The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 12th, 2022

richwmn

As usual, late to the party!  @marshhawk, your last meme spoke to me so much.  Thank you!

@durangoscots, so sorry about your fall.  I would love to see you, but not visiting you in St. Mary's in GJ!  Please take care, and be so very careful.

@StLouisCruisershope that someone can find out what is going on with your leg.  It can become very scary when no one knows what is going on.

@grapau27, hope that the awful virus is easy on your precious Sarah. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser, this heat will end --------- in September or October!  HA!

Prayers for those in need, and happy for those celebrating.  

Mary Kay

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruising-along Options for the destruction of the the skylight.

If it had been a bullet, you might find the bullet in the floor under the sky light, or in the gutters along the house..  If not found, go on to other theory-a crow was on the sky light, and saw a sparkly beneath him, and attacked the window for the sparkly.  However, crows while undeterred by challenges are not stupid, and would not have totally destroyed the window.  So here is option 3, one clear night while everyone was asleep a lonely star fell to earth, looking for a place with warmth and comfort, and found your home, and entered through the sky light.....or it was a meteorite the size of a grain of sand that hit the window and burned up so quickly it left no evidence. (same thing)

So far we haven't found anything (checked the carpet under the skylight, and the roofers who gave first estimate yesterday saw nothing on the roof).  The skylight is on the second story, so not easy for us to inspect. I'm going with the meteorite theory unless we find something to prove otherwise. 😅

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon!  The morning got away from me, long story but most of it was spent on hold with a government agency for DH. 

We have retired the flamingo. Craig needed a part for the pool vacuum and purchased a new gage while at the pool store. It’s a clown fish which seems to be more accurate than the flamingo by about 4 degrees.  Can’t believe we wasted a few weeks not getting in the pool because of a faulty old gage.  We are really enjoying the pool now. 

We are big paper bag users. Trader Joe’s uses only paper bags and then we use them for our recycle. Craig also uses lunch size bags for his popcorn cooked in the microwave. 

Sorry to hear about health and other issues. Graham, I’m hoping Sarah recovers quickly. Joy, I hope your DS finds out what is going on with her eye (maybe conjunctivitis? —very contagious BTW).  Susan, what a nasty fall. Similar thing happened to me when I was walking from a paved road to an unpaved road. Ouch. Hope your nose feels better. Crummy about your glasses!  I know I missed someone. Sometimes it’s hard to keep track. 

Have a great day everyone!

9 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. Thanks for the Daily/Fleet Report.

I appreciate cows! I had an Etch-a-Sketch as a kid. Paper bags are ok, but I like reusable ones.

Not sure about the quote. Pass on the meal due to the carbs. I like the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Whitehorse. Thanks for the pictures.

It's hot and humid here, with possible rain, but so far they've been wrong. I'm late today. I went out to a late lunch with BFF and another friend; Fortunately the restaurant was fairly empty.

@HAL Sailer Sorry to hear your DB is so sick with Covid. Prayers for him. 

@dfish I'm glad your and Donna's flights are straightened out.

@StLouisCruisers Hoping the leg feels better soon. Continued prayers for your family. It would be nice if DH only required the cream.

@marshhawk I hope you and DH will test negative.

@Dr.Dobro Welcome to the Daily! Fun picture.

@Cruising-along Sorry about the expensive skylight replacement.

@durangoscots Oh no on your fall and black eye! Thankfully no broken bones and that Bob happened to come by to help. 

@grapau27 I hope Sarah has a mild case.

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for your sister that her eye is taken care of ASAP.

@Norseh2o I'm very glad your DM has done well after her Covid diagnosis. Great that your sister is there with her.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos!

@aliaschief Good to hear you are home safely.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

6 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Oh, my, what a fall! Prayers, @durangoscots that your bumps, bruises, cuts heal quickly and without too much pain.

Prayers that your Sarah will have a light case and quick recovery. I'm sure you, @grapau27, and Pauline are very concerned.

3 hours ago, cruzn single said:

As usual, late to the party!  @marshhawk, your last meme spoke to me so much.  Thank you!

@durangoscots, so sorry about your fall.  I would love to see you, but not visiting you in St. Mary's in GJ!  Please take care, and be so very careful.

@StLouisCruisershope that someone can find out what is going on with your leg.  It can become very scary when no one knows what is going on.

Mary Kay

Thank you dailyite friends for your kind concerns for our Sarah with her covid infection.

Graham.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Dr.Dobro Welcome!

@durangoscotsOuch about that fall.  Glad you had a neighbour there to help.

@grapau27Sorry about Sarah.  I'm glad she's got you and Pauline.

@Seasick Sailor Hope someone can help your sister's eye.

@aliaschiefWelcome home.

Thank you Melanie for your nice words.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Mary Kay

Yes, the heat will end, or at least it should, but the question is when.  It started a lot earlier this year and has been hotter than in normal years.  But then, the weather patterns have not really been normal for several years.  We'll just have to ride it out and hope it ends in early fall.

Lenda

• Like 5