who continue to provide aid.  We'll salute all on the celebration with the raising of our glasses.  Stay well, wear masks when needed, get those boosters, and be safe.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 33

14 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Please try to get evaluated to make sure that this is not a blood clot in your leg from your flight and the travelling. I had a friend some years ago who got a clot and had several months of problems before it resolved. Now I always wear compression socks when I travel.

Mary

I just called the office and told them I have been trying to schedule a visit since last Wednesday and she put me right through to scheduling.  However my doctor and his PA (who I see a lot) are booked up for weeks.  She told me I could walk in anytime between 8 and 4 and see one of the other PAs, so I think I'll have to do that.

And when I saw my dermatologist last week she gave me some instructions on types, weights of compression socks so I can get some of those.

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your daughter has returned home with Covid.

Pauline tested positive in March when we got home after our P&O Iona cruise.

I hope Sadie is well.

Sorry to hear you have a leg issue which might be a vein issue especially after a long flight but you do right to want to get it sorted quickly.

Prayers 🙏 for Buddy and all your family in his last days.

Take care.

Graham.

Thanks Graham.  I'm getting right on it!

5 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@StLouisCruisers  I had leg pain the last time we flew from Seattle back to Atlanta.  PLEASE find either a doc to see you now, or chose a quiet time of day and just go to the emergency room.  When I called my doc  two days after coming home, they saw me that day.  Call them again!

done nagging.

@Sea Viewer thanks for the tip about the compression socks.

Thanks Ann for your concern.  I'm going today!

Just now, Cruzin Terri said:

@StLouisCruisers. Sandi. If you are having that much pain, do not wait for your doctor.  Go to the ER and tell them you recently had flown from Europe and are having pain in your leg and suspect a DVT.  They will do an ultrasound.  Even if you don’t have one, it will put your mind at ease.  Don’t play around with this stuff.  

I waited too long and ended up with pulmonary emboli that almost killed me a number of years ago.

Please do it.

Terri

I'm sorry to hear you nearly died from a pulmonary emboli.  That's so scary.  I hope they will do the ultrasound and figure something out.  

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I'm going to go through the clothes I put out to take with me and decide what I really need and what I don't.

Same here. Got the suitcases out for our 7/17 Alaskan cruise. Driving to Tampa Thursday and flying to Seattle on Friday.

• Like 25

53 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Please try to get evaluated to make sure that this is not a blood clot in your leg from your flight and the travelling. I had a friend some years ago who got a clot and had several months of problems before it resolved. Now I always wear compression socks when I travel.

Mary

I was going to say the same thing.  @StLouisCruisers Sandi, I am glad you are going in today.   We all want to rest easy that it is not serious.  Covid can cause blood clots so it is nothing to fool with.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

Love blueberries, hate censorship. I find it interesting that the same groups that claim to love freedom are the ones most in fsvor of censorship.

The meal suggestion sounds great.

The forcaste for today here is sunny to partly cloudy with little chance of precipitation . (right now it is pouring)LOL.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We spent the evening in the small quaint town of Manzanita, Oregon. Walked around town, enjoyed a wine tasting, had an early dinner and off to bed. Headed for breakfast then will hit the road to Seattle. We have a couple of scenic stops along the way.

It will in turn be an early evening as tomorrow will be a very early arrival at the airport for an early flight home.

Thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily contributions.

• Like 31

We had a perfect morning for fishing, cloudy and light chop.  John got 2 walleye so fish fry for dinner tonight.  

Thank you for the daily reports!  @kazuthanks for the info on the Baladi dogs.   Prayers for those needing them and those on the care report. Prayers for the people of Ukraine. 🙏🇺🇦

About 4 years ago I spread milkweed seeds around the yard and it took 2 years for them to germinate.  Now I have three small stands of them and I was thrilled to see a Monarch has found them.  The caterpillar is about an inch long.   Have a great day!

IMG_20220710_095620047.jpg

• Like 35

Good morning all!

We're having lovely weather here, low-high 70's F and sunshine.  As we say here, summer comes after the 4th of July. 😉  

Rushing again this morning, another busy 2 days in store.  We'll be with the DGSs all afternoon, take them to their Taekwondo class, and then home to our house for the night.  Tomorrow my neighbor's granddaughter will come over to play with them (lots of water balloons, squirt guns, cookies and milk).  

I plan to rest and do absolutely nothing on Wednesday!

DH will try to reach some window companies this morning before we leave.  That shattered skylight makes me so nervous.  Hope we can get someone out here quickly.

Have a great day everyone, prayers for all on the care list and cheers for those on the celebrations list!

• Like 30

Good morning  to all.We are  at my. wonderful SIL's home  in SE  Mass. We drive later to my son's rental on the Cape .

We were supposed  to see Camilla but unfortunately  she and her parents  have covid for the second time. So far they are doing ok but we worry anyhow.I did see my  niece  and nephew for the first time since last year.

My DD called to tell me they are all managing well at home.The hospice nurse was there yesterday and changed some meds.

The dog sitter sends photos of our two with her small dog.The dogs are having fun too!

My best to all of you

Terry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Tomorrow my neighbor's granddaughter will come over to play with them (lots of water balloons, squirt guns, cookies and milk).  

Don't forget bubble making supplies can take up some of their time and energy as well!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning, All.   Blueberry muffins sound good.  After morning mammogram, maybe we'll get some along with coffee.  

Loneliness is a real problem now.  

Oddly, "Bowdlerized" was a word we actually used in our house when I was a kid -- mostly in reference to movies that were cut up so that they could be shown on television.  Never in my life did I imagine that it was the name of a person -- it was just a word for us.  "Yes, I saw that movie, but not at the theater, so it was pretty bowdlerized."   Who knew?

We have been to Tunis -- went to the souk and the Bardo Museum.  I think I posted a couple photos last time the port came up. We had a good day there, but I'd never return.  

I hope everyone's week starts off well.  Thinking of you all -- praying for the hurting and celebrating with those having joyful times.  Happy Monday!

• Like 34

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Please do it.

Terri

Sorry to hear about your pulmonary emboli Terri.

I hope you had a full recovery.

Great advice to Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Don't forget bubble making supplies can take up some of their time and energy as well!

Thanks for the reminder!  The boys have lots of bubble making supplies, I'll make sure they bring some from home.  When I was there on Friday they were using the squirt guns to hit the bubbles LOL. 

• Like 19
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear about your pulmonary emboli Terri.

I hope you had a full recovery.

Great advice to Sandi.

Graham.

Thank you Graham.  It left me with some pulmonary issues.  That is why I was terrified of getting Covid and it took me so long to recover from it.

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you Graham.  It left me with some pulmonary issues.  That is why I was terrified of getting Covid and it took me so long to recover from it.

Terri

I'm so pleased you have got over it Terri.

I was on 2 different blood thinners after having a coronary stent fitted in December 2019 after my NStemi which I believe helped me when I had a bad case of covid in November 2020 before vaccines were available as covid is known to cause blood clots.

Graham. 

• Like 13

Good morning from central Texas where it will be very hot for the week.

Cheering up the lonely should be every day.  We like blueberry muffins, but will wait until it is coolermto bake any.  I think Bowlsder's day should be observed not celebrated to remind us of the evils of censorship.  If you don't like or approve of something, then don't  read it, watch it or listen to it.  We need the free flow of ideas and correct information.

I like today’s quote. 

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

We have not been to Tunisia.

@cat shepard  Ann, the girls had another hit with the meme.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad you are going to take the dog.   You need each other.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm sorry your DD has Covid, and hope she is better soon.  It is good that so many are able to visit Buddy.  It's good his son's school is able to work with him to give him the time to be with his father and family.  I'm glad you were able to get through to the doctors office and are going in to be checked today.

@aliaschief  Enjoy another day sightseeing, and a safe travels tomorrow.  Still sending good thoughts that the airline gods look kindly on you.

@smitty34877  Terry, how sad Camilla and her parents have Covid formthe second time.  Enjoy your time at the cape.  Glad things are going well at home.

I'm off to see the PA at the doctor's office to check the prescription for blood pressure medicine since I just started taking it in April.  It's worrking but I probably need to have it adjusted.

Lenda 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

I'm supposed to eat blueberries, but not muffins. I had blueberries with shredded wheat for breakfast

Today I have four Zoom sessions in a row, starting at noon; I'm the host for three of them. The first two are at noon and 1:00 and I'll probably eat lunch, with the camera off, during it since I don't have to speak except at the beginning and end.

1463710138_Calleditaday.jpg.d11e89b94ba2cfc32f0e6b6298012742.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I know that Rich chooses the days a year in advance, but oddly enough, there is an article this morning on the "googly news" about how many people these days are suffering from loneliness.

The 'days' come from an online list - I don't make them up. I find quite often that the news here also mentions the particulars of a given day. By the way, that would be the Atlanta news since that is what I get here.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily/Fleet Report.

The Daily family cheers me up when I'm feeling lonely! I like blueberry muffins. Can't celebrate Bowdler.

I like the quote. I'll take the chicken part of the meal; I've never had fennel, but like fennel seeds in certain recipes. I'll pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to La Goulette.

It's going to be hot and humid again today. I'll mainly be inside; laundry and the usual sorting through stuff to donate. BFF helped me with a couple of things yesterday (like getting my vintage heavy oak porch swing adjusted). Then we just sat on the porch and chatted. I don't use my front porch often myself, and what had been the back porch was converted into a room many years ago.

@Cruzin Terri I found that book for download from my library, so I'll be reading it too.

@kazu It sounds like things for Shadow are worked out, if she can get there. LOL on more plants!

@StLouisCruisers Sorry to hear of the leg issues. Maybe try urgent care if you can't get into your doctor's office; I'd worry about a blood clot. Oh no on DD being positive after her cruise; thankfully mild. Good to hear that DBIL is now negative, and he and DS could go to visit Buddy. So sad to hear the end is near for Buddy, but it's good his family can spend time with him.

@smitty34877 So sorry to hear Camilla and her parents have Covid, and that you won't get to see her. Good news that DD is doing ok in your absence.

@aliaschief Safe travels tomorrow.

@St. Louis Sal Thinking of you.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

@smitty34877 I'm sorry to hear Camilla and her parents have Covid.   This virus is a major PITA.   Enjoy your time away and come home refreshed.

I am currently on hold with Flight Ease.  Lufthansa and United both claim that our return flight tickets have not been issued.   I can't access the e-tickets for our trip and we fly out Friday.   The first time I was on hold with Flight Ease I had spent most of my "less than an hour's wait" when I was disconnected.  So, I am now on hold for a "less than 2 hours wait".   Joy, oh joy.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3