Diamond Lounge Coffee

10 hours ago, BND said:

We love good coffee.  My preferred coffee is Jamaican Blue Mountain or a good Kona.  DL coffee is neither.  I also don't drink the "free" coffee onboard.  Every time we go to Jamaica we buy Blue Mountain for us and family.  The coffee machines in the lounges is only popular because people think they're getting something for free.  

Our last cruise we were Star class and had coffee every morning in the SL.  We like it and certainly had any other option available to us for “free”, so I’m not sure your attribution on this is accurate.  Seems to me most people like the SL/DL coffee because, well, they like the coffee.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kernow said:

Do they even have semi skimmed on RCL? I've asked for it in MDR and been told only skimmed or full fat, also never seen it in Windjammer.

Hello,

No they don't. To get semi skimmed you would have to mix regular and skimmed in the ratio of 1:3.

Actually I'm not sure it's even an American thing.

I mistakenly thought the milk labelled 'Half and Half' was a mix of regular and skimmed but it was only on these pages I discovered it was half milk and half cream.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Lounge machines

This is Indy SL. Notice the 2 beans in lower left of control screen just touch it

20220617_175228.thumb.jpg.af6c3f48e9a906afb204a995aa93853e.jpg

I don’t recall that type of coffee machine, but I’ll definitely be on the lookout for any way to increase the strength. Our new Keurig we have at home has strength choices. Thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BND said:

We love good coffee.  My preferred coffee is Jamaican Blue Mountain or a good Kona.  DL coffee is neither.  I also don't drink the "free" coffee onboard.  Every time we go to Jamaica we buy Blue Mountain for us and family.  The coffee machines in the lounges is only popular because people think they're getting something for free.  

I’m my case I go there for my morning coffee because I can mix and match what I want without talking to anyone. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Never heard of anyone stripped of their perks🤔

I don't know about the DL, but I once wore shorts in the SL.  They move me from my Royal Suite into an inside cabin in steerage and forced me to drink instant coffee from the crew commissary for the remainder of the cruise.  😜

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We are Diamond, but, it has been many years since we have sailed with RCI.  I notice for my upcoming cruise the DL is not open until 8am!!  What??!!!  I need my coffee and 6am, lol.

The DL is always open. 

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

why not just go in and make a couple of coffees and sit in the lounge outside and drink them. .. if it's a problem. I'd ask the diamond ambassador and see what they say. None of us here know tbh. Maybe it depends on how busy they are. 

Exactly,  I pick up 2 coffees most mornings, I take one back to the DW who I left sleeping when I return before I head off to the FlowRider.  I bring her a few snacks from the continental offerings as well.  I see lots of people do the same thing.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you know that you could use your seapass and get free coffee from Starbucks when machine on Adventure was broken?   

The concierge never told anyone who inquired. Don’t remember starbucks on that ship. The machine in the suite lounge not working sometimes either.  Dry dock necessary!

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I look forward to the lounge coffee😁

But I'm a glutton for punishment I'm told🙀

Speaking of drinks & gluttony, I didn’t forget about you. Waiting to board Indy now.

Our muster station is near Playmakers & I plan to get a drink there after lunch. I’ll try to find Alex, if not today, sometime this week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The concierge never told anyone who inquired. Don’t remember starbucks on that ship. The machine in the suite lounge not working sometimes either.  Dry dock necessary!

The concierge told several people on Bermuda sailing.   Sorry forgot it was cafe promenade but think they serve Starbucks coffee.  Just show card that you were diamond and could get free latte, espresso, capuccino, etc  any type of coffee the machine could make.   Could not get free iced lattes or machiottos.

Heard they were waiting on new machine for DL.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm with you.  I love getting my latte or capuccino with extra espresso in DL to kick start my morning.  I'm usually there when first open at 7 am😃

I'm glad I scrolled and read.  I was wondering what time the DL opened up LOL!  I may pop in for my morning coffee instead of going up to the WJ (on enchantment).

8 minutes ago, slyster said:

I'm glad I scrolled and read.  I was wondering what time the DL opened up LOL!  I may pop in for my morning coffee instead of going up to the WJ (on enchantment).

Opening time varies by ship. 7am is on the early side

22 minutes ago, slyster said:

Theres a difference between opens up and when you can get coffee I guess you understand.

I could go much earlier and the coffee machine was working. 

The time it opens means rhats when the diamond ambassador comes in and is there on duty and there is food.  .. I went in early and got coffee on grandeur lots of mornings before he came on duty. Liberty not so much as they werent as good about keeping the machine clean and working. 

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Have never known them to send people to Starbucks when the machine was down, so would be interested to know which ship did.  

It was on Adventure on a sailing to Bermuda in May.    sent to cafe promenade (I was mixed up earlier and said Starbucks but I think the cafe promenade does sell starbucks coffee like they do on Anthem) and told to show seapass and say DL concierge sent due to broken machine.      It worked for many on that sailing because the coffee machine had been down for several days and they said they were waiting on a new one to arrive.   

55 minutes ago, slyster said:

The concierge usually shows up at 8 or 9 am as others have said but I have gotten coffee at 7 am.     Again, this could vary per ship but I am usually one of the first there to grab my coffee and go for a morning walk.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry confused ships.  It was cafe promenade but think they serve Starbucks coffee.

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It was on Adventure on a sailing to Bermuda in May.    sent to cafe promenade (I was mixed up earlier and said Starbucks but I think the cafe promenade does sell starbucks coffee like they do on Anthem) and told to show seapass and say DL concierge sent due to broken machine.      It worked for many on that sailing because the coffee machine had been down for several days and they said they were waiting on a new one to arrive.   

Okay, I thought when you said you confused ships, there was a ship that was sending people to Starbucks for their morning coffee fix when the DL machine was broken.

Yes, the specialty coffees at some Cafe Promenades are made with Starbucks branded coffee.  La Patisserie on Anthem also has Starbucks branded coffee in their specialty coffees.  I am not sure what coffee Cafe Promenade on Anthem uses as we don't go there as they do not have espresso based specialty coffee, they just have the coffee in the urns.