Kids sail free promo? Please Princess say it isn't true.

rwilk1129

Saw on a financial site that Princess is having a kids sail free promo but Princess site doesn't show anything about it. Sure hope it is not true. We love Princess and the lack of kids. Hate to have to change to another line to avoid all the kids. 

• Like 7

July 15, 2022 9:00 AM EDT

Princess Cruises' Kids Sail Free Promotion Offers Incredible Savings on Family Vacations

Additional Discounts of Up to 25% Off Make Family Vacations Even More Affordable

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., July 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- A Princess cruise is already the best value in travel and the line's new Kids Sail Free offer is offering families even bigger savings on their 2023 vacation plans. The first of its kind offer from Princess can also be paired with discounts of up to 25%, making vacations in the new year even more affordable.

These limited time offers are available on a wide variety of 2023 cruises to the Caribbean, Mexico, the Mediterranean, California Coast, Alaska and Canada/New England, providing an unforgettable opportunity to create a lifetime of memories enjoying Princess' all-ages amenities and activities and visiting some of the world's most spectacular and iconic destinations.

"Kids Sail Free" offer is available for all third and fourth guests and bookable through August 15, 2022. Additional details and general terms about this limited time offer can be found at www.princess.com.

Sample cruise fares, based on double occupancy, with third and fourth guests sailing free in the same stateroom, include:

• Western Caribbean with Mexico on Ruby Princess (Jan. 8, 2023), starting at $449
  • Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez on Diamond Princess (Jan. 29, 2023), starting at $449
  • Classic California Coast on Discovery Princess (March 11, 2023), starting at $599
  • Mediterranean with France & Italy on Enchanted Princess (April 15, 2023), starting at $799
  • Voyage of the Glaciers (Northbound) on Majestic Princess (May 13, 2023), starting at $499
  • Classic Canada & New England on Caribbean Princess (Aug. 4, 2023), starting at $1,099
  •  

All Princess sailings offer a variety of family friendly cruise activities, including:

• Discovery at SEA Programs: Through an exclusive partnership with Discovery™, guests can enjoy stargazing on the top deck, activities featuring hit shows such as Shark Week and Finding Bigfoot, and the Encounters with Discovery at SEA speaker series.
  •  
  • Discovery™, Discovery Family & Animal Planet™ Shore Excursions: Enriching, immersive, once-in-a-lifetime experiences for the whole family, only available through Princess.
  •  
  • Camp Discovery™ Youth & Teen Clubs: Engaging youth programming and wonder-filled centers designed for the youngest guests:
  •  
    • The Treehouse (Ages 3-7): This bright, whimsical, forest-themed center for children features hands-on activities and programs surrounded by captivating creatures.
    •  
    • The Lodge (Ages 8-12): Inspired by the great outdoors, this cozy center is filled with sports activities and comfortable places for kids to explore, hang out and lounge.
    •  
    • The Beach House (Ages 13-17): This contemporary beach-themed lounge is "the" place for teens to hang out, socialize and connect.
    •  
  • Movies Under the Stars®: Throughout the day and night, the exclusive open-air poolside amphitheater is the go-to destination for feature films, thrilling concerts and exciting sporting events such as live football games. Cozy up under a fleece blanket in the comfortable lounger and feast on complimentary fresh-popped popcorn in the evening or delicious cookies and milk during the day.
  •  
  • Reef Family Splash Zone: The perfect place to relax, have fun and enjoy the water featuring an interactive splash pad, oversized backyard games and mocktails. Only available on Caribbean Princess.
  •  

Additional information about cruise activities for the whole family can be found at www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/kids-and-teens/.

"Kids Sail Free" runs from July 15, 2022 to August 15, 2022, and is available to residents 21 years of age and older of the United States & D.C., Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Bermuda. "Kids Sail Free" offer excludes taxes, fees, and port expenses ("TFPE") and deposit. First or second guest in stateroom will be responsible for all TFPE associated with free guest, as well as any other charges or expenses for such guest, and shall be responsible for their own prevailing cruise rates. Offer applies only to the third or fourth guests booked in the same stateroom as the first and second guests. There is no guarantee of availability at time of booking.

More information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel advisor, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237), or by visiting the company's website at www.princess.com.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rwilk1129 said:

Saw on a financial site that Princess is having a kids sail free promo but Princess site doesn't show anything about it. Sure hope it is not true. We love Princess and the lack of kids. Hate to have to change to another line to avoid all the kids. 

It's actually 3rd/4th guest...kids or not

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rwilk1129 said:

Oh, please.  If Princess does not market to a younger generation (one that has children), it will not survive and there will be no Princess left to love.  Every bit of marketing over the past year has been targeted to a younger crowd including the magnificent "Theme Park" commercial.  I think that you need to trust that the clientele that Princess attracts will bring with them children who are raised to be respectful world travelers.  I cannot imagine my life, or my daughter's life, without our cruising memories. From Formal Nights to event-packed days in port, these are among her most cherished memories from her mid-teen years.

image.thumb.jpeg.cdea5608066fc62d5c6ed0948421f3d9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.40e64d312e13293fcca64b734f799c80.jpeg

image.jpeg.9fd0600743e357aa4aa5693c8768a857.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f7c5c75ffba4a299560f5b1618431e6d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ad2da399c53ed2ebc3bdcdd85d6235f8.jpeg

• Like 20

I agree with you JimmyVWine.  I took my son on 11 cruises while he was growing up.  Great memories and a wonderful opportunity to teach him how to eat properly and socialize.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Oh, please.  If Princess does not market to a younger generation (one that has children), it will not survive and there will be no Princess left to love.  Every bit of marketing over the past year has been targeted to a younger crowd including the magnificent "Theme Park" commercial.  I think that you need to trust that the clientele that Princess attracts will bring with them children who are raised to be respectful world travelers.  I cannot imagine my life, or my daughter's life, without our cruising memories. From Formal Nights to event-packed days in port, these are among her most cherished memories from her mid-teen years.

image.thumb.jpeg.cdea5608066fc62d5c6ed0948421f3d9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.40e64d312e13293fcca64b734f799c80.jpeg

image.jpeg.9fd0600743e357aa4aa5693c8768a857.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f7c5c75ffba4a299560f5b1618431e6d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ad2da399c53ed2ebc3bdcdd85d6235f8.jpeg

Agreed! I have a 15 year aold and 11 year old who have been cruising since they were 6 months. Both are already Elite on Princess and love to cruise!

• Like 7

I think that is a fantastic offer and what a nice opportunity. I was lucky to travel with my parents and my grandparents while growing up and I do think it made me very comfortable in a variety of situations. I look forward to seeing more young people on these ships. They give a sense of excitement and it is wonderful to see the world;  but through their eyes. 

• Like 7

Just got off of the Ruby last week.  As an Alaska cruise, during the summer, there were a number of children on board.  They tended to be well behaved and in general not a problem.

You do know there are other cruise lines available with adult only ships, if that's your thing?

Our daughter has been cruising since she was 3, now 13. She adores it and is a joy to be around on ship. Our very first cruise was on Princess, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 4

Anyone who doesn’t  enjoy sailing with kids avoid the school holidays snd book longer itineraries.

I started sailing as a kid and that’s  how my ♥️ For cruising began. 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 6

Have to agree with the others. Bring on the kids! That means there's families.. and adults (their parents) that aren't geriatric. 🙂 Hopefully then Princess can up their game a bit in the entertainment stakes. We love most things about Princess.. but they are rather tame. It's bedtime at 9pm on most Princess ships haha. 

• Like 4

I agree with everyone about kids on cruises. My DD went on her first cruise with us at 6 yo and never once ordered off the kids menu, even at that age. She absolutely loves cruising.

For me, I love seeing kids having fun at the pools or roaming around the ship with the kids club staff on scavenger hunts, etc.

I wish I had that opportunity when I was a kid.

• Like 3

We were on a Princess cruise RT Southampton into the Mediterranean a few years ago. It was June and loaded with teens. With all the warm weather and sun they congregated together on the open decks. They were well behaved but of course the socializing at those ages was intense. The energy and excitement they brought to the rest of the passengers was a great experience as we were remembering how it was to be those ages (and of course wishing we could do it all over but knowing what we know now). It was good to see the next generation of adults is going to do well.

• Like 3

Have you ever been on a ship that was taken over by more than 500 kids running amuck?  I have, and it is NOT FUN!  You will not be able to use any ship amenities like pool, hot tubs, etc.  It is no longer your cruise.  NEVER AGAIN!

I do love kids, but just prefer not to vacation with them

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Have you ever been on a ship that was taken over by more than 500 kids running amuck?  I have, and it is NOT FUN!  You will not be able to use any ship amenities like pool, hot tubs, etc.  It is no longer your cruise.  NEVER AGAIN!

I do love kids, but just prefer not to vacation with them

Richard Branson has created a product for you. Seabourn and Oceania too. You can’t expect a Mass Market cruise line to cater to only a third of the “mass”. And I doubt that you have ever been on a Princess cruise that had 500 kids running amok. Until a few years ago it’s largest capacity ships held just over 3,000 people. No way did they ever sail with 500 who were unruly kids. If half the kids were unruly and the other half well-behaved there would have to have been 1,000 kids on the ship. Simply not possible. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 3

@JimmyVWine  I should have said it was NOT a Princess cruise.  It was NCL on a week during Canadian Spring Break.  And YES, there really were over 500 kids.  That number came from a crew member.

Princess is fine for me and I hope they keep the familiar atmosphere/ambience we are used to.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

And YES, there really were over 500 kids.  That number came from a crew member.

I don't doubt that there were 500 kids.  What I don't believe is that 100% of them were running amuck. It is simply statistically impossible for every kid on the ship to be misbehaved.

• Like 4

One of the reasons we started sailing with Princess many years ago was they limited the number of kids onboard.  I can recall many threads here on CC where people tried to book a family cruise on Princess and were told they had already met the number allowed for that specific sailing and could not book with kids.  We're not 'anti-kid' by any means, but did appreciate the limited number of kids.  I am going to research Virgin Cruises options due to the adults-only atmosphere -- it might be something we'd enjoy down the road.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

. We love most things about Princess.. but they are rather tame. It's bedtime at 9pm on most Princess ships haha. 

Have to disagree with you........................bedtime is 😃10PM

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

One of the reasons we started sailing with Princess many years ago was they limited the number of kids onboard.  I can recall many threads here on CC where people tried to book a family cruise on Princess and were told they had already met the number allowed for that specific sailing and could not book with kids.  We're not 'anti-kid' by any means, but did appreciate the limited number of kids.  I am going to research Virgin Cruises options due to the adults-only atmosphere -- it might be something we'd enjoy down the road.  

I do not recall Princess ever limiting children as a demographic, they have limited the number of people above 2 in cabins, based upon overall ship occupancy and life boat capacity.  Life boat capacity can also result in those limits in some areas of the ship even if allowed in other portions.

Have been on many Princess cruises over the years during the summer when ships have maxed out passengers above 2 per cabin,, with lots of children on board (as in several hundred).

Families with Children tend to book during school holidays and shorter cruises (7 days or so).  So there are many cruises when schools are in session and also on longer cruises where few children are on board.  Did two cruises in the Med B2B a few years ago right at the end of summer where the first cruise had almost 400 children on board, and the second cruise had less than 50 due to the timing of school starting at the end of summer.

There was a comic on my last Holland America cruise who opened with. 

“There Isn’t One Kid On This Cruise  Who Deserves To Be On Here” he got a big laugh

When kids go they get their rooms cleaned , food placed in front of them (,just like home)

What’s different for them?

If you don’t want kids book Holland America. 

P.S. I have brought kids on cruises before