Royal Caribbean have swapped ships for 2023-2024!

Royal Caribbean redeploys Brilliance of the Seas for 2023-2024 cruise season

Another Royal Caribbean cruise ship scheduled to sail from Europe in 2023 has been moved elsewhere.

Guests that were booked on Brilliance of the Seas for her summer 2023 sailings received an email today that their sailings have been cancelled.

Royal Caribbean's original plan was for Brilliance of the Seas was to continue offering sailings departing from Tampa, Florida through April 29th, 2023 and begin its European season on May 15th, 2023, before making its way back to Tampa, Florida in November 2023.

The International Maritime Organization recently shared new speed regulations that Royal Caribbean must adhere to and as a result, they've repositioned some of ships for the upcoming 2023/2024 season.

Brilliance will now sail from Vancouver, British Columbia starting April 3rd, 2023 and Sydney, Australia beginning October 23rd, 2023.

Enchantment of the Seas will now take Brilliance's place in Florida and Europe and will offer similar itineraries.

The original plan for Enchantment of the Seas was to offer sailings departing from Vancouver, British Columbia on April 3rd, 2023 and Sydney, Australia on October 23rd, 2023.

Instead, Enchantment of the Seas will now continue offering sailings from Baltimore, Maryland through April 20th, 2023 and begin a European season with departures from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy, Athens (Piraeus), Greece, and Venice (Ravenna), Italy starting May 15th, 2023, before making its way to Tampa, Florida in November 2023. 

Starting July 28th, 2022, we'll automatically move your clients to the new Enchantment of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as their original Brilliance of the Seas cruise. They'll receive like-for-like accommodations onboard Enchantment of the Seas, and their amenities will remain the same.

Guests that were booked onboard Enchantment or Brilliance of the Seas have 3 options:

• Automatically move to the Enchantment or Brilliance of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as their original cruise
    • Their new sailing will still offer the same beautiful ports as their original cruise, and it'll depart from the same destination. 
    • Move them to a like-for-like stateroom and their original stateroom category price will either be protected at their original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower).
  • Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing
    • Royal Caribbean will waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
    • No price protection
  • A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment within 14 business days

Guests have between now now and August 18th, 2022 to decide. If the person does nothing, they'll remain booked on the alternate Enchantment of the Seas sailing.

Source: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/07/28/royal-caribbean-redeploys-brilliance-of-the-seas-2023-2024-cruise-season

• Thanks 1

Yes, suspected a change was coming for some time as 2 weeks ago our Brilliance cruise in the Med in May 2023 disappeared from the site. Rumours abounded and it was confirmed last night that Enchantment  and Brilliance were swapping itineraries.

7 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Sydney got the better end of this swap.  
I couldn’t work out why they had a ship with so few balconies in Alaska. Never made sense.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if something happens with Quantum. Maybe not this season but next.

Its not selling very well. The trans pacific is only half full.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if something happens with Quantum. Maybe not this season but next.

Frightened of the lurgy Chilli. Fair chance in 3 or 4 weeks from USA to Straya there will be a more than a few succumb.  Plus potentially some of the ports entroute being closed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Frightened of the lurgy Chilli. Fair chance in 3 or 4 weeks from USA to Straya there will be a more than a few succumb.  Plus potentially some of the ports entroute being closed.

I was thinking of grabbing a bargain on quantum trans pacific but no cheap airfares .

And as you say it could be a long cruise with no stops .

22 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Relocating Quantum & Ovation from the US with similar itineraries might be a bit much. If one was coming from Europe, it would give them two options to sell.

A bit of clever marketing would help. Relocate to Brisbane via Cairns, and market a cruisetour itinerary that starts with the reef, then Uluru and Sydney instead of the reverse order. Or if they keep her in QLD year round, they won't have to worry about selling Transpacifics.

14 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Relocating Quantum & Ovation from the US with similar itineraries might be a bit much. If one was coming from Europe, it would give them two options to sell.

A bit of clever marketing would help. Relocate to Brisbane via Cairns, and market a cruisetour itinerary that starts with the reef, then Uluru and Sydney instead of the reverse order. Or if they keep her in QLD year round, they won't have to worry about selling Transpacifics.

I think it’s Brisbane that is putting people off.

Ovation is just about sold out and just going off the roll calls there a good amount of Americans. All wanting to climb the harbour bridge at $600 ,that’s one person said.

Maybe Brisbane should be doing tours of the sewage plant.

I don’t know if it’s similar with other brands?

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I think you might be right NSWP about the ports, with them been unknown what is happing with them, apart from Fiji, which is open to cruise ships.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I was thinking of grabbing a bargain on quantum trans pacific but no cheap airfares .

That could be way she is only half full.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I did a tour of the sewage plant in Hobart.

Very interesting.

But it was work related.

That is why many Tasweigans, Hobartians in particular have 3 fingers and 3 toes, tis the air.🤣

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Ovation is just about sold out and just going off the roll calls there a good amount of Americans. All wanting to climb the harbour bridge at $600 ,that’s one person said.

They can do a Story Bridge Adventure Climb in Brisbane from $99 in winter. 

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

They can do a Story Bridge Adventure Climb in Brisbane from $99 in winter. 

Cheap as chips compared to extreme cost of climbing SHB. Did someone say it is $600? Holy moly.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I did a tour of the sewage plant in Hobart.

Very interesting.

But it was work related.

I did a virtual  tour of the sewerage treatment works……well ..we didn't go there ..just went through the motions . 

• Haha 7

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We are booked on the Quantum TP in April. We originally looked at Ovation ( considering we live in Sydney) However we booked a junior suite with large balcony for less than a balcony on Ovation. We booked in September last year and the prices for Ovation were already crazy.

A $69 jetstar flight from Sydney and we saved $$$.

I do think the majority of Americans would likely prefer to sail from Sydney (let’s face it it’s the most beautiful harbour in the world) and for many it’s the once in a lifetime visit so they 1. Want to see Sydney and 2. They are happy to pay.

• Like 1

We did our first ever cruise from Sydney last weekend and I can see why people choose to sail from there. We are looking forward to Quantum in November but have booked all our other cruises from Sydney. We live in Townsville so we have to fly in anyway and it costs maybe $10 more for a flight each to Sydney over Brisbane.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

We are booked on the Quantum TP in April. We originally looked at Ovation ( considering we live in Sydney) However we booked a junior suite with large balcony for less than a balcony on Ovation. We booked in September last year and the prices for Ovation were already crazy.

A $69 jetstar flight from Sydney and we saved $$$.

I do think the majority of Americans would likely prefer to sail from Sydney (let’s face it it’s the most beautiful harbour in the world) and for many it’s the once in a lifetime visit so they 1. Want to see Sydney and 2. They are happy to pay.

I can’t see quantum being in Brisbane for the 23-24 season.

Ovation is mostly sold out and Quantum is only half full for this coming season.

Apparently RC has told Brisbane they plan on a ship there year round but I don’t think it will be quantum.

My guess is quantum will move to sydney or Singapore next season.
And sydney for the 23-24 season will have Ovation and Quantum or this is a big guess,Ovation and Wonder.

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I can’t see quantum being in Brisbane for the 23-24 season.

Ovation is mostly sold out and Quantum is only half full for this coming season.

Apparently RC has told Brisbane they plan on a ship there year round but I don’t think it will be quantum.

My guess is quantum will move to sydney or Singapore next season.
And sydney for the 23-24 season will have Ovation and Quantum or this is a big guess,Ovation and Wonder.

We are big planners and have booked cruises for the 23/24 season already, we have booked New Zealand for Jan 24 on ovation but was looking to book something for Oct/Nov 23, do you think it’s worth waiting in case there is major changes? I would have thought any major ship changes would have been 24/25 season