Diamond Lounge Coffee

54 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

My Enchantment  App states 8am.

I find RCs app to be as consistent as RCs website. Inconsistent. We did a B2B on the Explorer (March) and the DL was always open. I stopped in one morning around 5:45 before heading out to the walking track. Was coffee available at that time. I don't know. I don't drink coffee. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RosieCanberra said:

Oh I like the DL coffee too, a great perk! I don't recall ever having a broken machine, just lucky I guess. 

In the past when the machine was broken they let us get complimentary specialty coffee at the Cafe Promenade. Don’t know if they still do that. 

7 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The concierge never told anyone who inquired. Don’t remember starbucks on that ship. The machine in the suite lounge not working sometimes either.  Dry dock necessary!

We got it at the Cafe Promenade. 

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've typically been steered towards Cafe Promenade. But even that is hit or miss

Cafe Promenade when the machine was broken. Problem was that while the coffee made by a baresta tasted better it usually took 20 minutes. Always understaffed. The machine was much faster. 

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

I find RCs app to be as consistent as RCs website. Inconsistent. We did a B2B on the Explorer (March) and the DL was always open. I stopped in one morning around 5:45 before heading out to the walking track. Was coffee available at that time. I don't know. I don't drink coffee. 

Lounge never closes. Coffee machine does from around 9pm to 8am

So, on our Adventure Repo from Galveston to NY.  The machine worked perfectly from day 1 to about day 5.  Day 5 the screen no longer showed the drinks, but if you tapped the keys and knew what they were you got a drink.  That lasted a couple of days and they put a picture on the control area, showing what the buttons did.  next day dead.  After that went to the promenade and got a medium sized drink for free.  I first asked for 2 large, they said only medium for the Diamond lounge, but made me larges.  Rest of cruise I asked for mediums.  

I am not surprised the machine was not working after we left in mid May.

It seemed truly dead, as the Munchkins would say in the Wizard of Oz.  It seemed like an ancient machine compared to what I have seen on other ships.

jc

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, on our Adventure Repo from Galveston to NY.  The machine worked perfectly from day 1 to about day 5.  Day 5 the screen no longer showed the drinks, but if you tapped the keys and knew what they were you got a drink.  That lasted a couple of days and they put a picture on the control area, showing what the buttons did.  next day dead.  After that went to the promenade and got a medium sized drink for free.  I first asked for 2 large, they said only medium for the Diamond lounge, but made me larges.  Rest of cruise I asked for mediums.  

I am not surprised the machine was not working after we left in mid May.

It seemed truly dead, as the Munchkins would say in the Wizard of Oz.  It seemed like an ancient machine compared to what I have seen on other ships.

jc

liberty last december the coffee machine for diamonds was broke, had been broke per b2b guests the week before. Didnt occur to me to ask for free at the coffee shop. I learn so much here.

I am not even sure when I turned diamond, but sure learned it was a big deal during covid .. lol now i know to ask for free coffees not use my vouchers. I do like my coffee. Like bnd I love blue mountain, but the stuff I bought in the port or outside the port in jamaica wasnt up to my standards and cost a bundle. I finally have decided they sell seconds to tourists in jamaica and it's better quality here at home.

I liked all the coffee ok. Even in the WJ wasnt bad. I like mine extra dark, no water please. Just give me my coffee in the morning. Sometimes I'm up before the cafe or diamond open and have regular. ..just  want   my   coffee. 

Hello,

One of the things I noticed in May & June on both DL & SL machines is someone had turned-off the automatic rinsing feature. This cleans-off any of the grounds that have stuck to the brewing unit and if too much becomes stuck then the whole shebang gets clogged-up and stops. And it's very messy to unclog.

Regards,

Cublet

Spoke to the DL concierge on Indy about the coffee machines being turned off overnight & not available til 7am now. He said shoreside (corporate) made the change b/c kids (not sure how they knew it was specifically kids) were entering the DL when it wasn’t monitored, letting others in who weren’t Diamond, and too frequently breaking the machines.

This doesn’t make a ton of sense to me b/c there’s no staff in the DL most of the day yet the machines are obviously on and available but that's what I was told so figured I’d pass it along.

The concierge, Gavin, was very nice and I’m sure he was also just passing along what he was told.

Anyway, since it’s almost 7am…

On 7/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, CTSandy said:

I’m Diamond, my niece sharing cabin with me is not, can we both go to Diamond lounge together for coffee?  On Celebrity, where the classification is elite, I can bring her to events.  Thanks for any information!

its called a "Diamond Lounge" - not a "Diamond plus friends & family Lounge". So, no & I respectfully disagree with those saying take her anyway.  And I presume if X had an Elite lounge, they would not allow family/friends to tag along.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Spoke to the DL concierge on Indy about the coffee machines being turned off overnight & not available til 7am now. He said shoreside (corporate) made the change b/c kids (not sure how they knew it was specifically kids) were entering the DL when it wasn’t monitored, letting others in who weren’t Diamond, and too frequently breaking the machines.

This doesn’t make a ton of sense to me b/c there’s no staff in the DL most of the day yet the machines are obviously on and available but that's what I was told so figured I’d pass it along.

The concierge, Gavin, was very nice and I’m sure he was also just passing along what he was told.

Hello,

Observing from a distance whenever there's a problem, I'm sure the maintenance crew are perfectly capable of breaking the machine themselves without the assistance of child passengers.

Regards,

Cublet

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It was on Adventure on a sailing to Bermuda in May.    sent to cafe promenade (I was mixed up earlier and said Starbucks but I think the cafe promenade does sell starbucks coffee ...

When I was on Adventure in Sept 2019, they sent us to Ben & Jerry's (which served Starbucks).

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/adventure-of-the-seas-192/ben-and-jerrys-363870/ben-and-jerrys--v16529651/

49 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

its called a "Diamond Lounge" - not a "Diamond plus friends & family Lounge". So, no & I respectfully disagree with those saying take her anyway.  And I presume if X had an Elite lounge, they would not allow family/friends to tag along.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Sure, you may sneak her in...and get away with it.  

Is it against the rules...yes.   Is it right to do so...no.   

Right on! 

• Like 1

To the OP: Really? That's a no. No friends, acquaintances or relatives, unless they too, have put in the time and $$ to reach Diamond or above.

It might seem like a nice gesture to bring your niece in for a cuppa, but how embarrassed would you both be if/when she gets "carded" and turfed out?!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Ironically, the DL coffee machine was in need of maintenance this morning. It looked cleaned & prepped but I got some error message about water pressure and of course no one was around as the little breakfast spread starts at 8 on Indy.

Fortunately, I saw a crew member going into the SL on my way out so I tailgated him, apologized for the intrusion, told him the DL machine needed attention, and used the machine in there.

On 7/15/2022 at 6:31 AM, Cruise a holic said:

We were recently on the Adventure and most days the coffee machine was broken.  People trying to fix it.  Not worth anything.  You can purchase an inexpensive coffee card and have a much better cup of coffee at sorrentos and enjoy with your family as you can both use the same card.  I think it was good for 15 coffees.  Including espresso and cappuccino.   Only diamond and diamond plus allowed in the lounge.

Adventure doesn't have Sorrentos, it has Cafe Promenade with an attached coffee shop.

If the Diamond lounge machine was broken you could have got free espresso and cappuccinos at the coffee shop. No need for a card.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:36 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

No they don't. To get semi skimmed you would have to mix regular and skimmed in the ratio of 1:3.

Actually I'm not sure it's even an American thing.

I mistakenly thought the milk labelled 'Half and Half' was a mix of regular and skimmed but it was only on these pages I discovered it was half milk and half cream.

Regards,

Cublet

Actually the US has 0%,1%,2% and whole milk - not direct equivalents to UK but near enough for most purposes. All are commonly used and available. I assume skimmed on the ship is fat-free.

Half and half would be 10%+.