Back to Back 2nd Embarkation Question

We will be doing a B2B on Voyager in a couple of weeks, with our first leg ending in Southampton. What is the procedure/security for leaving and boarding the ship?  I assume it is best to wait for the current cruisers to disembark, but should we wait to re-board until after the next set of cruisers have completed their embarkation, or do we just flash our cabin cards at anytime to re-board just like any other port?

Thanks in advance; this is our first B2B!

We were wondering the same thing.  We have a back to back on the Splendor in Sept.  The first cruise ends in Southhampton. We have to change cabins (actually the cabin next to our original one).  Don't know if we can go and come or we have to be off the ship and not allowed back on since our key card won't work on the new cabin.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, doowopbob said:

We were wondering the same thing.  We have a back to back on the Splendor in Sept.  The first cruise ends in Southhampton. We have to change cabins (actually the cabin next to our original one).  Don't know if we can go and come or we have to be off the ship and not allowed back on since our key card won't work on the new cabin.  

I would love to hear how this works for you. We have the same situation in December, in Miami. The 2nd leg suite is across the hall from the 1st leg suite. Also, I'm interested to know if Regent offers you an excursion on your B2B day.

Please post your experience if you get a chance.

We had the same issue on our covid canceled cruise. The  transition day was in Tokyo. We were told we could not book shore excursions for that day until we were aboard the ship on day one of the cruise.. We were assured by Regent we would get on the excursion we wanted. They promised they held spots open for situations like ours. Our TA verified this also. 
We were told our belongings would magically be moved during the day from one suite to the other. 

i

• Thanks 1

Not sure about Cabin changes, but as for getting on and off the ship, you can do it at your leisure.  They prefer you to get off the ship as they do a complete turn-around cleaning and even though you can stay in your cabin and use public spaces, you'll still be in their way.

Be sure your Seapass shows your actual debarkation date.  If not check with Passenger Service and have it updated before you leave the ship.  If you're changing cabins, the crew will move your stuff (you might want to move valuables in the safe).   I would go to Passenger Service and get your new Seapass for the new room before leaving the ship.  They can tell you what you need to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have a BTB coming up in which we booked the second piece well after we'd booked the first part, so have separate booking numbers (and will be changing cabins). We actually will be on the ship when the online checkin for the second piece opens up. It will be interesting to see how this is handled, since I doubt the onboard wifi can cope with the checkin strain. I'm not sweating it--I'm certain the front desk can deal with this. 

• Like 1

I was on the Voyager in June this year when one leg ended in Southampton.  The only thing i can add is that since this was the first stop in the UK everyone had to meet with UK Customs people.  It was nicely handled on board with an announcement broadcast though the ship after most of the departing passengers left. Due to Covid you had to put on a green wrist band to return to the ship without going through the check in procedures for Covid when returning.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

We have a BTB coming up in which we booked the second piece well after we'd booked the first part, so have separate booking numbers (and will be changing cabins). We actually will be on the ship when the online checkin for the second piece opens up. It will be interesting to see how this is handled, since I doubt the onboard wifi can cope with the checkin strain. I'm not sweating it--I'm certain the front desk can deal with this. 

The ship has multiple internet connections. One for Navigation, one for passengers and crew, one for the onboard ship IT person (not he IT person for the passengers) and the passenger IT guy also has a connection (he can download an HD movie in about 90 seconds while at sea). Most check-ins are done on shore these days and even when done on ship it doesn't use much bandwidth.

They will probably handle your changer/checking right at the front desk the day before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have just a bit of experience, but Regent offered limited shore excursions on turn over day. In Hong Kong it was wonderful,  a tai chi lesson followed by a dim sum lunch, tea shop visit and shopping stop. I can't recall if there were other options. In Dubai the only option was a HOHO bus pass. I imagine it depends on the port and the number of people doing a B2B. (It is also a great day to catch up on laundry if you are on for an extended time and prefer to do some of your own.)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, doowopbob said:

14 hours ago, RELS said:

I would love to hear how this works for you. We have the same situation in December, in Miami. The 2nd leg suite is across the hall from the 1st leg suite.

We have done B2Bs with suite changes in the past. Just to reinforce advice already given:

- Excursions for changeover day will be scheduled while you are on board your first segment. Check with Destination Services.

- Your steward or butler will arrange the move of your belongings from one suite to another, without you needing to pack/unpack. Look after valuables yourself.

-  It is best to obtain your new keycard before leaving the ship; otherwise you may have difficulties with port security. Reception will be able to issue your new keycard as soon as the previous occupants have vacated (normally before 9am)

- check nearer the date of your cruise what are the arrangements for covid testing for B2B guests. 

- Any other queries speak to Reception or the Executive Concierge during your first segment and they will ensure that the transition between B2B legs is seamless

It is a wonderful feeling towards the end of the first segment knowing that you do not have to pack and make the journey to the airport just yet 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, travlr21 said:

We have just a bit of experience, but Regent offered limited shore excursions on turn over day. In Hong Kong it was wonderful,  a tai chi lesson followed by a dim sum lunch, tea shop visit and shopping stop. I can't recall if there were other options. In Dubai the only option was a HOHO bus pass. I imagine it depends on the port and the number of people doing a B2B. (It is also a great day to catch up on laundry if you are on for an extended time and prefer to do some of your own.)

Thanks all for the answers. We are not really looking for Regent to offer excursions; I think we will just walk or taxi to the Sea/Titanic museum and then try to find some authentic fish and chips before heading back to the ship.

only experience with B2B was in Alaska and pre-covid, and we stayed in the same suite, so can't comment on changing suites.  But we were free to come and go as we wished.  Since we were not able to book an excursion prior to boarding, I booked my husband a private fishing trip (in Seward).  I just waited till onboard and did whatever excursion was offered--can't even remember it, but husband loved his fishing trip. 

My past BTB were just treated as the same cruise but I have one in 2024 which is under two different numbers.  I have signed up for the same cabin for both cruises.  I rust that they can move all of my stuff, but I am not sure I would remember to go to the correct cabin.  The one question I have is will I have to use the OBC up from the first cruise or will they carry over to the second.

21 minutes ago, Scout16 said:

The one question I have is will I have to use the OBC up from the first cruise or will they carry over to the second.

OBC left from the first cruise carries over to the second cruise.

Dave

1 minute ago, SusieQft said:

Even if you have 2 separate booking numbers?

Yes. I just got off a back to back cruise with two separate booking numbers. Unused OBC from the first cruise was carried over to the second cruise.

Dave

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DaveFr said:

Yes. I just got off a back to back cruise with two separate booking numbers. Unused OBC from the first cruise was carried over to the second cruise.

Dave

Dave,

thanks for that very helpful information. We have a B2B with two booking numbers coming up in September, and thought we had to use our very large OBC in the first 12 days.

If your B2B involves a US port, you may have to get off the ship because Homeland Security sometimes demands a "zero passenger" count.  Get off, sit in waiting area for an hour or so, and jump back on.  Just make sure to have key card for second voyage in hand.

12 hours ago, Moche1 said:

If your B2B involves a US port, you may have to get off the ship because Homeland Security sometimes demands a "zero passenger" count.  Get off, sit in waiting area for an hour or so, and jump back on.  Just make sure to have key card for second voyage in hand.

We did b2b where the changeover was in New York City.  No requirements to leave the ship or anything. We got off at our leisure after everyone else had departed (about 8 of us were staying on board) to mostly get out of the way of the busy crew.  Walked off and back on with no interruptions or delays.  No need for us to go through Customs or anything else.  I will add that we had already made 3 U.S. port stops on the first leg so that may have been a difference regarding Customs.

Edited by papaflamingo

On 7/24/2022 at 2:31 PM, wishIweretravelling said:

We are the 2nd half of a B2B and there was no issue with the check-in using my iPhone connected to the Voyager’s Wi-Fi.